New Kensington, PA
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State New Kensington

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pennsylvania State University-Penn State New Kensington

Ahsanti

Overall this campus is very laid back and fun to be at. The events that are held at the school are always fun and entertaining. The professors are always encouraging student to talk to them. The advice the professors give are really helpful. The class size is pretty decent so if you have questions the professor can easily help you. Although I feel there should be more clubs available, it is easy to start your own club and get to know people. The chancellor is very kind and likes to get to know the students individually. He always speaks to the students in the halls and ask how they are doing. If you like small classes and a small campus this is the place for you. Being involved in the events makes the college experience even better.

mariana

The school is wondeful academically and socially. However, there needs to be more diversity amongst students and faculty. also there need to be more resources for international students, because it is very minimal. I love the food and the events that occur on campus, I don't regret being involved at all. The best decision I've ever made.

I really enjoy Penn State New Kensington. I love the team spirt on campus even though we are just a branch campus. You cannot go anywhere without someone yelling We Are. If you go to Penn State New Kensington you call it Penn Kenn anyone else looks at you like you are crazy. It is like a secret code everyone is using.

Moriah

My overall opinion about Penn State New Kensington is not like every other school. The school is there to help students, who want to be there, learn and not simply take our money. Unlike the high school I previously attended, I never feel awkward when I'm lost or need help with something because there is always someone to answer my questions. Whether it is a student or faculty member, everyone is friendly and helpful. Overall, the campus is a little small, but it's safe, clean, and well organized. The faculty is always incredibly helpful and are there for more than just collecting their paychecks. The professors all seem to be willing to drop everything they are doing to help students if they are struggling. I feel as if I have learned more at Penn State New Kensington in one semester than I did in my four years of high school. My high school was almost harder than Penn State New Kensington because their grading scale was harder, and I felt like I was having the life sucked out of me. My high school expected too much from their students, but Penn State New Kensington encourages its students without overloading them. If something is going on that an individual is having trouble with their assignments, the faculty is willing to help those individuals in every way they can. Not only does Penn State New Kensington emphasize the importance of education, but it encourages the students to get involved in school activities. They have everything from clubs to join and activities that go on each week. Everyone that I have ever encountered at school is proud to say they attend school there. I couldn't be any happier with the education that I am receiving from Penn State New Kensington, and I would recommend it to anyone to attend.

Liam

Penn State New Kensington offers a variety of pros and cons. Many of the students who come here do a Penn State University 2+2 plan. The 2+2 plan simply means that you will spend your first two years at a commonwealth campus completing your general classes and then transfer through the university to the main campus for your last two years. By going to Penn State New Kensington you will most likely do the 2+2 plan, unless your major is one of the five that can be completed at this commonwealth campus. Starting with the pros, studies have shown that students who do the 2+2 plan are more likely to have a higher GPA. This is because PSNK has smaller class sizes that rarely go above twenty students in a class compared to the massive freshman lectures at the main campus with hundreds of students in a class. The small class size at PSNK allows you to interact with your professors and have an overall better learning experience. The quality of professors overall is amazing and will surprise you, PSNK has incredibly intelligent and inspiring professors. They are easy to schedule appointments with and are always there to help you. The general staff at PSNK is always one email away and willing to help you with any problem you might be having. There are certainly many positive things at PSNK, however there are a few possible downsides as well. Penn State New Kensington's location feels like the middle of nowhere, it is surrounded by countryside in every direction for miles. This could be positive if you are a country person but if you need the constant cultural life of a city or town then this would be a downside. Also on the flip side of the small class sizes is the fact that the student population is miniscule and sticks around 300-400 students in total. This makes it harder to get involved because there is less than a dozen clubs to choose from. One last minor con is the lack of variety in the cafeteria, if you are a picky eater then this could be an issue. Overall Penn State New Kensington is well worth its price and will put you on the path to enlightenment.

Colin

Being part of the Penn State sisterhood. The efforts of THON for the kids is pretty renowned.

It is one of a few schools in the region that offer an associates in radiological sciences.

I would remind myself that a college professor's paycheck is not contingent upon their students grades, so the success of the student is totally dependent on the student. I would also tell myself that being involved with campus activities is a good thing, and I should participate in all the school activities that I can. The last thing I would tell myself is that every person you meet in college can help you, whether you know it or not. The sooner you start developing a network of contacts and knowledgeable resources the better.

Kaylie

My classmates are very helpful, energetic, and they are proud of their education.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the advice that I would give is to live life to the fullest while in college. I would say this because while a student is getting their education, there are many oppurtunites out there that can make a difference. For example, if a student does a study abroad program for their major, the student will have a very good resume when they graduate, will be fluent in another language, and will learn about another culture. Any oppurtunity that comes across, I would say, "Go for it!"

The one thing that I would consider for my school is more activites. This school needs a little bit more activities because since the school is located in a rural area, there is nothing else out here for students to do. Otherwise, the school is perfect for any student that wants to go to a smaller school.

Pennsylvania State University-Penn State New Kensington administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.