Erie, PA
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Erie-Behrend College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Erie-Behrend College

It's not too big or too small. It's not in the city, but it's not in the middle of nowhere. It's in just the right place.

The advice I would have given myself is to get involved as soon as possible in campus activities and organizations, because it is a great way to meet people and to really be a part of campus. I would also tell myself to learn how to manage my time as a senior in high school, because it is tough to adjust to college life and to also learn time management skills.

The education the students receive. The classes are not too big, you get to have one-on-one time with your professor, and the professors really know their information and you really learn a lot.

Marc

Since I am in engineering most of my classmates are mathmatically based and we all seem to get along well.

I would say go for and do not even think about not going to college. The past two years have been the best years of my life, I've met a bunch of new people who are all really close friends of mine now. High school seemed liked a joke compared to college and i am very glad that I came here.

I do not really brag about my school too much, I tell most people that the snow is insane and that the school is a pretty good place to be.

Justin

I would say to try harder freshman year and do a better job of managing my time between work and class

That most classes are only around 20 people and the teachers know everyones name in the class

Parking is by far the most frustrating thing here. Parking permits are extremely over priced and parking is not convenient at all

Gwendolyn

I would advice myself to appreciate what I had. I would remind myself about how my parents pay the bills and stock the fridge. I would also reassure myself to be open with new people and just go out there and meet as many people as I can. College is its own unique world and it only happens once, and it goes soaring by. Even while you're in college you know that it's going fast. But there's no way to stop it. I would remind myself that tests and things aren't all that life is about, that life is finding beauty in the small things. And to find these small things we need to experience as many different things as possible. Also that you need to love yourself in order to help others and to succeed. People lose sight of what's important, and I would tell myself, that college is when I need to hold tight to who I am so that way my future involves the person I want to be and not who the world influenced me to become.

They are unique and unafraid to be who they really are.

Trying to balance all of the school work, social life and extra curriculars.

Mark

Hello Mark, I would like to tell you about life in college. Life in college is not what you might think it is. It is nothing like the movies show, where people are drinking and partying every day. However, it both relaxing and stressful at times. Work may pile up on you at times but if you do your work ahead of time and get help from the professors at their offices the work load will be much lighter. Furthermore, there are times when there seems to be no work and nothing to do. However, you can always run down to the gym and/or just go for walk down into the gorge behind your dorm. This will not only keep you in shape but it is also a great way to reduce stress. There are also things you can do while still in high school and before you leave for college. For example, take as many advanced placement classes in high school. This will help you adjust to college life by making some classes easier. Another thing you will want to do before you leave is meet with all your high school friends and say your goodbyes. Sincerely, Mark

In my school their are multiple groups and races. Therefore, I believe my school could accomedate everyone and no one should not come. There are many groups where people can gather and talk.

One of the most frustrating things about my school is the amount of work that I recieve for a couple classes. The class with the most work was physics. The reason for this is because of the way the class is set up. It is not like other classes that have a lecture included in it. The physics class itself is where the students teach themselves the work. However, the teacher does help once the time for is class is over in their office meetings.

It's engineering programs.

It's engineering programs.

Don't freak out about it. You never know what you're going to enjoy and what you aren't so go in with a positive attitude, and be willing to accept a bit of change. Don't forget to get involved! Joining intramural sports teams, fraternities and sororities, clubs, and whatever activites may arise are the best ways to meet people. Network the heck out of eveything you can and I promise you will come away with so much more than anyone who choses not to.

Any kind of person will find some acceptance here. If you're lazy though don't expect to do so well.

I would say make sure you find something that makes you feel comfortable. First impressions of the school should be looked past. When I first toured the college I just graduated from I didn't like it very much. To find out I LOVED my education and experience at the college. I would also look at the housing. Lots of colleges are up-grading their dorms and apartments. Find a place that gives you some privacy. Just because you want to "college experince" doesn't mean you much live in a shoe box with two bed, desks, and dressers. Once again find a place that makes you feel comfortable. Another thing is figure out how you might pay for all the expenses before going. Trying to get a loan last minute is anything but easy. Save up any little bit before you start. Lastly, enjoy college but also focus on the reason your their...to learn and get ahead in life. Going out partying every night will get you no where. Hang out with friends and find ones that will be there through the good and the bad, not just the ones that you can party with.

how hard the nursing program was going to be.

-Live on campus first year. -Get involved with club, organization, or sport first year -Make friends with your professors

-Emphasize job placement! -Transparency about housing! -Live on campus first year! -Get involved with club, organization, or sport first year! -Get to know your faculty and staff!

Extremely friendly but need to be more culturally experienced and not narrow-minded.

College is a time where all the possibilities are open to you. You make or break yourself. No one is going to tell you to do anything. You have to make sure you are quite disciplined from the start. Never give up! It is also extremely important to be open - not only to people of different cultures or ethnicity, but also to people in general. Never be narrow-minded. But always stick to your values. Don't ever do drugs or binge drink - they seriously ruin your life and it's a waste of money and time. Choose your friends wisely and don't be afraid to stick up for yourself. No one judges you in college. You are free to be yourself; but remember your values. Don't be afraid to ask for help. Someone will always be ready to listen. Being smart is cool. It's very important to get involved straight away on campus during your freshman year. It helps so much in adjusting and making friends and connections and getting awards. I won so many. And I have so much pride in my college. I've had the best time!

It's a relatively small campus but the people are warm and friendly and very helpful. It offers the opportunities of a big college. I have made tons of connections through my professors and staff and friends. I feel like i'm not just a number. It's very easy to reach your goals - they always try to help you out. I've learnt so much during my four years here and I am so thankful to everyone.

Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Erie-Behrend College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.