Pensacola State College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Pensacola State College

Caitlin

I really love the school. The best decision I could have made is to stay local at a community college for my schooling. I'm close to home and can actually afford my classes. The teachers actually know your name and care about you and your well being.

Danielle

Pensacola State College provides an inviting atmosphere for students like me who are unsure of their future after graduating high school. Currently, I am 6 months away from graduating with an associates degree in Dental Hygiene and I am more than satisfied with the education and support services I have received thus far.

Meghan

I like this school. Most of the Teachers are nice and are always willing to work with you, while mantaining a strict guideline in their classes . There are lab tutors for math and writing and are free for students. Multiple campuses so you can go to the nearest campus if they offer a classs you need. Overall it's a good school.

Cassie

I really enjoy Pensacola State College. I am receiving a great education, and not completely bleeding my bank account dry! Pensacola State College is a great choice for getting the general classes out of the way while you are still trying to figure out what you want to do.

Symontae

Pensacola State College is a great college. The professors are adamant about helping when they are able, even through online courses. The campus is very calm in my experience. Which promotes the primary focus on education. There are always activities on campus that promote the importance of college. Help is always available when it has been requested.

sydney

I love PSC. Everyone is super nice, I have no problem navigating around campus, and I always feel safe even when i'm alone.

Jacob

Pensacola State College focuses greatly on helping students reach their desired degree. Pensacola State College is a great college if you want to learn the small details in your desired career field. The small classroom size helped me get more one-on-one time with my professor. I really enjoyed attending Pensacola State College!

Kamilah

My overall opinion of Pensacola State College is that it needs some help. There is not much on that campus and they can improve on many areas like having more activities for the students , get us involved . I'm sure my other college attendees would agree. I'm not saying it's bad but there are some weak areas that could be addressed.

Hailey

The class sizes are small and the professors do everything they can to help you. Always have great office hours and willing to work outside of office hours if you need. All of the professors I have had taught in a great way that was easy to understand.

I love PSC. Everyone is so friendly and helpful! I feel safe walking around campus. There is a good variety of courses and different times and options for each course making it work with your schedule. All facilities are clean. Tuition is some of the most affordable in the area.

Jordyn

Pensacola State College is a really good school. The teachers are helpful and connect well with the students. The teachers encourage discussions about the subjects. I dual enrolled while in High School and I loved it. I want to continue my education but I can’t do that without any scholarships. Pensacola State College is one of the most affordable colleges in the country. I have a job at the campus pool where I am the program director for GPAC swim lessons. I would love to further my education through Pensacola State College.

Doan

flexible schedules for part time as well as full time students. affordable tution fees. safety campus. Enthusiasm professors as well as staff. Fulfilled facilities as well as excellent library. Well-organized events and clubs. Helpful careers and consulting services for students.

Eileen

I have to start off by saying, when I first was applying to Pensacola State College, it was more out of desperation to finally having a degree than really wanting to go to PSC. I had just moved to Florida after my mom got a job transfer and I wanted to finish my art degree that I've been working on for far too long, plus I could afford the tuition without getting another loan to bankrupt me. When I first applied to the graphic arts department I got the finest surprise of my life and I never want to look back. It started with a tour of the Art Department building. All classes are small and personal with more focus on teacher to student interaction with an emphasis on constructive criticism to push your boundaries and drive you further as an artist. The resources available to students is superb, dare I say superior to some private art colleges. There is a 3D printer, two computer labs with all the adobe programs and more, a large dark room for film development, industry giant digital printers for posters and banners, and so much more. The art department is dedicated to giving PSC students the chance to compete and win against even big industry name colleges and universities whether applying for contests, internships, jobs or scholarships. They do so by focusing core projects that can be complied into competitive portfolio's that can stand shoulder to shoulder with the best of them.

Pensacola State College is a local community college where the diversity of ages makes it a fun place to be. We learn as much from each other as we do from our professors (well, almost). It's very casual and not cliquish like the bigger universities, and there is always something fun going on. The professors treat you like an adult, and most of them are very accessible outside of the classroom. PSC just won the Bellwether Award sponsored by the University of Florida’s Institute of Higher Education for their virtual tutoring program, which I've even used for my poetry class. There are so many resources for lower-income students to help them succeed, it's your fault if you don't. The grounds are lovely, with many places to sit outside and enjoy the beautiful Florida weather. The only complaint I have is the food choices--Subway and unhealthy vending machines. The only housing available on-campus is for the athletes, but there are so many nice, affordable apartments close by, that's not an issue, as we do have a bus system. PSC is the kind of school that makes me (almost) want to become a professional college student.

Keyaina

Pensacola State College has many opportunities for every student to succeed here! There are cultural clubs, and even Biology clubs. They're music and Arts allows you to express yourself better than ever! It's a community college so very diverse and fun, but don't forget to finish you work! The professors office hours and passionate study times with the students is well worth the wait!

I believe PSC is a great school for beginning college students. It is a safe environment with plenty of ways to get involved. I will be going to the University of West Florida in the fall to continue my studies in elementary education but I am truly grateful for the opportunity to have been able to attend Pensacola State College.

Chardoni

Pensacola State is a good school for those who are just aiming at starting college. It prepares you for the university life because a lot of professors here have come from teaching at universities. The school has plenty of things to get involved with and the library is amazing.

Alivia

It’s a very good started college that allows students to pursue what they truly want. Most of the professors challenges what I believe and I feel this is the most important aspect of college anywhere. I am currently finishing my AA then transferring to a four year college. But the lessons I’ve learned here will not go unheard.

Lindsey

My overall opinion of Pensacola State College is that it is a great starting point for those who are new to college or are dual-enrolled, however, I would not recommend this college as your official college, In my experience, the staff tells me something different every time I go and ask the same question. They are extremely kind and willing to help, but sometimes the help we need they can not, or don't know how to give us. The college is super safe and welcoming but is missing the "wow" factor when it comes to education. I also wish the teachers got the students to interact with one another more frequently. I believe having relationships with others and being able to make new friendships with "strangers" in life is very important. Who knows you may end up finding a best friend this way. Overall I truly do love the school and as a dual-enrollment student with limited college course options at the high school​, am more than grateful for this experience and opportunity.

Latarash

This school is easy to navigate. Everyone is very helpful. They respond back to messages in a timely manner. They provide plenty resources to help you be successful. They are many options to help pay for college. There are plenty of activities to participate in.

Tanner

Pensacola State College is a community college, that has several campuses around the area. The people seem so friendly and willing to help answer any questions that you have. The classes are much cheaper but still count as the same credit hours. I am not made to stay on campus my first year, which also saves me money.

CASSIDY

I've really enjoyed my experience at this school. The teachers take the time to make sure students are receiving and understand the information they're trying to teach, and make sure students know they want us to succeed. All of the professors I've had I've been able to make a personal connection with and has made me realize I do like learning, as long as its something I want to learn about.

Peggy

This was an excellent school to achieve an Assoicate's degree to use as a building block to my Bachelor's. I will forever be grateful for the choice that I made to attend this school. I learned so much while in attendance and had excellent counselors. I highly recommend anyone to attend if wanting to attend a school in Pensacola, FL.