Pepperdine University Top Questions

Wesley

Besides the view, Pepperdine is best know for its' religious ties. Being a private university means that there is a strong connection to religion in the school, especially that of the church of Christ. It is also known for producing good graduating classes with a high employment rate.

Caitlyn

My school is best known for its commitment to Christianity. While it is a very conservative Church of Christ school, where three religion classes are required of all students, it is also a very religiously tolerant institution. Pepperdine is most appropriately known for having Christian values and ideals, such as service to others, which the institution does its best to uphold. Other denominations of Christianity are more than welcomed here, and while non-Christians may feel more out of place with the emphasis on Christian ideals, there is a policy of religious tolerance which is enforced always.

Allyson

My school is best known for its religious affiliation. Pepperdine is Church of Christ, and that attracts a stereotyped view of the average student here, of which I personally do not fall into. The average Pepperdine student is white, Republican, and of the wealthy class in America. Because my school is known for this, people with a liberal perspective tend to shy away from it because the students seem to be less relatable and more closed off to anyone outside of their societal niche.

Amelia

Pepperdine is known for its beautiful campus, small class size, good education, sand volleyball team, and its low acceptance rate.

Pepperdine University is probably best known for being located in Malibu, California. So people always assume college life is always glamorous because you are basically studying on the beach. Pepperdine is definitely proud of it's location but that is not the only asset the school has to offer. It is also best known for the amazing study abroad programs offered to students who for the majority are in their sophmore year of college. Pepperdine Univeristy is an amazing school with beautiful locations and sceneic backdrops. It is one of the most beautiful campuses with a view by far.

Kendra

My school is best known for its strong Christian morals, solid academics, and amazing study abroad program. The students and faculty are strong in their faith, but accepting of all types of people. It is a school where students of diverse backgrounds can come together as one student body, a school where students have the opportunity to study in a new and amazing place sophomore year, and a school where academics are valued very highly.

Its location in front of the Pacific Ocean

Joy Stephanie

Pepperdine Univerisity is well renowned for its beautiful view, as it is situated right by the Pacific Ocean. There's an amazing sunset each day for students to enjoy while going to and from classes. On Valentine's Day, I gave directions to an old married couple looking for our cafeteria; they were planning a romantic lunch with a breathtaking view.

The school is best known for having friendly Christian students.

Alexa

My school is best known for being right next to the ocean and for being the filming location of Zoey 101.

Pepperdine University is probably know for its awesome and beautiful location perched on the cliffs above the pacific coast highway about 30 minutes north of Los Angeles in beautiful Malibu. Practically on top of the beach you are near some of the nicest beaches in all of america, and who knows you might even see a celebrity on campus.

.

Every semester, the night before finals week starts, the faculty and staff put on a breakfast for all of the students. It is nice to have a study break and get free food! The professors serve the food (pancakes, eggs, sausage, bacon, fruit, coffee cake, etc.) and it is really just a fun way to end the semester and take a break from studying. It is always fun to watch the Frosh Follies which the freshman students take part in during their orientation at the beginning of the year.

My school is best known for our commitment to service. We are a huge center for people who want to spark change in their worlds, and we start that journey here at Pepperdine, where we have a great volunteer center. We really value helping others and being good stewards of what we have been given. We are also known for our high quality education, and for producing Fullbright Scholars, as well as other graduates who go on to prestigious grad schools and med school.

Pepperdine is known for it's beautiful views and posh location in Malibu.

Paulette

How nice everyone is. The teachers , staff, students are very friendly and helpful.. The campus has beautiful ocean views. They always bring great speakers or experts on the field making the classes very enjoyable. Plenty opportunity for volunteering and everyone seems to care about what's going in the world and wanting to help. Smiling people everywhere , and students love it here. This school is well known for being safe, beautiful campus, sense of community and getting along among each other. Many of the students have a deep connection to God and their religion.

Pepperdine University is a beautiful school inside and out. I love, in every, what they stand for. Their beauty might be what some people say makes Pepperdine stick out, but for me it's their morals. They stand for strengthening lives for purpose and leaderships, and that is what makes them stand out for me. With the help of this scholarship I believe that I'll be able to attend this university in the fall, and in the process be able to enjoy their beauty first hand.

Esther

Pepperdine is known for its international programs division where a great percentage of sophomores choose to study abroad in countries such as China, London, Switzerland, Russia, etc. Pepperdine is also known for its beautiful campus and its high tuition rates.

Samuel

Beautiful Campus.

Being located on the beach.

Michela

The campus, prestige, location, academics, size, class size

It's amazing location, and the great career center and internship programs.

Katharyn

"Oh. You're that beach Church of Christ school, huh?"

This school is best known for it's thoughtful community service. It has tons of opportunities for students to get involved helping the underprivaleged.

Shelly

The beauty of our campus

Bonnie

Pepperdine is most well known for two different things: exclusiveness and christian conservatism. Both of which are fairly true. Compared to other christian schools, Pepperdine would definately be considered liberal, which I like. However, if you were to compare it to a state school, it would be considered more conservative. And, yes, Pepperdine is pretty exclusive. If you want to come here, you have to be prepared and work at having an attractive resume/application.