Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Erie-Behrend College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Erie-Behrend College

Dakota

I find Penn State Behrend to be a satisfactory school that cares about its student's education. They work hard to offer good programs and the tools you need to succeed. Penn State Behrend wants its students to get a great education and experience why attending.

Compared to the surrounding colleges, Penn State Behrend is great! The professor to student ratio is great and they are always willing to help when needed. The resources at Penn State are also fantastic! There is free printing and 24 hour computer labs for all students to use!

Marquis

Penn State Erie, the Behrend College is a nice sized school with very committed professors and staffers. Although the food can use an upgrade, The education quality meats expectations with high-quality courses and small class sizes which allows you to get to know your professors on a closer level.

Natalie

I think that Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Erie-Behrend College is an amazing place to attend college, especially if you are pursuing a degree in engineering. The professors are amazing to work with and are always ready to assist. I definitely recommend this college to anyone!

Penn State Behrend has a highly qualified faculty that is willing to help a student succeed by pushing them to work for what they desire. Students are given the opportunity to pursue their higher education while working on campus if they so choose. The campus provides an equal opportunity to all students in an effort to provide the highest quality education to be carried throughout future endeavors. If I had the option to redo college, I would choose Penn State Behrend in a heart beat.

luke

The campus is pretty small and you see a lot of the same people often. This has both pros and cons, but it allows people to build relationships quickly. The weather in Erie is not pleasant but if you can over that I would highly recommend Penn State Behrend.

Olohigie

I think it's a great school there are lots of option academic wise and you can dual major here, which is something you can do at main campus. The majority of people here if not everyone are very politically aware, which is awesome, the professors and advisors are insightful and more than qualified for their positions, my int'l relations professor was literally offer the position of secretary of international affairs in Turkey, but he had to turn it down because it was in the middle of the semester. It's just a really nice school, you can't really go wrong if you choose Behrend.

Phil

This school has it all. Big time resources of a Major D1 and R1 University, but nestled in a small town by the lake, you can enjoy the big city opportunities and life while being minutes away from the mountains, the lake, the woods, or the beach! The chance to know and meet recruiters or corporations from three major cities (Buffalo, Cleveland, and Pittsburgh) is right in front of your face as all three are within a 100 mile radius of Erie. This school is about big time opportunities with a small community feel.

Abigail

Pennsylvania State University- Penn State Erie- Behrend College is an overall great school. This school has a very welcoming environment that is very safe. I love the student involvement on campus, there is always an event being hosted by one organization or another. This campus values education, but also recognizes the importance of being well rounded and recognizes the importance of internships and students finding time to be hands on in their field while learning their craft.

Kyra

It is just like attending high school all over, a lot of people from the Erie area attend this school. Everything is off campus and at least a 10 min drive if you want to go out for any reason. Dorms are good depending what hall you are put in. There's not a ton to do on campus or around campus.

I like Penn State Behrend overall. My biggest complaints would be the cold weather and crappy food. There is sometimes good food, but usually not very much. My dorm room is pretty nice. I stay in Ohio Hall, which is an honors dorm. My roommate and I share a bathroom with our other two suitemates.

It is very nice if you love small schools and the professors are very active. They are always available to help. The greek life scene is very small, only about 2% of students are involved. The activities the clubs put on are the same every year, no variation. Class sizes are great! Especially if you're already in your major specific ones and the size is small. No more than 25 people.

Attending Penn State Erie for the past three years have been everything I had imagined college to be. With all of the activities and clubs available to students, it's hard to not find something to do. The small community comprised of about 4,500 students make it easy to make friends that you see from day-to-day. Would love to see my future children attend!

Allison

This campus is in a convenient location to anything you may need while offering a rural environment. It has all the necessary amenities and more, the trails to the gorge are a favorite, and the services on campus are more than satisfactory. The professors are very nurturing and make themselves available outside of their required office hours to assist those who out forth the effort. Aside from seminars, the class sizes are small enough to have an on-going dialogue with the professors and really actively learn the material. I have really enjoyed this campus so far and the only complaint I could have would be in regards to the amount of commuter parking, with lake effect anything, I dread the walk to the Burke business building.

Nicholas

I am very impressed by Penn State Behrend's campus and staff. There is always opportunities to success through extracurricular, and academic, activities. I transferred from Edinboro University to Behrend and I definitely fell like my education is blossoming far more here than at Edinboro. The professors actually care about the students and will go out of their way to help, even if it is on the weekends! Overall, I love this campus and I'm happy to be a part of the Penn State Community.

Garret

Over all I really enjoy being a student here. All of the academics are great with passionate teachers that you can talk one on one if you need. There are clubs and intramural teams ad well as plenty of other activities for everyone. the only thing that I wish was that it was bigger but many people lover the size and feel of the campus.

Amara

It's a pretty small campus, but feels much larger due to the hills. You have a great view on the walk from AMIC of the rest of campus and Lake Erie on a clear day. Classes are on the smaller side, and the science building is unlocked to everyone on the weekends if you ever need to take a classroom to study or watch movies on without Res Life bothering you.

AnaBella

Penn State Behrend is a nice campus. The people are kind, most of the staff is warm (sometimes you'll get someone who seems miserable but that's just life), the environment is beautiful. That is the one think I ink stands out. Penn State Behrend is located in this beautiful setting of nature. There are beautiful grassy areas to study on during warm, spring and summer days, there is the Wintergreen Gorge which is breathtakingly beautiful and peaceful, and there is nature everywhere. It's relaxing. What I do hate is the smoking. People smoke cigarettes and vape everywhere and I am strongly supportive of that being changed. I do not appreciate walking into a puff of cigarette smoke. It's disgusting. In terms of the professors, 85% of the ones I have had so far are absolutely spectacular. Unlike what they told me in high school, the professors DO care about you as a student as long as you show them respect and show that you care too. Of course, there are the sour ones that you will have every once in a while but it isn't too bad. One thing I love about campus is the after class activities. They always have a movie playing at night or some kind of fun Friday night event that makes everyone excited for the start to the weekend. So, all in all, it's a nice campus. There are just some things they need to tweak.

Jordan

Overall, I feel the university offers a wide variety of academic, athletic, and extra curricular activities. The campus life is a good blend of fun and safety. The housing is well maintained, comfortable, and safe. The student to teacher ratio is great and professors are always available.

Nicholas

Penn State Behrend is a phenomenal business school that really has the students in mind and helps them get ahead now to ensure a secure future. They are AACSB accredited, offering a multitude of test preparation courses for licensing exams required to advance in a professional career. Professors are hands-on and want to see their students succeed. I would highly recommend this business program to anyone interested.

Christian

Penn State University is a wonderful environment to grow in. The school is amazing with outstanding people and the environment itself of Pennsylvania is breath taking. Penn states academic environments promote growth and equality. The professors coach their students thoroughly and make it easy it get assignments in

Daniel

I believe that the college is very high quality school and I will gain a very respective and proper education while attending. There are plenty of extra curricular activities to do at the school and nearly 100 clubs. The facilities are very modernized and just gorgeous. I would recommend to anyone who seeks an applicable degree.

Cassandra

I love it, the professors are always willing to help and I feel like it's a home away from home!

Ariel

I absolutely love the campus and academics at Penn State Behrend. I can't picture myself anywhere else! It's home. There are plenty of opportunities to be involved on campus, including Greek Life, Clubs/Organizations, and job opportunities. All the buildings provide a great work environment! I love Penn State. We Are Penn State!

Jeremy

As a freshman, my first impression of college here is very good overall. It really seems like the faculty want you to succeed, and they are willing to help a student as much as they can. Life on campus is a lot of fun. There are plenty of clubs to go to and the free bus system can take you anywhere in Erie you would want to go.

Alexis

this is a great school with lots to do. make sure you are involved and stay active on campus whether you live on campus or off campus. the food is basic college food but there are tons of places nearby to go and get great food. greek life is not super important but they are definitely a big voice on campus.

Lisa

Great school with exceptional professors whom care about you as an individual not just a pay check. They offer a wide range of activities for you to get involved in whether you are student right after high school or a returning adult learner. Everyone makes you feel welcome no matter who you are.

tim

A few Rude professors and there is a strong bias in the campus that carries over to grades. Also a few "over the top" prof. I had quite a few close friends and family members pass while here and it was a sin to miss school to bury them. While I did get to makeup, my grades heavily suffered. That being said there is some really amazing prof. here which is why I gave it 2/5

Jerica

When I first set foot on the campus I knew that Penn State Behrend felt like a second home. The campus had a small student population, but everything is spread out giving it the illusion of a larger college. This college has everything I could ever ask for. The class sizes are small and I will feel more open to participating in extracurricular activities. Also, the teachers and staff are extremely friendly and open to helping me out at any time.

Austin

I could not be happier with my decision to come to Penn State Behrend. I transferred from a community college in Southern Californina and was looking for a new experience. If someone is like me and had little experience with snow, then Erie is the place! Everyone is friendly and the small class sizes mean you can get one on one attention from your professors. Not to mention the Penn State degree can not be beat!

Adam

Penn State Behrend is a great place and environment for students. We are highly looked at for our engineering programs, and are even ranked higher than some ivy league schools in that category. Also no one knows this but there are only 4 accredited universities in the country that have the Plastics Engineering Technology major, and Penn State Behrend has the largest lab and support system of any other school in that area. Do not overlook this campus because it is a side campus. We are known as the engineering half of Penn State, and students that stay here either stay because their major is special here, or because they love the environment the university has to offer.