Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Erie-Behrend College

« See more reviews of Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Erie-Behrend College

I'm not sure I could say which are the most popular student groups because there are so many. Sports are a big interest, but they wouldn't make up the majority. Many people choose to go Greek, but frats/sororities would only make up less than a quarter of the student body. Many of the student clubs are involved in THON, the dance marathon supporting the Hershey Medical Center's Pediatric Cancer research and Four Diamonds Fund. Last year, there were over 1,000 dancers from hundreds of student groups and branch campuses, and they all worked together in raising over $9.5 million towards the Four Diamonds Fund, supporting families of children with pediatric cancer. Students in dorms are very friendly and the dorms are a great place to make friends. Drinking and partying is popular, just as at almost every other college in the US, but its not the only thing students do on weekends. There are several options for students who don't want to drink and the University does a great job of promoting the alternatives and providing things people would actually want to take part in. Every month there is a guest speaker provided by the university and several student organizations get speakers and put on events as well. There is always something unique to do any given night of the week.