Pensacola, FL
Pensacola State College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pensacola State College

Nichole

All my classmates keep to themselves during the day but when spoken to tend to be very friendly.

Going back to my senior year, where I always wanted everything to just flow easy and come to me. It was like living a dream and entering college woke me up. I would have the senior me wake up early and tell her that everything does not just come to you have to work for what you want in life. college can be stressful you have to get your work done and pay attention no one is going to call you to the front of the class to tell you that you can do better than this or to beg you to do your work. College is a lot to work for plus the cost, you end up juggling school, work and you relationships. You have to get your priorities straight and that is easier to do when you are in high school rather than figuring it out on your own. This is the advice that I would give myself back in my senior year of college.

The worst thing about the school is the space. On my first day at Pensacola Junior college I was unprepared for how crowded the parking lot was going to be. I circled for about forty-five minutes looking for an available space and finally coming across one. This process made me late to my first class and then when getting to the class I saw that there were no available seats I had to sit on the ground. While leaving campus the parking lot was congested, and there ended up being a wreck it was only a fender bender.

Naomi

I would tell my self to chose a college where it is not boring, and where you have people you know there with you.

There is to many people and i don't know anybody .

Teresa

My classmates at PJC encompass a wide spectrum of demographics ranging ages from dual-enrolled high school student to seniors...

Pensacola Junior College has many accredited 2 year programs that allow you to immediately join the workforce. I have been attending, part time, for the past year working on my prerequisites and have been very pleased with the classes and the faculty.

Although attending college is a time for fun and enlightenment, remember to stay focused and organized. Set your goals, keep them in site and stay on track.

Philip

There is a vast difference in the makeup of classmates that I have noticed from all around the world; all persuing their goals and pursuit for higher education.

I think that if I had the opportunity to go back in time and give myself advice and knowledge about the transition into college I could have far more chances of preparing for success. In my situation I joined the Air Force and prepared myself for the future financially, but knowing now I could have found and used a scholarship for education. This way I could have finished with college much sooner. One other reason that I would have been able to help myself is deciding my career and ending all questions about where and when to attend school. The ablility to be completey sure about decisions and having ease of mind with these decisions makes all the difference in being prepared and confident with the decisions with school. Being set up correctly and having the right state of mind would set myself up for success in my senior year of college and that is what I would have told myself.

I think that anyone who is serious about advancing in higher education and bettering their knowledge and skills should attend this school.

There is a variety of classmates. There are students who just graduated from high school as well as adults wanting to go back to get better jobs to earn more for themselves and their children. Not all my classmates are in degree programs such nursing or criminal justice. I like the variety that are in my classes meeting people that are going into the same field that your going into is boring.

If I could go back to my senior year and give myself advise about college know what I know now I would tell myself to study like I never have before. I would also tell myself to pay attention to what the teacher is saying about what I need to know to pass the class and not have my imagination drop ideas for stories that I would end up writing non-stop leaving my studies locked in a closet and passing my class on pure and simple luck. I'd also tell myself to relax when taking the tests knowing that college tests are significally more difficult than high school tests.

Parking is probably the most frustrating thing at my school. More people are going to community colleges first before facing 4-year colleges because of that fact we improvise parking spots espcially during the daytime classes it gets very crowded. Carpooling works when you and your friends have class on the same days and saves parking spaces for others, but sometimes getting the schedule correct.

Knowing what I know now, I would definitely tell my high school senior self that the "parents or advisors will handle it for me" mentality doesn't work in college. Procrastination will burry you when you get to college. There is always a deadline coming up and you can't just sit around and wait till just before a deadline to do something in college. Also, you have to study, study, and study. College professors don't always assign homework or other things to promote outside-of-class study, so it is up to you to make sure you understand everything and practice it outside of class. Study groups are a great way to help with that. Don't be afraid to ask your professor for help outside of class as well. College professors are much more busy than high school teachers and they don't have enough time to make sure each students understands everything by themselves. You need to approach them if you need help so that they know and can help. Finally, always go to class. Unless you have a good reason to miss class, go to every class or it will come back and hurt you.

The worst thing is the lack of employees on campus. The lines for everything are very long, especially for things relating to administration or financial aid. The campus itself visually doesn't suffer from the lack of employees though, nor does the quality of professor. Both are excellent. It is just hard to find good help on campus, even after waiting in a long line for it.

Anyone needing their hand held through administration and things of that nature. This college definitely requires you to go out and do the things yourself and not to depend on staff doing it for you (which isn't always a bad thing).

Randall

Number of majors for a junior / community college.

Number of majors for a junior / community college.

Apply for every kind of free help and classes needed as soon as the first day you can comes.

Deliana

I would tell myself to inroll in dual enrolment, and take college courses while in high school, so i could finish my AA faste...

I would tell myself to inroll in dual enrolment, and take college courses while in high school, so i could finish my AA faster.

A person who does'nt care about learning, or is lazy.

The price. I pay for my school out of my pocket, from my part time job at subway, and it hard to pay for all of it, so i usually only take one class per semester in order to afford it. My school is also pretty far from my house, so I pay a lot for gas.

Jean

PJC is knwon as being one of the top Junior Colleges in Florida. It has a nice little campus, very well rounded and nice teachers who are there to help their students. PJC IS Home of the Mighty Pirates. Its nestled in the small city of Pensacola, Florida. PJC overall is known for being a place to get you prepared. Its a place that with help you get to the next level of education.

If I could go back, I would just remind myself to never take a break. College is expensive. There's no time to be joking around. Yes, college is supposed to be the best years of a person's life. But when a scholar is in the classroom, he or she must be focused at all times. I would of just told myself to not stop working. Work hard every time I do my school work. I would of told myself be humble because not many people are able to go to college. I would of told myself how lucky I am to be in college and how I must take advantage of the resources and higher education I have in college.

One of my proffesors at PJC told me that their are students and then their are scholars. Students are people who are enrolled... thats it. Scholars are the one who strive to further their education. A student shoudnt be at PJC. A scholar should be here. It's a place where learning is very important. If a person is just planning to chill and relax, then PJC is not the place for you to be enrolled.

Pensacola State College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.