Hazleton, PA
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Hazleton

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Hazleton

Nadia

it is small but affordable. easy to keep grades up. ...

it is small but affordable. easy to keep grades up.

Elle

After studying for one academic year at Hazleton, I can honestly say that Hazleton was not for me. It is a very small campus, therefore you see the same things each day and there is scarcely anything to do. If you are from a city like Philadelphia or NYC, Hazleton may not be the ideal branch campus for you, although you could take a fifteen dollar van to these metropolitan areas. The surrounding area of Penn State Hazleton is indeed, very plain. If you want something to do, be sure to have a car for transportation. On campus clubs also are available to participate in at Hazleton. Being able to get involved will lessen the feeling of boredom or inactivity. As for the academia, challenging courses are available and instructed by really good intellectual thinkers here. That being said, Hazleton is a great campus when focusing on solely on academics. The professors are always willing to assist students in any challenges or difficulties, as long as the students are willing to put in the effort.

Tatiana

It is a beautiful campus and the professors and administration cares but there is nothing to do and campus is too small to have multiple clubs here. There is a small amount of things to do and there is no transportation on weekends. Overall it is okay.

taylor

I think we've all had a time in our life where we've said to ourselves, "If only I would've known that before." For me it's no different. Transitioning into college has been one of the hardest and most stressful things I've ever had to do. Tons of decisions that essentially make or break you. Taylor, next year the only thing you're gonna want to do, is move out, go to a big university, join a sorority and be a happy college kid. The only way to do that is to work your butt off now, get good grades and apply for as many grants and scholarships as you possibly can. It'll be worth it to put in the extra effort. If I would've been able to tell myself that when I was a high school senior, I probably wouldnt even be writing this right now! A girl can dream, right?

The payment plan. I wasnt approved for any loans. So i have to pay out of pocket, its frustrating that my school doesnt really work with me to be able to pay my tuition.

Shanice

They are usually quite interesting.

They are usually quite interesting.

If I could go back in time and talk to my high school self, I would tell her that choosing a school based on what your friends have decided is not the way to go. It is really important that you look more into the financial aspects of going to college rather than just the social aspects. The difficulty you will have to face because of the high tuition bills will quickly make you realize that being scared to start over in a new place all by yourself is not as bad as watching your parents struggle to put you through school at a college you're not even 100% in love with. Be your own person and learn to make decisions because you know it's the right thing to do and not because it is the easy thing to do. You will make friends no matter what school you go to. Just, be smart! This is one decision you will have to live with forever. P.S. High school does not prepare you for college; but with that being said, always push forward and stay focused and I promise you can get through anything.

That it was so small and everyone knew everyone's business.

Matthew

Penn State Hazleton is a really helpful and a really informational school.

Penn State Hazleton is a really helpful and a really informational school.

My school is best known for its wonderful engineering program for four year students. Being the highet elevated Penn State Campus , the Penn State Hazleton Campus has really exellent advisors and wonderful instructors that will help you and guide you through your college life. There are many great courses that you can take for your major or your minor. Penn State Hazleton has a small attendance which makes life easier. With the smaller attendance, you will have one one one help with any insructor of your choice.

I would go back in time and tell my high school self so many things about collge. I would tell my high school self to be yourself. College is a totally different world from high school. I would tell my high school self that the transition from high school to college will not be easy at all! It will take time and it will take patience. Once you go through the transition, everything gets easier. One other thing that I advise doing is talking to your professors. Your professors will be willing to help you every step of the way.

JamieLee

My school is small and easy to get around.

My school is small and easy to get around.

My classmates are easy to get along with.

I would definitely tell myself to know what I want before hand (major,classes), do more research and to always know where I stand in college.

I would tell myself and preach to myself that I could do better. I am smarter than what I appear to be. I would push myself to do better and get my GPA up into the 3.8-4.0 range. I didn't push myself as hard as I should have. I would apply for as many scholarships through out high school rather than just assuming that I would/ could get scholarships with no problem. I'd make better grades on everything, and study for test. I would try to get a greater ACT score than what I didn't push myself for before.

Tabetha

I would advise myself to be more open to people and experiences. College truly is an exciting time and I wish I had taken more advantage of what it has to offer. Get to know people, even if they aren't like your friends from home, because you just never know who you'll connect with. Join anything that sounds remotely fun, because the worst thing that could happen is finding out it's just not for you and then not going to another meeting. There's absolutely no harm in that. My main advice is to pick a school that works the best with your personality. Give yourself time to adjust to the change of college with an open mind and greet people with an open heart.

The professors are really down to earth and know how to get across what they want you to know. The student community seems to be very close knit and extremely friendly. Even the lunch ladies make you feel welcome. The classes are designed to better prepare you for college during your first two years of college, which was extremely helpful to me. There are often activities on campus and going to any Penn State campus allows access to all Penn State events.

If you are really dependent on financial aid as a way to fund your education, Penn State simply isn't for you. The administration believes that the cost of tuition is low enough and there are very few sources of aid directly from the school. It's even worse if you are an out of state student because the tuition is more expensive in that case.

Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Hazleton administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.