Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Erie-Behrend College

« See more reviews of Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Erie-Behrend College

If I could go back I would cherish my time at home with my family. Througout the latter part of my senior year and also the summer I was never home. I spent a lot of time with people that I thought were my friends and they really weren't. I barely spent anytime with my mom and dad. I regret this deeply because now that I am at school I find myself missing them a lot. I try to spend as much time with them now when I go home. But it is not the same because I missed out on a lot with them over that time period.

The best advice I can give to someone about finding the right college is that you have to trust yourself to know what you want. Don't listen to others or make decisions based on friends and family's opinions. To make the most of your college experience have no regrets. Talk to people you wouldn't normally talk to. Become involved in school activities and make friends in a variety of different groups as to always have the opportunity to be invited and involved in different commitments.

Don't freak out about it. You never know what you're going to enjoy and what you aren't so go in with a positive attitude, and be willing to accept a bit of change. Don't forget to get involved! Joining intramural sports teams, fraternities and sororities, clubs, and whatever activites may arise are the best ways to meet people. Network the heck out of eveything you can and I promise you will come away with so much more than anyone who choses not to.

I would say that the best advice for finding the right college would be for the students to look for a college that best fits their personality. A small campus with small class sizes is perfect for the shy person, while a bigger campus might attract a person that is extremely outgoing. And to make the most out of the college experience, a student will have to make new friends, and find the right balance between social life and school work.

Find a college that best suits you. Not only does the college have to suit you, but check out the area surronding the college. Make sure there is enough to keep you entertained and that you are able to handle it. Then always check out the off campus housing, just incase you dont make it in the on campus house, its nice to know there is another option and its a good option as well.

Don't be too hard on yourself. When times get tough, you can ask for help through the tutoring department and they will help you stay on track. Stay focused, keep studying and have fun on the weekends. You will meet alot of nice people and you will really enjoy college. Remember to work as hard as you can and call home once in a while to keep grounded with the family.

The advice I would have given myself is to get involved as soon as possible in campus activities and organizations, because it is a great way to meet people and to really be a part of campus. I would also tell myself to learn how to manage my time as a senior in high school, because it is tough to adjust to college life and to also learn time management skills.

Well, college is an expesive advestment and making the right choice is hard, but is kind of like trying on a pair of shoes before buy them; one trys several pairs before finding one that you are happy with do the same with college. Do not just go to one because it is close to home or is offering a certain thing but find one you are really happy with.

I would say go for and do not even think about not going to college. The past two years have been the best years of my life, I've met a bunch of new people who are all really close friends of mine now. High school seemed liked a joke compared to college and i am very glad that I came here.

Try to do your replacement test as best as possible. Fill as much scholarship as you can, don’t be lazy. Find your books before classes will start at bookfinder4u.com. Ask for some recommendation letters from your teachers. Make your resume. Find a job in a campus. Find some internship.