Erie, PA
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Erie-Behrend College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Erie-Behrend College

My college experience has been a whirlwind of activities and life changing lessons. As a sophomore in college, I have learned more about myself personally than I ever thought I would. I have learned how to be a sociable person, a good friend, and most importantly I have learned what my values are. The students and staff are so helpful and friendly that I feel completely comfortable asking any questions that need to be asked and getting any help I may need. To me, it has been a valuable experience to attend college because of the friends I have made, the education I have received, and still put to use, and the lessons I have learned about life. There is no better way to learn about life than to live on campus and have to support yourself and all of your needs on your own. Its such a wonderful experience that I would highly reccommend to anyone thinking about on campus living.

The people who should attend this school should be career driven, sociable, and determined because Penn State is a very acedemically intense school that values the worth of its students and wants the best of the best.

I brag about how well known Penn State is and how good their science programs are. There are so many people who go or have gone to Penn State, that no matter where you go, your'e bound to run into someone who has gone or goes here.

I didn't consider any other school because I liked this school alot and it was close to home. But something you should know about Behrend is that there isn't alot to do on the weekends unless you have a vehicle. I do enjoy going here, but people who come from bigger cities tend to hate it.

If I could go back in time to my senior year and talk to myself, many things come to mind to discuss. But there are two suggestions that stand out. First, I would tell myself to not be afraid of getting involved. Getting connected within the community gave me a chance to meet new people with different views. I have learned about many different cultures from people who grew up in what seems like different worlds. I have turned into a whole new person since high school because of the people I have met. Another piece of advice that I would give myself would be to stay determined. I always used to find myself getting stressed out over the smallest things, but now I know that as a college student you have many opportunities to redeem yourself. As long as you know you are doing your best, thats all a student can do. Through the ups and downs of college it's easy to become discouraged. But if you remain focused on your goals, you will achieve them and more.

Close knit community. People work together and there are lot of people who are willing to help you.

Thuan

Penn State is best known for it's exceptional engineering and business program in Erie, PA. Professors told me that at least 90 percent of engineers who get a GPA above a 2.8 get jobs once they graduate.

As a high school senior, I didn't know much about college nor did I know what major to take. In a case where I can go back in time, I would change many things. First, I would have liked to know what major I really wanted to pursue. Second, I should have been more displicined. In example, having better study habits and an optimism to do good in school(it just hit me my junior year). Third, apply for scholarships so the college tuition can be less and finding a job won't be mandatory, but optional. Fourth, learn to love what you do no matter what others say, but make sure it is within the boundaries of a reasonable job market. Fifth, learn to be independant, such in a way that you won't always depend on friends to make things fun or fall into peer pressure and do things you usually don't do. Sixth, keep a good habit by having enough sleep, excercising, and eating healthy. Finally, just be yourself and make friends, which keeps the other six reasons in cycle. Always keep in mind, happiness everyday brings peace of mind.

Walking .25 miles from the parking lot to class everyday. Some rooms are too old and need to be refurnished with new chairs, carpet, and walls.

Joshua

My classmates at Penn State are funny, helpful, serious about learning, and some of them even appear to be considerably smarter than I am!

Penn State, Erie is unique to other schools I considered because of the size and location. I feel as if I am getting a quality education, getting to know my classmates, and at the same time, staying focused because everything is right on campus. PSU is located in a rural area and for a student living without a vehicle, I am glad I chose a school where there aren't many places I can walk to. It helps me to take advantage of all that the campus has to offer.

After careful consideration, I would have to admit to myself that listening to your parents is an integral part of preparing yourself for college life and leaving home. I would tell myself that it is normal to want to slack off as a senior, but to not do that! Keep studying. Keep learning. Keep working as hard as you can, because that first day in college is going to be an eye opener. No one cares if you don't show up for class. No one cares if you get behind. There's not a weight added to your college class. All those things I took for granted, just disappeared the second I stepped into that classroom. I would tell myself to enjoy those home cooked meals because the cafeteria food doesn't even come close to what I was used to eating. I woud remind myself that college comes with a very hefty price tag attached to it so enter every contest, every essay, and every scholarship opportunity that becomes available to you! College is a learning experience, but so is high school. Take advantage of it and appreciate it!

This school is a lot smaller than other schools I applied to. That allows for more student-professor interaction and is very helpful when a student is trying to fit in. Penn State Erie is also one of the best engineering schools in the country and the engineering school here has all of the new technology necessary for providing students with a quality education. Also Penn State Erie is undergoing many new renovations and new construction of buildings and labs for future students to use.

If I could go back and give myself advice for entering college I most certainly would. The transition from college to high school is overwhelming and I believe that sometimes, students in high school need to hear advice from students who are currently in college rather than adults. I would tell myself that the transition from living at home to living at school is indeed a big change, but it is not nearly as scary as everyone makes it out to be in their head. You learn more about yourself and your capabilities when you are living away from your parents or your traditional home life and it is a necessary change at this chapter of your life. The second thing I would tell myself is to not stress over the minor details. As long as you work hard and stay focused on your ultimate goals, everything will fall into place. I am in no way saying that it will be easy reaching your goals, but as long as you are willing to put in the time and effort to succeed, it will happen. How determined you are reflects your success.

The kind of person that should attend this school is one who enjoys a smaller collegiate setting. This school would be perfect for someone who is academically focused and excited to share close professional relationships with professors.

Courtney

I would have told myself to focus more on learning study skills and improving my GPA in high school. I was so worried about having fun my senior year, I think part of me thought I would never have fun again because I was leaving the people I grew up with. I also would have told myself there is a great big world out there and Selinsgrove high school is a small shell in the world. I would show myself all the different cultures and really cool people who are out there, and not to be nervous around them because they are different from me. I would also tell myself that even though I was really envoloved in high school and super busy, I should stay envoloved in college. There are people out there who need help, and rather than enjoy all the free time of sitting on facebook, it's really important to give back. Lastly, I would stress how key it is to learn balance and time management early in your college career. I could not have got through partying 6 days a week, and I know people who didn't. Classes are the most important thing, period.

I really do like pretty much everything about my school. For me personally it is the distance from home, because its about 4 hours away. I don't go home a lot because I really do like it here but when I do go home the drive is just really long. The other things I don't like about my school is the weather, we get a lot of snow. However, as said by many, the only thing you can do about the weather is talk about it. So its a small thing for a great school.

A person who likes smaller classes and is looking for professors to know them. I really wanted to be a large community like penn state, but chose Behrend so I could have a more person level with my professors. This campus is also good for someone who likes the outdoors and is always looking for something to do. There is presque isle beach in the summer, fall and spring, and lots and lots of snow to play in during the winter. This school is also a great stepping stone for those who would like to go to main campus.

Jackie

The Behrend Campus is becoming one of the most popular in the Penn State system.

I was told the new General Arts and Sciences degree would be perfect for a returning student such as myself. However, I found that I still have credits that are non-transferable.

College is attainable. There are so many ways to complete a college education. Do not be afraid to work 'menial' jobs to accomplish a goal. Life is too long to not get started on it now. As time goes on, more and more help is available in the form of scholarships and grants. You just need to keep you eyes and ears open and to apply as often as possible. The most important thing to remember is high school and the cliques and the personalities of the teachers is....this is not the real academic world. Take what you need and leave the rest behind. Do not foster a hatred for the entire educational system based on one small town representation of what the world has to offer. Find a true mentor and work hard.

I would tell myself to get into more clubs and take more ap classes. Being well-rounded is very important for college so being in many clubs helps with that. Also, I would tell myself to stay closer to home. Family being one of my most essential values makes it hard to be away from home. I try my best to make my family proud because I know I can be anything if I try. With the transition, to keep myself busy, I took 17.5 credits this semester and was accepted into the most prestigious club on campus, Lion Ambassadors. I feel that I did all I could to prepare for college, I just wish I would have filled out more scholarship applications like my mom said to because I hardly received any financial aid. College is expensive and the price goes up every year. I wish I would have listened to my mom.

Daniel

Making sure I had a better idea of what I wanted to major in. This would have made me dicide better where I wanted to go.

Snow Removal because there seems to be too few people to take care of the paths on campus. This causes hard conditions after a snow.

Joseph

Penn State Behrend seems best known for it's quality business program which is supported by the Black family. My goal is to get that quality Penn State education while attending smaller classes and taking advantage of more one on one with my teachers.

I'm discovering that I have an interest and strength in business law. If I could go back to high school I would take more classes that are relevant to this area. I feel like I was well prepared for college as far as math and writing, but I could have used more preparation in accounting, finance, economics. However, for a good portion of my senior year I thought I wanted to be a pharmacist ! Actually, I could have been more focused and prepared if I had thought about my strengths and not followed the advice of teachers who simply tried to push me into a career just to make money!

Most of the students at Penn State Behrend are commuters. They either travel from home or nearby apartments. This makes it difficult to meet people and make new friends. This also means that ther's very little on campus housing, so local landlords capitalize on this by charging higher rents.

Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Erie-Behrend College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.