Pepperdine University Top Questions

Describe the dorms.

The Freshman dorms are closest to main campus. Each building is all girls or all boys, but they are situated every other. In each dorm, there are six suites. Each suite has four bedrooms (2 people to a room), a bathroom (2 showers, 2 sinks, 2 toilets), and a common area with a couch and table for the 8 people to share. Each dorm building also has a common area/lobby with a tv and fireplace. The bedrooms are decently sized. The rooms also have lock boxes which you can rent. They will give you a combination for the lock and then you can store your valuables in there if you want. You can also rent a Coolwave which is a fridge/freezer/microwave combination. The Sophomore dorms are a little further away from main campus. It is one big building, but is split so that the girls are all on one side and the boys on the other. The majority of these dorm rooms are arranged so that there are two people to a room with a door leading to a bathroom that is shared with the room on the other side. Basically, four people share 1 bathroom that has 1 shower, 1 toilet, and 2 sinks. There are common areas/lounges at the end of every hallway on each floor that have a tv, couches and tables to study. They just finished renovations on the main lounge which both girls and guys can use. There should be a kitchen in that lounge now. The junior and senior dorms are apartments. There are 2 bedrooms (2 people to a room), a bathroom, kitchen, and living room in each apartment. The bedrooms are smaller than the freshman dorms, but there is the living room, so it evens out the space. There are also apartments on the graduate campus which are more expensive, but they are much nicer as well. In these, there are four bedrooms as every person gets their own room.

Noelle

Pepperdine's dorms are like palaces compared to other colleges. Freshmen live in suite-style dorms. Each building has six suites, which consist of a suite lobby, four bedrooms, and a bathroom. You share your room with one person and your bathroom and suite lobby are shared with seven other people. The buildings are gender-segregated, but alternate between boys and girls dorms. My freshman dorm room was probably about twice the size of my bedroom at home--compare that to my friends at UCLA whose dorm rooms were smaller than my bedroom at home as well as having two roommates instead of just one. Juniors and seniors have the option of living in on-campus apartments. The bedrooms in these apartments are smaller than those of the freshman dorms (though still much bigger than UCLA's dorms) and you still have to share a bedroom, but there are only four people in an apartment instead of eight people in a suite, plus you get a kitchen.