Pennsylvania State University-Penn State Schuylkill Top Questions

Nia

The wirst thing about my school is the area it is located in. If you are from a big city this campus is not the right fit for you. Yes it is the world renouned Penn State but don't just select this campus for the name because you may regret it and end up wanting to transfer from the school all together. the campus is in the middle of farmland and not surronded by much except a gas station an some wal marts 3/4 miles away. Not really much to do leaving you bored and dreading every minute.

The location, theres no activities in the area like shopping malls.

The only thing that I don't like about this school is the fact that I'm a commuter who commutes about an hour to and from school each day. I just wish when I make my schedule it would be a little more flexible so I don't have to run back and forth from home to school each and every weekday.

Juan

I think the worst thing about my school is the fact that the black community isn't really represented to its fullest compacity. We shouldn't have to go to an all black school just to have a heritage experience. i promote culture but sometimes I feel as if my culture doesn't get its fare share of promotion

Susan

Even thought Penn State Schuylkill is a small campus, students are constantly on campus ground to use their facility for studying or socializing. There isn't enough lodge area around campus to support the growing Penn State Schuykill student population.

There is nothing to do here

the worst thing is that i don't have many frieds

It's a satelite campus which is over two hours away from the main campus. Also it's too small.

The worst thing about my school is its location. The school itself offers a great education, but there's little in the area for students to occupy their free time.

I would consider the location of the school to be the worst thing. Schuylkil Haven is in a Remote area, where there is not much to do, especially on the weekends.

I will have to say the worst thing about my school is the lack of size. The campus is really small.

I think the worst thing about Penn State Schuylkill is how the bookstore buys books back from the students for half the price they bought them for, and then sells them to the next student for the original cost the first student paid. This is wrong because alot of students attending college are not financially well off, and are going to college so they can be. If books are in good condition when being sold, students should receive money accordingly. More people would attend college if buying books wasn't such an unrefundable expense.

I feel the worst issue would be that there are few general education courses offer in the evening. I work a full-time job, am a single parent, and take 12 credits per semester. I founf it hard to register for classes I need because they are only offered during the day at which time I am at work.

Lauryn

The financial aid office is not very helpful. This does not make me want to go and talk to them and it makes it harder to figure out financial aid.

Erick

nothing is wrong with my school

The worst thing about our school is the fact that it is really small. The choices of things to do that are fun for a college student are limited. It is easy to find a student here on campus who has an underage due to drnking because that is what most students resort to as fun. We need more activites in order to keep repectable college students out of trouble.

The worst thing would have to be the relationship between some of the faculty. There are some faculty members that aren't really friendly especially in the finacial aid office. If you don't understand what you need to do to fix your finacial aid the faculty isn't really helpful when you come back more than once.

Donivan

i was never enthralled with the idea of attending a commuter school, however it hasnt turned out that bad. Perhaps the most, i wouldnt say worse, but instead annoying, thing about our campus is the mile or so walk to and from the train station. there is a shuttle however its not very reliable due to incompitent drivers. It also has a tendency to break down during the most inconvinient times. Recently, it was out of service for an entire week, and students were forced to walk to school in terrible rain and snow storms.

Laneesha

The worst part about my school is the cafe. The reason why is because there is not much food to choose from. I feel as though i eat the same food everyday.

Tyffany

I don't feel there is a worst part about Penn State Schuylkill.

The worst thing on my campus is probably the lack of student activities, there is not much offered for a student to do for fun.

I would consider the worst thing about my school is that there is nothing to do around the school and on the weekends if you cannot go home it is very boring

Dynasty

I would say that the worse thing about my school is the area it is located in. My school is a good school. The staff is friendly and open. The area on the other hand is really rual. Some of the people that live in the area are friendly, but others arent. Some are racist and some are generous. It isnt necessarily a bad thing because in order to succesful in the real world one has to learn how to adapt, and this is a good way of doing so.

Small. Although the campus has plenty of things happening, it would not be unwelcome to have a large scale campus to experience.

kelsey

the parking on campus..its fur away from the buildings

Susan

The campus is small, so there is little to do and the food choice is very dismal. There is also very little to do on- or off-campus, as there is no nearby entertainment.

The worst thing about my school is not witht he school itself but with the surrounding community. It is a very nice and quiet place, but there is not much for the students who come from out of state and do not have a vehicle to do off campus. A lot of these students seem to be bored during their free time.

ashley

not enough activities for students

Kiara

The town that it is in is not very socially enticing.