Pensacola, FL
Pensacola State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pensacola State College

Brian

Pensacola State College is a fun and career focused college with great resource availability.

I would convince myself of the importance of having an education. That attending a college is easy a little hard work and study but the rewards are well worth the time and efforts put into it. Setting a great example for my future children is see the benifits and rewards for education. Education is the foundation for our futures without it we stand no chance of improving our world.

Career program courses are only available on limited campus's.

If I could go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to apply to the all of the universities I was interested in (USC, University of Puget Sound, and Nevada) and major in Accounting. I chose to attend a community college and never obtained my degree. I didn't realize the importance of getting my degree before all of life's obligations began accumulating. I wanted to go to a four year university but I didn't. I was anxious to move out on my own and begin working. I didn't understand how, at 18, it was the optimal time to attend school because I didn't have a house payment or bills or a family to support. As I have lived, I have found a love of accounting and business which is why I am back in school working to obtain my bachelor's degree in accounting. Looking back I should have taken the opportunity to obtain my degree and that is what I would tell myself. "Apply to a university and get your degree in accounting NOW. Don't wait. It will be much harder in 20 years."

I refuse to sum everyone I've met up in once sentence. It wouldn't do them justice.

Dear me - Wake. Up. When everyone starts talking about college in the fall, don't ignore them because it's not something you want to think about. College is serious, so put on your big girl panties and seriously think about it - don't just apply to one college because all of your friends are going there and you're scared to go somewhere alone. You won't be alone, you'll make new friends. As for college itself - deep breath. It's not actually as bad as it seems. Yes, you'll be confused at first, but you'll get it figured out. MEET WITH YOUR COUNCILOR. These people are here to help you, dummy. They can actually make things easier for you - you don't need to run around like a chicken with its neck cut off trying to figure out your class schedule. Ask questions, even if you don't know what to ask. Just ASK. This will save you tons of heartache in the future. Last but not least - don't wear that sweatshirt. You know the one I'm talking about. And chin up - you'll do fine.

My school is accessible. A good place to start out.

Elecia

I would tell myself to work really hard, and apply early. save your money and if you want to go a way to school look for apartments or doems ahead of time and not the last minute. think smart, and wrok ahead of the class,instead of waiting on the teacher. make the teacher catch up to you.

i wish i had known about their on campus scholorships, and that with certain courses you can pass with only particular majors

it's hard to get in with the advisors, you have to do more of the searching and finding out.

Tianqi

“A”s don’t mean a whole lot if you don’t learn or retain anything, the skill of synthesizing ideas and facts into a coherent theory or writing of my own… the ability to think beyond what’s in a textbook, and to see the connections of dry facts to the world around you… is much more important than a 4.0 average in the grand scheme of things. And, If you don’t take risks, you will never reach your full potential, and you also won’t have much fun. “A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.” Risk and hard work pay off, mostly, and if they don’t, you will have still learned from the experience, or at least have become a horrible example to others!

There are quite a few things that I like about my school, We don't really have a lot of facilities, and the students are heard out, and the administration is so easily accessible for any issue. Students can put forth any suggestion for improvement or any complaint, and the fact that it is taken seriously and acted upon.

Taishun

I feel that I prepared myself to succeed on the college level. Of course there are things that I could never prepare for. Considering I do not know much about the college level, I am looking forward to seeing what the college experience offers me in life.

I feel anyone who is seeking a great education should attend Pensacola State College, as it is referred to know. Pensacola State offers a great opportunity at a transcendent level of education than high school students are accustom to. Pensacola State is open to any race, as there are my diferent individuals from different races and cultures who attend PSC at the point in time. If you are looking to get a great start in life, education wise, Pensacola State College is a wonderful choice.

I do not brag about my school because every school is different. Though you may go to a school that is well known in the public eye there is some aspect that other schools may offer transcedent opportunities. NO school is perfect but I believe the diversity of the school I attend is beautiful.

gabrielle

I have gotten out of my college experiene is growth and majority for diverse ideas and people. They have helped me become more knowledgable on diverse topics.

I wish I knew more about the teachers before I had started going to school there.

I brag about the art facility for students. They have a very good art building that shows off the work of the previous students attending art classes and they help showcase and sell the work of the students.

Katherine

I have found that college is a whole different scene compared to high school. You must work hard and settle down once you are in college, otherwise you'll get passed up in a blink of an eye.

Crystal

Pensacola State College is the perfect place to start your college education because every program at that school wants you to be successful.

So far my college experience has benefited me in so many ways. It should be an experience everyone should go through so they can benefit from it and grow. I had a severe anxiety disorder when I started college. It was almost impossible to sit in my biology I class without freaking out. When I started in the art program at Pensacola State College my teachers came at me with a more relaxed approach. By talking with them and immersing myself in my art I have almost completely overcome my anxiety disorder. I could have gone to the doctor to get drugs to treat my anxiety, or seen a therapist every once in a while, but at Pensacola State College I have learned how to overcome anxiety and just relax! College is a great thing, and not only have I learned from it, but my own mental health and well-being have benefited. I now look forward to my future, meeting new people, and accelerating in life. I want to go on to do bigger and better things. I want to help change other's lives because college has changed mine.

The kind of person that shouldn't attend this school is someone who doesn't want to learn. It would be such a waste to others who want to learn to not get a spot in a certain class that they only teach once a semester.

Phillip

It has several different campus locations. This allows me to take classes that otherwise ii would have to take at a later time. It is also centrally located and is easily accessed.

I would tell myself to take education much more seriously. You will pay now or later. Better to study when your younger so it will be easier when your in college. Be serious. Everything you do affects your life . So make good choices and don't goof off in college because it can ruin you GPA and affect what you can major in.

The best thing about my school is the class size. The classes range from about 15- 40 people. I like this because it allows for more discussion time in class. Also, I can get to know my teachers and if I have questions they have time to answer them. I am more than just a number.

Pensacola State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.