Erie, PA
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Erie-Behrend College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Erie-Behrend College

Joshua

Very quiet and generally shy but very smart and always polite.

Very quiet and generally shy but very smart and always polite.

Aside from a few minor tips like pack more food for college and start getting on a good sleep schedule, I would advise my past self to take some more initiative in the college searching process. The fact of the matter is that I ended up settling for a school rather than finding one that I loved and one that is the best fit for me. This is not to say that Penn State Behrend is a bad school, because it's not. The teachers are great and there is a strong sense of community among the students. However, it is not the best fit for me, and I now know of half a dozen other schools that I would love to be at instead. Now that I'm looking to transfer, I realize that this whole process could have been avoided had I made the effort during high school. So, the advice that I think high school Josh would most benefit from would be: take the initiative now so you'll be happier down the road.

The educational facility as a whocle is exceptional. Although it is a school heavily geared toward engineering, the classes and teachers geared toward other areas such as film studies, political science, and theater are also very high quality.

Summer

Penn State Behrend is a college filled with pride and dignity to excel as much as possible through education, atheltics, and community.

Stop and take it all in. Take in the memories of gym class, the classes with your best friends, school lunches, even though you complain about them now, one day you will miss them. Take in the memories of your last sports game you will ever play, or the last class you'll ever go to in your highschool career. But most importantly take in the memories of how much you have grown not only as a student, but a person. Highschool is a place that you grow, but college is the place where you truly find yourself. Transitioning from highschool to college is a scary time, but such an amazing one. The key thing to remember is this is your time to shine and to become the person you've always wanted to be. Become friends with people you wouldn't have in highschool, study as much as you can, but make mistakes too. And don't worry, you will stumble in your tranition into the new chapter of your life, but its just all apart of the ride, so enjoy it. We don't change, we just live, it's your decision on how its done.

Someone who shouldn's attend Penn State Behrend, The Erie College is someone who isn't looking for a challenge and an amazing opportunity to excel. This school gives not only an incredible education, but it prepares you for the real world as well. Coming straight from high school, it was a challenge, simply because you have to work harder than you ever worked if you want to be the best you can be. Penn State Behrend is all about pushing you to be the best, and if you're not looking for that, you're at the wrong place.

Randi

I wish I would have known how truly cold it can be. I am from Texas and I have not ever seen snow before, so coming to Erie, PA, was a huge change. I was definitely not prepared for the negative temperatures and the feet of snow that Erie gets, but I have adapted and I do enjoy the colder weather.

The worst thing about my school would have to be that there are only two places on campus to eat. I understand that it is a relativly small campus, but only a handful of places deliver so there is a lack of varierty of places to eat. Also, there is a limited amount of food one can make in the microwave, which does not help.

Max

My classmates thus far have been some of the best, most intelligent, well rounded people I have ever met, excluding of course those of a cantankerous, obnoxious disposition, and I have found, living in such close proximity with such people has led to many fantastic adventures.

In highschool, I wasn't the most social person. This isn't to say that I didn't have any friends, I had quite alot actually, but very few, maybe only one or two that I knew I could really depend on. College is different. I live with my friends. I eat with them. I spend as much time as I possibly can with them because I realize how unique and special they really are. My highschool self, however, would have been very skeptical because, as I stated earlier, I wasn't the most sociable person and expected to only have a few good friends in college rather than an expansive family. If I were to give advice to myself, I would say,"don't worry about friends, they'll find you. Focus instead on having fun and let what happens happen. You'll be in good hands with those who find you."

First and foremost, someone who atends Penn State Behrend cannot mind the cold. With the amount of snow we get, which does have its pros as well as its cons, it is important to keep a positive attitude (which is another important trait despite being true for life as a whole). Though some may see it as a lowly branch campus, I fell in love with the deep colors of the leaves in the fall and the winding forrest paths. A newcomer to BEhrend must be able to appreciate nature.

Cassandra

If I could talk to my past self from college I would tell her that college is a fun and exciting experience but also extremely scary. I would tell myself to not be afraid and that it is okay to talk to people and make friends. Friends will help you get far in life and you should try to make at least two or three through out your college years. They can help you with everyday life struggles and are good to have when they're in your major and you can all study together and become top students. Also, I would say go out and do more activities! College can be rough so having a good activity to help relieve stress is one of the best things you can do.

There is no one kind of person that shouldn't attend this school. I feel like everyone would fit in well at this institution.

The most frustrating thing about my school is trying to pay for tuition.

Max

The school is absolutely beautiful, and provides an effective learning environment for students in many different fields of study.

The big thing I would tell myself, is that college is demanding, and there is no room for late assignments and excuses. Studying and time management will become the college student's best friend.

The type of person who should attend this school is someone with drive, spirit and a good work ethic. Penn State is not a place for slackers. With its demanding majors and influential alumni association, Penn State is a university that has the opportunity to provide its students with a solid career future.

Shandna

Personally, it is a good place to obtain your education. It is a good place to find networks and mentors. It is terrible place to find friends.

If I were to go back, I would tell that younger version that you are fine just the way you are and the soon to you feel comfortable in your own skin the better you will be. I would tell her to not hard her heart against anyone because the older version strongly prefers her solitude and is not fond of company. I would tell her that her interest in biomedical will never die but to make your transition easier… pursue your AS in MLT before pursuing your BS. Volunteer early because you will surprised what and who you will give your heart out to. I will tell her that financially it does not get better, but remember to keep fighting and hold on to some of those disenchanted jobs because your time will come.

Financial aid constantly giving student the run around. Psychology counselors ignoring the issues some student presented. Student Affair faculty not addressing harassment and/or bullying.

Behrend is an amazing place to learn and make friends.

Behrend is an amazing place to learn and make friends.

If I could go back I would cherish my time at home with my family. Througout the latter part of my senior year and also the summer I was never home. I spent a lot of time with people that I thought were my friends and they really weren't. I barely spent anytime with my mom and dad. I regret this deeply because now that I am at school I find myself missing them a lot. I try to spend as much time with them now when I go home. But it is not the same because I missed out on a lot with them over that time period.

If you are a city person I do not reccommend this school. It is near the city but in order to get to Erie you have to take a bus or a cab.

kristhomas

If I could go back to my senior year, I would tell myself to apply myself a little more and to make the decision to start college sooner than when I finally did start. I would recommend that I transfer from an Army Reservist to that of Active Army status, which would have helped my discipline and realization of how important higher education is to progress in today’s job markets. Lastly, I would tell myself that the best route to take to complete the higher education would be to attend a community college, then transfer to a 4 year institution rather than attempt a 4 year from the start, and that private colleges such as university of phoenix are terribly expensive compared to junior colleges.

Yana

My classmates are friendly people. if you need anything they ready to help. They don't give you a chance to cheet.

Try to do your replacement test as best as possible. Fill as much scholarship as you can, don’t be lazy. Find your books before classes will start at bookfinder4u.com. Ask for some recommendation letters from your teachers. Make your resume. Find a job in a campus. Find some internship.

Resposible, active, be willing to study a lot, smart

Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Erie-Behrend College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.