Pennsylvania State University-Main Campus Top Questions

When you step off campus what do you see?

Meridith

When you step off campus, you can see vast farmland, forests, and mountains in the distance. Penn State has one of the most aesthetically-pleasing atmospheres of any colleges I had visited and it provides the perfect escape when it's time to take a break.

Brandi

Most likely, if you're heading off campus, it's to visit the downtown area. I personally love it (when it's not a friday/saturday night of course.) There are so many restaurants, stores, and services. From haircutting, to groceries, to fashion, to food, it's like having a small city right at the foot of campus. The nicest part, it's not ridiculous to carry back, or you can hitch a bus ride.

Victoria

Right at the edge of campus is downtown State College. There are plenty of restaurants, good pizza places (ever heard of Pokey Stix?!), Subways, Starbucks, Dunkin' Dounuts, Panera and Penn State apparel stores. Outside of campus you can easily access anything you could ever need. There is a mall, multiple movie theaters, two (yes we need it) Wal-Marts, Target, Best Buy. Staples, Chick-fil-A, and Dairy Queen just to name a few places. Now, outside of those places you'll find farms and farms and then more farms surrounding miles of highway. Basically State College is a true college town catered towards anything college kids could want or need, but outside of State College you'll find a whole different kind of lifestyle.

Irena

A lot of shops & hotels & apartments