Pensacola, FL
Pensacola State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pensacola State College

suzie

My school is monumental and filled with concerened teachers.

My school is monumental and filled with concerened teachers.

The students are well rounded and determined to work. We help each other out in class to solve a problem or fix our mistakes.

If i could go back in time I would tell my self alot of different things., number one I would have wanted to take school a little more seriously then what i did freshman year, I played around my freshman year and did things just to fit in, but all in reality none of that even matters, eduacation is what i should of had my mind to. I would have joined alot of more clubs and try to strive for the highest i could get. I would just say take school very seriously because the harder you work the better it comes out for you and making you achieve you goals and be where you want to be.

Kelsey

I would advise myself to think more seriously on the aspect of a career choice. I would tell myself to start exploring options that were of interest to me. I would also save my money wisely with the intentions of using it towards college. I would also teach myself to have better study habits because the ones you have in high school usually will not change in college.

The type of person that should attend this school is someone who is willing to further their education and make something of themself.

The most frusturating thing about my school is that some of the teachers feel as if they just qualified enough to teach. Most colleges that are community have these types of teachers, but four year universities have higher quality teachers. Also, our school is rated the 2nd school with the most dual-enrolled students. Since we have this, we have teachers that have to teach down at their level, making it more frusturating for those of us who have graduated high school.

Onya

Pensacola Junior College has small class sizes that allow maximum assistance from the very dedicated and talented instructors.

Mistakes bring wisdom, and there is only one thing I would relay to myself as a high school senior: FOCUS. I graduated high school with goals of doing 2 years for my RN and becoming an independent young nurse. I eventually started dating a man who turned abusive and I dropped out of school to leave him and returned home. After a while I moved back and received my NCMA at a different school and tried to re-enroll at the previous school and finish my RN. What I did not know was because I dropped out, I was not eligible for the financial aid that I was qualified for; and even though I tried to appeal my case, the school felt that I was still at risk of dropping out again despite explaining my situation and having more stability. I would have to pay for school out of pocket. I have redefined the word focus in my life. If I could give myself advice as a high school senior I would explain the importance of establishing myself in a career, transitioning from high school to real life is a big step and only you are responsible for staying focused.

Eunice

I think what makes Pensacola Junior Colllege a unique school is that it reminds me of being around family. Everyone who I came in contact with students, faculty members, and some professors, have treated me like I was part of thier family. Another reason I find my school unique. It seems that all the professor so far, for me, are willing to teach me the things I need until they feel I actually learn something. I feel they will not give up on a me are any student.

If I could go back in time . I will find mself and warn myself not to slack off . I will tell myself about the check I would receive on graduation ."keep it in your account" . "dont move out", " get a job", "keep the job", and wait to date. i would remind my self how much i love school. So don't become distracted. College is everthig we thought it would be. Please get here and when you do stay here. Dont take that break, you will want to but say no! And wait on that apartment until after our college graduation. If you listen to me ,which I am you from the fucture you will be so happy we,you, me, did. This advice will make us twenty-one instead of twenty-nine when we graduate college.

The most I brag about when it comes to my school are the libary ,math lab, and the different clubs we have here. A person can find so much to do are get involved with . There are a lot of possibilities.

Pensacola Junior College has a small but comprehensive campus, effective staff, and a comfortable atmosphere.

Jessica, the best decision is only the one that feels right; whatever 'makes sense' about an opportunity doesn't guarantee it will make you happy. Never accept fear as a motivator to finish your education: in the end, your parents' acceptance and the money they have put out are not as important as how you will ultimately choose to live your life. You are a good person with beautiful ideas. Accept yourself first and then consider the guidance of others with caution. As fortunate as I have been thus far, by now I have been in and out of college with more attempted credits and earned. I harbor intense guilt and shame for not acting on what I thought was right, but what others thought was right for me. I can now say that the English language may be my talent, but illustration is and always was my passion. The immense investment that college education is should be made with a surer grip on the self. The financing and emotional fulfillment (as well as support) will neatly fall into place thereafter. Jessica, let education enhance what is already your passion; desperately digging for a new one hasn't worked.

More than once, I have had to wait extended periods of time in order to resolve even simple financial aid inquiries.

If I could talk to myself when I was a senior in high school, the theme of my discussion would be of realizing my potential. Growing up by the beach, life's responsibilities could easily be set aside for the white sands and surf. I would stress to myself that the beach will be there long after I am gone. My decision to join the Army would not change. My experiences as an Infantryman opened my eyes to a vast and wonderful world. These experiences helped me in the classroom, allowing me to be more aware of the importance of what I am trying to accomplish. I would make sure to outine the different avenues to search for the vast number of scholarships, grants, and loans available to me. Coming out of high school the first time, I did not research or actively look for ways to pay for college, aside from the military. Finally, a great deal of effort and time would be spent on the importance of studying and taking effective notes. Complete notes and providing yourself with ample time to study are vital steps to college success.

I have no real complaints about the school. Therefore, any comments I make in this section would be reaching for a fault. Perhaps some of the classrooms could be updated.

I believe any person who is willing to work hard and prepare themselves for the business world should attend school here. The faculty does an excellent job at providing all of the necessary tools required for a student to succeed. The low number of students per class allows the instructor to not only give personal help, but also affords he/ she the opportunity to get to know their students. The campus is well maintained, and there is a sufficient amount of parking. The curriculum prepares the students for their respective degree at the next level.

Latwanda

Pensacola Junior College takes pride in their students and their top priority is providing the tools necessary for students to succeed in completing their two year program and transferring to a university of their choice. Pensacola Junior College also provides second chances to students who have made poor academic progress in the past, so that they can continue on their path to achieve greatness and live out their dreams.

I would have told myself, Latwanda you need to hardwork and study hard and the results can only be great. College should be a place to build a foundation to go on accomplish great things. Also, try to be the best student and person that you can be and the rest will fall into place.

I wish that I had known and learned early on that college wasn't not place to play around and not do your best, that it was a place to build a foundation to help you live out your dreams. I had the attitude when I first started college that I could study a little and get by. That way of thinking came back to bite me later on. But I wouldn't have gave anything for this experience because it made me a better student and not to take my education for granted.

Marilyn

My classmates are interesting, diverse, intelligent, hard-working, stimulating individuals.

Don't give up on your dream because someone tells you that you cannot succeed. It is harder to return to school after leaving than it is to tough it out and persevere. There is no one who will take care of you properly except for you. Your continued education is a responsibility that you have to yourself, which is just as important as a responsibility towards others. Your future is your responsibility and no one elses.

There are no after business hours sources of real food on campus. Those attending night classes get hungry too!

Josette

My classmates are diverse in age and race. The general attitude is easy going and purpose driven. The students who are attending here are not doing it because 'it is the next step' but because they wish to go further and recognize PJC as an affordable way of doing so. You have dual enrollment students, military personnel, single parents, continuing education students, job training, elderly who wish for more knowledge. There is practically no limit who or what you will find here. I continue to meet new kinds of people from different walks of life. It is a great atmosphere.

Do not jump straight in with the idea you know everything and the direction you wish to go. Take the first year to do your core and then decide the major. Do not be afraid of the campus, professors, registration, or of anything! Everyone there is to help you. This isn't high school where you are required by law to attend. This is where people who want to succeed go. They attend out of desire, not out of obligation. My question to you, do you want to just be another number or do you want to matter? Community college is a good way to go. It's inexpensive and when you complete your Associate's degree it can transfer to a 4 year college as your first two years already completed. At half the price! It's the same classes, just a different location and price tag. And the job market today isn't so much of what school you went to, but if you completed school, the degree you sought, and what you have gotten out of it to apply and benefit your employeer. Good luck, and remember to breathe!

The best thing I consider about PJC is the easy accesability of the campus and the location in Pensacola. It is not in the middle of all the hustle and bustle, but at the same time not so far out of the way it's a hinderance to attend. PJC offered three campuses so if you live in the area there is more then likely one local to you. The one I attend is only a twenty minute drive from my house. And it has the city bus route going by as well. Campus is easily walkable between classes.

ginger

What ever you do do not quit taking classes until you have a least obtained a bachlors degree. Entering into college after high school a lot of material and information is fresh i n your mind. It is easier to build on the information you have at this point in your life than to revist it twenty years later. At this time in you life there are less comittments and you are better able to dedicate the neccessaty time and energy to your studies. Not to mention the increase in fees that will occur over this period of time. So take my advise , stay focused and work hard and you will succeed!

Pensacola State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.