Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Abington Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Abington

Marianella

Penn State Abington is a really great, close knit community that has so much to offer. There are loads of clubs and extracurricular activities to take part in. Campus organizations such as Lion Ambassadors and SGA are extremely active on campus and are a great source for information or opportunity to get involved. The professors always make themselves available for their students and any need is met by the multitude of resources available throughout campus.

Good school for people wanting a smaller, close-knit community or using the small campus as a way to transition into a bigger school but don't want to go to community. Penn State Abington is a great starter school for those looking to moving on to bigger and better things, but often times those who attend for that purpose change their minds once they start attending and stay there all four years if they can! The campus is in a quaint little county with little crime at all, and police presecence is greta with the school thanks to the school's own police force as well as the local Abington police having a relationship with the school. Most things are within walking distance (or a short shuttle/bus ride away) from campus. The campus itself is far away enough from the main busy streets to maintain a sort of quiet oasis vibe, which is really beneficial for students. The tranquil atmosphere, though rowdy at times during major events (like any other school) helps students feel comfortable working on campus. Another bonus would be smaller class sizes, so that your professors can really get to know you and will therefore look out for you if you ever express you need their help. You get on their good side (like any other person) and they'll have your back. This has helped me tremendously through my first two semesters there, and helped me maintain a 3.93 GPA! If you're looking for somewhere to get somewhat of the college experience (and get the degree) but either want to start off small or don't like the idea of a huge campus at all, Penn State Abington may be the place for you.

Fanny

Although this campus only offers 18 majors (and over 20 minors), Abington College is a good option for students who prefer a one-on-one treatment with faculty members. It's a great place for PSU students to really have a clear idea of the resources available to them, and to actually experience college in a more friendly and engaging way. Small campuses are great for people who like to get themselves "out there", and PS-Abington is no exception. Many leadership opportunities, active clubs (we even got our very own Feminist club!), are available to students. Most of us will only spend 2 years in this wonderful campus (due to PSU's 2+2 program), but the experience will be well treasured.

For a commuter campus, Penn State Abington is great! The campus itself is very pretty, although some of the buildings' interiors could use some updating. The classes are usually pretty small, unless you take a general education class. My professors were extremely helpful and had plenty of office hours. Dorms are being built for incoming freshman next year, so I'm sure the party scene will increase (it's basically nonexistent now). If you want to go off-campus between classes, there are shuttles that can take you to the nearby mall or various restaurants around Abington. The major complaint I have is the parking lots. They need to be expanded! Students end up creating their own parking spaces and getting ticketed (guilty). Despite that issue, I would highly recommend Penn State Abington for anyone looking for a college experience near home or just a quieter lifestyle.

Avery

I am an out of state student. I moved all the way from California. I chose Penn State Abington, because it is not only the most diverse campus, but it is also a beautiful campus! I absolutely love the environment at my school. Classes are a great size, and faculty is always there for their students. I love the student life at campus. We have students who come from around the country, even from around the globe! Penn State Abington values diversity and inclusion. We have an entire building devoted to it. Students are able to access a variety of resources to help them for a successful college experience. I am proud to go to Penn State Abington. Penn State University students have astounding campus pride!... WE ARE

Amaya

Penn State Abington has a great education system.The campus attempts to get people more involved, or excited to be there, but overall, its pretty boring. On the other hand, the campus environment is very appealing. There isn't really any chance to make life-long friends since it is a commuter campus. People usually come to school for class and then go directly home afterwards.

Aijia

I transferred into this campus and they waited until the semester was almost over to contact me in regards to being a new student. They included me in all the emails for first year students... I'm a sophomore. Instead of making signs for upcoming events on campus they decide to write them in chalk on the pathways - this is honestly pointless because it snows and rains a lot here so the messages are half gone by the time someone does see them. There is no on-campus housing either. Apart from this, I would say my experience here is somewhat tolerable.

Alejandra

PSU Abington is an amazing campus. It’s not as big as some other campuses but it’s awesome. I’ve met some great people and the outdoor life is great. There’s a lot of extracurricular to get involved in. Usually when the weathers nice, there’s always something going on.

Nefa

Academically, Penn state Abington is a great school. The professors here take teaching very seriously and really enjoy helping the students. The students are friendly and the campus is diverse; anyone from any background would feel comfortable here. Overall, this is a great campus for anyone looking for a small community to thrive in.

ercy

Penn state Abington is the place to go, it teaches you the importance of your education. The ambient at my university is so relaxing that you can even study outside. The people you meet in college will be your friends for a lifetime because they will be like a family instead.

Jocelyn

I think Penn State Abingotn is amazing, I really love the size of it so you don't do a lot of walking to class. There's always a event going on, free food everywhere, everyone likes to get involved. The faculty is great, they are always at their office hours. There's a lot to do on campus. The on-campus life is great as well, especially if you love meeting new people like myself. It's ideal choice especially if you're doing the 2+2, where you spend two years at branch campus then 2 years at their main campus because you're getting that small community at first to help you familiarize with everything, it's not so overwhelming, you can really focus because everything is close to get to, easy manage. Then off, to the big campus where there is a lot more resources that can really help you with your major.

john

Its a wonderful school. Majority of the teachers are very passionate about what they do and are always willing to help. Like all colleges though there are some bad ones that you want to avoid. The campus is a bit on the hilly side. The location is fantastic for me though because it is only about a 20-25 minute commute for me. Its a wonderful way to save money then head up to main campus if you are a mech. I would recommend anyone local who wants to save money and go to PSU to go to abington. warning park SUCKS!

Jose

Penn State Abington is a great school for someone who is looking to enter into the college life slowly. The campus has great, friendly and caring staff and is a good way to get used to the college life before jumping into a huge campus like penn state main.

Kyra

Penn State Abington is a good university for those who want to get in and out of college. A majority of the students are focused on their academics, so making friends and socializing with others is slightly harder than at other colleges, but Penn State Abington makes sure that there are an abundance of events for students and staff to partake in, and to get to know one another. The food and the pricing for it is average, most of the times I opt out of the cafeteria's food and drive to a nearby fast food place or bring food from home. The staff is nice and they know what they're talking about, but I believe they need more of a variety of professors. Overall, I am enjoying my experience at Penn State Abington, because it is what you make of it!

Sthasy

My experience in Penn State Abington has been nothing but quite great. I have always wanted to go to a school that was outside of the city life and that was not big in size and Penn State Abington is college for that. It is a small and very serene campus. It is also connected with nature, with trees and a duck pond displayed on campus. The campus overall is beautiful and I have not experienced nothing bad while on Penn State Abington. My classes so far have been all great and the professors I had so far have been amazing. There are so many activities and so many opportunities that the campus also offers. I love the campus overall.

Faheem

Penn State Abington is a very basic University compared to others. If you do not wanna stay close to home, or have financial issues, I would not attend this school. The professors are still great, but the class sizes are so small, feels like high school all over again. Campus-life is non existed compared to a bigger school, but the food is pretty good here. On-campus living is something I never did so I'll say try it before you knock it, but I prefer apartments off-campus. Abington overall is a good school to start at, but I would not finish here...

Wenwei

It is a beautiful place for me and for everyone. It is a wonderful school. Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Abington is a nice place to learn. Penn State Abington is a really good satellite campus to begin your studies for your major. The major I’m going to choose Mechanical Engineering. The environment of Abington is beautiful, which is also a good environment to learn. It makes relax. Students in the university are very kind and fun. They are helpful. The college makes me feels like it is my second home. Professor in the university always have time. If a student got any questions, student can ask professor. Majority of the teachers are very passionate about what they do. You have a chance to connect with your professors because the class sizes are not that big and you see very familiar faces everyday.

Corinne

As a student who just moved in yesterday, the 16th of August, you can imagine how many mixed emotions I have. I'm excited, scared, and I'm beginning to grow a very ambitious bone in my body. My overall opinion of my school is it's a nice place to start off, but it's very immature. I think I would want to end up somewhere where there are more activities, and more to do in general.

Houssam

Penn state Abington is a very nice school. For people that like small campuses, this is for you. You have a chance to connect with your professors because the class sizes are not that big and you see very familiar faces everyday. The overall environment of the campus feels very great. It is in the middle of a very nice neighborhood so its very quite and secluded making it a safe environment. The staff and professors are some of he best I have seen. They are very committed to making the school a better place everyday and making sure we get our moneys worth before we graduate.

Jacob

Penn State Abington is a really good satellite campus to begin your studies for your major. The people here are really nice, class sizes are small, and professors will help. The campus looks nice during the spring and summer time. Abington is a very safe place to be and the school has a lot of stores and restaurants nearby.

Jovanni

The school is overall great , you meet lots of people and you save some money . Parking lot can be better though . If you`re working while in school, this will be a good choice for you. Very simple and not to much. Most of the student and teachers are nice too.

Audre

As this is my second go-around with this campus, I have a less traditional view of it. I saw this campus first when my sister went, then when I started college in the 1990s and now again as a non-traditional student going back to school. I have seen the campus change and adapt to the students' and faculty needs and the grounds beautified even more over time. But while buildings got renovated and technology upgraded, the best part of this small campus within a very large university overall is how Penn State Abington not only encourages students in their academic pursuits, but also encourages them to get involved in their communities - whether it be on or off campus, within Penn State or the surrounding areas. This campus provides those who study and work there a true sense of belonging. Being successful in college is more than buildings, books and technology. Penn State Abington is a great college in and of itself because it balances the best of being a small college and big university all while encouraging camaraderie and academic excellence. It was special before because of this and even more special now.

Carson

I am absolutely in love with Penn State Abington so much so that I joined a club that specifically gives tours to future or potential students and even professors willing to come to teach here. Every student here is friendly and the professors are always willing to help out with classes.

Oahidun

Penn State Abington is very social and academic based. There are many activities, amenities for the students to partake in in the midst of all the stress of academics. In addition, the science and engineering department is vast in which many students from other schools transfer to this college. They do their best to create the most skilled and knowledgeable student.

Dev

I just applied at Penn State Abington

Keira

Penn State Abington is very small so you'll make friends easily and are least likely to get lost on campus. The campus visit was beautiful though. Very nature like setting and nice and friendly students. Once your'e here it's like you don't want to leave. Very decent experience.

clarinelsi

My overall opinion on Penn State is that it’s a good college. Penn State is known for helping many succeed and get amazing jobs. Everywhere you go you have to be careful, even if the college is safe and nothing ever happens, you just never know. Abington provides the community diversity and if your in this college you won’t have to worry about fitting in because everyone is the same as you.

My overall opinion of Penn State Abington is that it is great school. It is a good school for people to start out in. There is a great environment surround about Penn state Abington, it is a safe community. There is always someone willing to help whether it be school related or not.

Sarena

I love everything about this university, I can stay there forever if I could. Penn state is a very unique college that is very hands on and helpful with students and others in need. I would encourage many people to apply here because I believe penn state has a place for everyone.