Pepperdine University

« See more reviews of Pepperdine University

Pepperdine is a school that is very welcoming to incoming students. I felt very welcome when I first arrived. There was one student in my dorm however, who dropped out the first week because she wanted to attend a party school. Pepperdine is a very calm environment. There are parties, but it is also a dry campus. No alcohol is allowed on campus. So Pepperdine students do not party as much as other schools. Prospective students who are party animals should possibly seek to attend other schools. The school is a quiet and a good place to focus and study.

You shouldn't attend this school if drinking alcohol on campus is important to you. Unfortunately, with the many hills and flights of stairs, wheelchair accessibility is limited. Pepperdine is a Christian school, so anyone strongly opposed to those values would not be a good fit. It's also small and pretty quiet, with fewer than 4,000 undergraduates, so if being anonymous and having thousands of new people around is important, that type of student would not like Pepperdine. The weather is usually mild or on the warm side, so snow lovers beware!

You really need to have a good relationship with yourself in order to excel here at Pepperdine University. Sure, of course you also need to have drive, goals, and perserverance, but I think those qualities take a passenger seat to self love. This University focuses a lot on you as an individual and getting to know yourself: your likes, your dislikes, your dreams, your potential. If you are unwilling to jump head first into the personal growth Pepperdine University offers you, it will be really hard for you to enjoy your time here as a student.

You should not attend Pepperdine University if you want an amazing social experience in college. Pepperdine is a very small school and opportunities to participate are limited to sororities and fraternaties, clubs, and volunteer programs. You have to put yourself out there to get involved and make the friends you want to. Pepperdine is also a dry campus, thus there is no alcohol allowed on campus, including coming back to campus under the influence. Opposite genders are also not allowed to be in a girl or boys dorm past 1 AM.

I encourage all types of people to attend this school. However, I believe one must have a patience and an open mind. Pepperdine University is in need of more diversity, but there are currently some interesting individuals attending the institution and it is likely that personalities or beliefs will clash. Everyone can learn something from attending a school like Pepperdine and there is no doubt that it will change you and influence your growth as a person.

People who come to Pepperdine just for the beach. People who do not want rules such as a dry campus and visitation hours in the dorm and who are strongly opposed to a school based on morals should not go to Pepperdine... if you know anything about the school before you apply, you will know that it is based on the Church of Christ tradition. If you are not interested in this type of school, you might be happier somewhere else.

Well, I believe that everyone should apply, because, I'm the type of Pepperdine student that technically doesn't fit the mold here, but I still have fun, and I love it alot. This school is Christian based and very conservative, so if those factors really turn you off, then Pepperdine would not be the best choice - holding constant, I am not Christian and I am liberal, and I love it here!

The kind of person that shouldn't attend Pepperdine University is a person that is against a Christian religion. THe school is built on Christian morals and you are required to go to church 14 times per semester and take three religion classes during your time at Pepperdine as G.E. If someone is not comfortable doing this do not attend Pepperdine.

Someone who is not a conservatice christian. Also, anyone who is expecting to find a party school will be disappointed; anyone who is insecure about their image; anyone who can't be social; anyone who doesn't have a car; anyone who doesn't like nice weather; and, anyone who doesn't have money (you'll end up being broke).

People who view christianity in a negative light and do not care about their education. People who also prefer a large university should take in to consideration that Pepperdine is a small, private institution and if don't like a college where you are constantly meeting new people then Pepperdine may not be for you.