Pepperdine University Top Questions

shantal

There are so many incredible opportunites here at Pepperdine, and each student is able to choose the programs and activities that interest them the most. Not only does that enrich our experience here, but it also helps us meet people who share the same interests. Life here is such an adventure! I'm only a freshman and I've already done things that I wouldn't have been able to do otherwise, and met many incredible people.

The best thing about Pepperdine University is their adept international programs that allow students to study abroad at a number of Pepperdine University campuses around the world, including Florence, Buenos Aires, Laussane, London, and Shanghai. Pepperdine strongly encourages students to study abroad in order to expand their global perspectives, build new relationships, and stimulate spiritual and intellectual growth. The way that the Pepperdine community emphasizes this pivitol time to exprience a new culuture is one of the things that make the school so great.

Meshelle

The view is to me the best thing about this school. Wherever you go on campus you are surrounded by the scenic background that is Malibu. I am grateful that i am able to attend such a beautiful university.

Amelia

The spiritual life is the best part of the school, the "Board" puts on various events throughout the school year which are extremely fun to attend as well. I really enjoyed attending a weekly house group and worship every week.

Briana

The best thing is the community. Everyone is very welcoming.

The academic programs at Pepperdine are exceptional! All of the Professors know tons about their subject and are passionate about what they teach. Also, you cannot beat the incredible view of the Pacific Ocean!! The combination of the outstanding academic programs and opportunities, wide variety of extracurricular activities, and the beatiful campus make Pepperdine the best school! Anyone who has the opportunity to attend this University would truly be blessed by all of the students, professors and opportunities.

Pepperdine is a Christian school and I think that is my favorite part about it. It does not necessarily shove the religion down your throat, so if you are non-religious do not worry, but if you are rleigious it is very comforting that many people around you are as well and that you can find a good church nearby and bible study groups. If you are religious then you will not be the odd one out like you might have been in high school. I love that.

Achilles

I have come to discover that the best thing about the school is that its an environment of suffering for a typical college student. By that I mean, the school actively regulates and enforces its rules on partying, drinking and drug abuse to farther extents than most private and public colleges or universities. This has been great; for, during a time away from home where a person learns the most about himself and life; this school helped me stay away from turning to vices to free me from my grief but rather to deal with it in a proper manner.

I consider the diversity of strong departments and students the most impressive thing about Pepperdine.

Everybody here says that our International Programs are the best part about Pepperdine. Our international programs are second to none; we have our own campuses in: Florence, Italy; Lausanne, Switzerland; Heidelberg, Germany; London, England; Shanghai, China; Buenos Aires, Argentina; and Washington D.C.. There is so much to do and explore abroad, and you will never get closer to a group of people than the people you study abroad with. Everybody experiences their own personal growth while experiencing an entirely new culture and comes back a new person. If you come to Pepperdine, you HAVE to study abroad.

Hayoung

Other than the fact that you can see the blue horizon on almost any point on campus, and the fact that the entire school knows and appreciates the beauty of the ocean, I love the sense of community in this school. You can walk around campus with hats and shades on, and within two minutes, at least five people will have recognized you and called out your name. I love that every week, the BOARD hosts an event for the whole school, like figure skating or movie night for free, so that students can bond and befriend one another.

Autumn

The best part about Pepperdine is the opportunity to get involved! Students are notified pretty well about ways to give back such as joining organizations, clubs, or doing community service. This is my favorite part about Pepperdine because I found volunteering and doing extra curricular activities difficult in high school, because I was not always aware of the events. Pepperdine combats that problem by fostering an environment which is active, and enjoys being involved.

lindsay

The location is beautiful, however it does not have many practical resources like multiple grocery stores. The beach is a beautiful place to study or meditate. Having such a relaxing place so close takes a lot of stress away from the students. We have many activities on the beach which makes each event interesting and picture-perfect.

Genevieve

A photographer or painter's dream, the sunrises (gotta wake up early to catch one, they are incredibly worth it!) and sunsets which wash over the ocean to the horizon are breathtaking. Remember, this is the University-on-the-hill, so students get a 180 degree, elevated view. Boats on the ocean look like little pinheads bobbing up and down, and you can track the wave patterns if you're bored. You will see at least one deer cross your path everyday, making its way down from the Santa Monica mountains for a nibble on the Pepperdine lawns. A surfer is never more than a ten minute drive away from the crashing waves. In fact, one of the PE classes is surfing, so you ocean-mongers can get credit for a serene morning soaked in the surf.

The thing that I love most about my school is its Christian aspect. I love that we are allowed to speak openly about our faith and what God has done for us. The people that I am surrounded by are genuinely thoughtful and caring people who would do absolutely anything to help a friend when they can.

Gregory

How friendly people are, and how willing they are to help you succeed.

Terrell

Faculty and staff; as well as the class sizes and location of the campus. Also the friends that I made and high-quality education that I received.

Nicollette

I think the best thing about this school is the class sizes and the location. The classes are usually small with about 20 students unless it is a lecture class which there are few. Also, being located in Malibu, CA, this school offers students plenty of job choices.

The best thing about Pepperdine is the community. Everybody can find their niche, but the school is small enough to know a good percentage of the population on campus. Everyone here is really friendly and supportive. Clubs, fraternities, sororities, and overseas programs all foster communities where people can develop lasting, meaningful relationships with a wide variety of people.

Walking down the halls at Pepperdine I say ?Hi, how are you!?? at least five times. No matter where you go, you are bound to see a friend or an acquaintance and be greeted as well. People here are so friendly, if you haven?t caught the direction I?m leading. The first day I came here New Student Orientation leaders screamed salutations and cheered with excitement as each new freshman came in. From the moment I stepped on campus I have felt welcome, and each day I feel more and more loved by my kind-hearted fellow students.

Sandra

The Christian values and emphasis on Christ centered living is the most influential and best part about Pepperdine. You are immediately welcomed into a community of devout Christians and this becomes very evident in your interactions with your fellow upperclassmen and mentors. The religious community is not forced to those who may not believe, but is a great support for those who follow Chrisitianity and there are several resources for students including a personal student life advisor (SLA) and pyschiatrist on staff. The school is genuinely inviting and expresses deep care for their students!

Lana

While initially reviewing college choices, I had seen little potential in Pepperdine University as a top pick. I assumed that it?s Christian affiliation would present religious regulations which would detract from the groups or events offered; on the contrary, a variety of religious groups exist on campus. Furthermore while my school does provide events for those of the Christian faith, these opportunities are neither forced nor exclusive towards any student. While many other colleges take extreme measures to weed out the presence of religion in order to avoid conflict, Pepperdine provides a comforting sense of religious freedom.

Keiy

Great teacher student ratio as a way to promote higher learning and an amazing student life program to encourage balance of academics and social living/learning.

Shadi

The best thing is probably itslocation because it is right by the beach.

Houston

The people are really friendly! From the beginning, the school is very welcoming with the New Student Orientation, with activites created to help break the ice with other new students. The classes are small, making for intimate class essions, and the University does its best to get you a job off campus. The dorms are nice (room service), and you can't beat living on a beach!

Beautiful location.

Pepperdine's international studies program is spectacular! Not only do you get to spend a year overseas developing strong bond with your peers, but you get to experience your studies firsthand. One day you learn something in a Humanities class, and the next you get to see it in person! Three day weekends give you a chance to travel around and really get to know the area, and the friendships you develop while studying abroad last for years.

I think the best thing about Pepperdine University, is the patience that exists from the faculty. As a young, zealous student, ready and hungry to learn, I made many mistakes in changing majors several times while trying to figure who I was, and what I loved. Through all this changing, my professors remained incredibly patient, and almost parent-like in their guiding me. I look back now and think, wow, they really and truly cared about my future and my well-being, and in the midst of some of my own foolishness, had great patience on this young student.

Jose

The weather, the classes, the beach, and the people.

International Programs. Most students study abroad in thier second year and it is a great opporunity not only to grow as a person to but to leave your comfort zone and begin to experience the world.

There are a lot of rich kids to mooch off of. It's in Malibu and close to Los Angeles.

the classes are great, and i am provided with opportunity everywhere i go.

Bonnie

My favorite thing about Pepperdine is how professors all seem to be very relaxed and open to discussion, because it makes doing well in your classes so much easier when you have agreeable professors.

Jill

The beautiful weather and landscape can't be beat. Everyone is pretty friendly. INTERNATIONAL PROGRAMS!!!