Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Brandywine Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Brandywine

Christian

I think it is a great non-main campus school. Overall, it has a great chance to do and find what you want to do.

Joanna

I love Penn State Brandywine, we don’t make a big deal out of our campuses sports but many will go to main campus for the football games. THON (46 hour dance marathon for kids with cancer) is something everyone should experience. I made some of my best friends there and would highly recommend joining clubs to any incoming freshman!

Crystal

Penn State Brandywine is a great environment. When I went to visit the students there made me feel like I was welcomed and that I would have a wonderful time if I chose Brandywine. The admissions group aren't strangers to the students once they have been accepted in. They check on how your grades are and how your living arrangements are. At Penn State Brandywine they are about you.

Jasmine

My overall opinion of Pennsylvania State Brandywine is that it’s the best for students who just really want to get away , it’s not too crowded and noisy either. I can study and not worry about people acting a fool outside , we came here to learn and that’s exactly what takes place.

Meghan

Penn State Brandywine wasn't my first choice to attend, but I have grown to enjoy the small campus atmosphere more. Since the campus is smaller it is limited in some areas for social and on campus life. This year being the first year with on-campus housing, there is a notable difference. The school is also primarily freshman and sophomores because most spend two years and then transfer to another campus. This changing demographic makes it difficult for long lasting clubs to have a strong presence on campus.

Dana

Penn State Brandywine has it's own unique charm. It is in the position of being a small school with a large name. There might not be as many options as other campuses when it comes to student life, however Penn State school pride is prevalent. There are plenty of open doors if one is to search which makes this college the best of both worlds.

G

For the most part I did not enjoy my time there, unfortunately. Since the school is so small, all of the classmates are the same people in the majority of your classes- so you either like them or you don't. The professors are also the same if you are in your major, giving you a very limited option. If the professor in your field of study, can't teach or grades unreasonably? You're kind of screwed. Also as it is majorly a commuter campus, outside of classes the campus is pretty dry with little to do.

meghana

Although it is a small, intimate campus the size of a high school, Penn State Brandywine is an excellent place to start one's college career, especially if he/she is wary at the beginning of university. As an international student, I found it extremely convenient to assimilate myself into the student society as well as a new country and culture by joining this campus. Moreover, for a person who is very much interested in knowing about their community and the world around them, Penn State offers a wide variety of co-curricular activities as well as trips to different places all year round, something I partook in more than once! I would definitely recommend Penn State Brandywine to those who would like to have a cheerful and fun start to their university experience!

Tammy

I love the students and faculty on campus. I am able to walk around and see a familiar face anywhere I go. Even if I don't know someone, everyone is friendly and willing to get to know people. The students work hard and are very academic. We also enjoy the activities that campus has during common hour and the many clubs that are offered on campus including the ones that we can start on campus. The new buildings coming Fall 2017 will definitely be a great improvement to our campus and make the campus community much more new and exciting to explore. The admission and advisors are extremely helpful and friendly. They are resources you should use all the time.

Maria

My overall opinion of Pennsylvania State University- Penn State Brandywine is very good. I am an out of state student from New Mexico and since I've been living here I have felt so welcome. Our academics and culture are very strong. Our professors come from outstanding backgrounds, and our Penn State community and culture is deeply embedded and continues to carry on in every activity we pursue to do.

Jamie

The school is perfect for students who chose to do the 2&2 program or are interested in a small campus with mostly commuter students. The student housing on campus is new, and clean. Teacher are almost always available, and are willing to help the students that put in effort to their studies. Along with that, class sizes are normally small, creating great bonds between student and teacher.

Haley

It is a very beautiful school. The school is very new and they have renovated all the buildings. Dorms are brand new and have tons of room. All of the workers there are very nice and helpful. They have a very good softball team. They are a small school but have a lot to offer in many different ways. Class sizes are small so you can work one on one with professors and get as much help as need.