York, PA
Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York

Peyton

I think that Penn State York is a terrific school. The combined atmosphere of education and relaxation allows for students to feel at home and comfortable in our learning environment. I think having a smaller population of students allows students to get active help and participate in classes that encourages their knowledge of the subject.

Nikolai

Penn State York is a small campus with students knowing each other pretty well, it is a tightly knit community. The biggest class size I believe is about 50-80 students. Which is only for Gen Ed courses like Chem 110 and Bio 110 which are intro courses. The professors make an attempt to help you succeed since it is a smaller class size. Most class sizes are about 16-25 students with some classes having as little as 8 students in it. There are several sports that you can try out for on-campus such as Men's and Women's Basketball (Men's Basketball just won the 2019 PSUAC Championship), Baseball, Softball, Volleyball (Women's), Golf (not sure of), and they are attempting to start a Men's Lacrosse Team. If you are not athletic but excel at video games, they do have an E-Sports Team for many popular games such as Fortnite, Overwatch, CS GO, League of Legends, and other games that I have not mentioned. The food at Rosie's is quite delicious with many different food options at your fingertips. I think some of the food is a little pricey but their prices have come down this year due to having a new vendor on campus. They offer a meal of the day such as Taco Tuesdays, Fried Chicken Fridays, etc. for a very economical price. Most of the ingredients they get come fresh from local vendors. There are numerous clubs to get involved with on campus, Student Government Association, Game Club, and Biology Club just to name a few. They do not offer on-campus housing but there are apartments nearby that you can rent from. All within walking distance or if you do not feel like walking, you can get a discounted monthly Rabbit Transit Bus Pass from the Student Affairs Office to take you to and from school. The campus officers are very friendly and helpful in any way possible. The lieutenant, Officer Lehman is a wonderful guy who makes everyone feel safe on campus. Along with all the other officers as well, some will even shoot some hoops or play a round of table tennis with you when they have free time. If you have evening classes and don't feel safe walking to your car alone, you can call the security hotline and an officer will walk with you out to your vehicle. Overall, the campus is a beautiful small campus with a tightly knit community where students can get most of their credits out of the way before transferring up to the main campus. Penn State York does offer 4 year degrees to be completed at Penn State York. Altogether, I think it is a fantastic campus to be at, oh and did I mention that you are still getting a world renown education with a degree from PENN STATE. That speaks for itself.

Saba

Never in a million years did I think I would attend Penn State York, but I am happy to say it is one of the better things to happen in my life. My reason for attending this school was the 1+3 scholarship offered by Penn State University (PSU) that would only apply if I went to a Penn State branch campus for my first year of college. When I first arrived at this school, I was astounded by the amiability and compassion of not only the faculty, but the students as well. They were some of the most exuberant and caring people I have ever encountered, and as time went on I came to realize that their energy was contagious. Penn State University Park had been the only school in my mind so when I came to find out that a total of approximately 1100 students attended Penn State York, I was taken aback…little did I know that this was one of the school’s inconspicuous treasures. Due to the small population of students, I was able to have constant one-on-one time with my professors. I got to know them exceptionally well and they genuinely seemed to want to learn more about me. The interest they showed in each and every one of their students and the efforts they made to ensure our understanding of the subject was so refreshing that it made us want to learn. I would highly recommend this school to anyone interested in a valuable education, wonderful teachers and a positive atmosphere.

Sina

This campus is a great one for underclassmen because of its small size and close-knit community. You can form close relationships with faculty members and have lunch with your professors which something you can't experience as easily in other larger campuses.

Hieu

A great university for those who are interested in having a decent size class. In addition, students can find help anywhere and anytime. The university also gave students a chance of getting involve by hosting club rush at the beginning of each semester.

Devin

If I could go back in time and give my high school self advise I would say always take notes and review over them each night. Do not stress over everything because school will be overwhelming at times but keep pushing and you will get the results you want. Workout everyday because someone at your postion wants to take your spot and your not going to allow that to happen. Have fun because life isnt always about being sad and stressing over little things. The last thing I would say is that time will fly by in college so be prepared to work hard and look for scholarships because these loans are adding up quickly.

There is no meals or student housing. Which means we have to find away to pay rent for own apartments.

A person that is hard working and never quits.

Amy

If I had the opportunity to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would make sure to tell myself many things. The first thing would be to make sure you get involved with clubs. This helps create connections with the students in your class. It also helps you to have clubs on your resume. Being in clubs might help you come out of your shell and interact with more people. The next thing I would tell my past self would be to take chances and not be so self-conscious. I would tell you to step out of your comfort zone more often because you would surprise yourself. Everyone is worried too much about themselves to worry about you, so do what you want to make yourself happy. Another thing I would tell myself would be to look for scholarships sooner because they really do help with paying for college. The last piece of advice I would give my high school senior self would be to live with no regrets. I know my past self would take my advice into consideration while continuing her life.

I wish I would have known that it is harder to connect with people because it is a commuting campus.

A peron who wants a big campus with large class sizes shuold not come to Penn State York.

Caitlin

I did not consider other schools but Penn State York is very diverse compared to the schools located around it. We have a lot of fellow students from India and other foreign contries.

My college experience has been very enligthening for me. When I first started attending Penn State York, I was very unsure about what I wanted to major in. My advisors have all been extremely helpful in helping me to better understand what I want in life. I have chosen to major in Communications Arts and Sciences and I am minoring in Business. It amazes me how much my classes go together, though. I really enjoy the fact that I can relate material from one class to that of another. I think that the expertise of my professors and the joy that they have for teaching is such a great experience. The classes are small so they are more engaging for me. I have made so many great friends on campus and really great relationships with my professors. Penn State York is such a great school and I am proud to be going there.

I mostly brag about the availability of classes. It is fairly easy to sign up for the courses that you want and need for your major.

I would start off by telling me to not get too involved to where you do'nt have enough time to study. Also to talk to your professors about your absences so that they understand and know your situation. A lot of times when you talk to your professor they understand and they will give an extention on what your class is working on. Also that I need to make more time to study and be prepared for class. Take notes of what the professor is talking about in class because its most likely to be on a test or quiz. If you see the class is going to be hard then sign up for a tutor or start a study group.

The size of my school is one of the best things about my school. It is one of the best things about my school because the professors actually learn your name and they are willing to sit and help you go over anything you don't understand.

I tell my friends about the many activities that are here at Penn State York. There is always something to get involved in during your free time. There are so many clubs that are looking for new members. I have been a part of a few clubs here and one organization. I have been a part of the student government association, dance club, catwalk, and THON.

Pennsylvania State University-Penn State York administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.