Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Philadelphia University

Olivia

Since attending college, I have learned to be dedicated, independent, and more confident. Instead of searching for the 'craziest parties on campus,' I found myself spending countless hours on design projects, devoted to the quality and craft that makes a good presentation. I put a lot of time and effort into my work, because being proud of the outcome is very rewarding to me. Since my coursework has taken up a significant amount of my time, I have learned to efficiently manage my schedule. My college has provided me with tons of activities to participate in, however it's impossible to be involved with everything. For the stuff that is a priority, I am able to budget my time, thus becoming more independent. I have found that college has given me the opportunity to be in charge of my present and future. I'm not taking this independence for granted, as some of my peers are. Instead, providing for myself and accomplishing goals has boosted my confidence. I participate in class and take advantage of the discussion, something I wouldn't have done in high school. I believe that college is going to help me really grow as a person.

To me, the school fits my needs in every way. It's small, close to home, and has a park-like feel close to the city. It also has an amazing architecture program and both classical and modern architecture on campus. The food is decent and I feel really safe. However, the intersection which divides the campus has had numerous crashes and close-calls. Drivers go way too fast and have been rude to pedestrians in the past. Also, since the school's area is small for the number of students, there isn't a lot of on-campus housing.

A so-called "partier" should not attend this school. The university is small, and students come here to succeed and really work hard. Also, as a disclaimer, the school is not located in the heart of the city - you have to take a train or bus to get there. I recently had a friend who transferred out of this school because it just didn't have a city vibe. Sure enough, the campus is close to the city, but a prospective student who is looking to be in the center of all the night-life, might be disappointed.

Aziah

Philadelphia University is best known for its architecture and fashion programs. It was previously named Philadelphia College of Textiles. My school has much pride in its architecture, fashion, and textile programs. The school contains many design centers throughout the campus as well as many design shoes throughout the academic school year. Philadelphia University also has many well- known professors with abundant experience in their industry.

Being in college has taught me a lot. I didn’t really know what I was in for until I actually felt the experience. Now that I’ve experienced the college life for almost a full year I know that it’s not easy but it’s also not as hard as it may seem. Out of being a first year student I have learned how to manage time. There are no longer parents here to tell you to go to school. It was a reality check because now you must get used to doing things on your own. I’ve had to teach myself how to study and stay on track. It is easy to get distracted by friends, and parties. I have also learned to be responsible to pay my tuition payment every month form my work study pay. Its not an easy transition but its needed. This is why college has been valuable to attend because it teaches you how to grow up a little. Being away from home and doing things on your own this will significantly help in you in the future living on your own.

I wish I had known that I had been privileged to come to a university that had such skilled professors and administration. I wish I had known that I would have had to pay so much out of pocket to university each semester but good thing for work study or else I wouldn’t have the opportunity to attend this college.

Micole

The ablity to do things for myself. Being independent and learning real life problems and being able to solve them. It has been very valuable to attend college because you can only experience this once, and be able to get an education that leads you into a career is an opportunity to never pass up.

More time managment and not to stress a lot. College is difficult if you make it that way.

How amazing the environment is. It has a very social campus full of well rounded adults who will reach out and lend a helping hand. There always something to do here, never a dull moment.

Danielle

The classmates that I have are creative, fun, artistic, talented, ambicious, and love to compete.

This school has allowed me to expand my knowledge of interior design and design in general. I have a strong foundation of learning here and the students also help to keep me expanding my mind. The fact that this school has so many forms of design: interior, architecture, graphic, animation, fashion, textile, industrial, and more allow for a creative campus and environment. Being inspired is not a challenge on this campus and I feel that as a designer and as a person, I have greatly benefited from coming to this school. The value of being able to attend a college is beyond what I ever imagine me accomplishing. The price of college would have kept me from attending if it weren't for grants and finanical aid and friends.

The type of person who shouldn't attend this school is one who is looking for a basic degree who has a low income. The amount of money spent at this school is only worth it for the accredited professional design degrees. The general classes are easy and can be aquired at any community college.

Sophie

Because of my experience at Philadelphia University including all of my hardships and struggles in Freshman year and throughout the following years, I have not only discovered my passion and learned to love and value myself but also feel confident, generous, and sometimes even obligated to share the knowledge that I have gained from the various professors. I am currently a fifth year student in the Architectural Studies major. Philadelphia University has offered me the unique opportunity to truly shape my future and maximize my academic experiences because I was able to balance Conceptual Design courses with Technical courses. I have studied various fields including, Architecture (including Landscape, Interior Design, and Construction). I have also taken a few Business courses including Management, Marketing, and Business Law. However, the most valuable courses and the most relevant to my passions were the Liberal Arts and Humanities courses that have opened my eyes to the world, taught me how to think critically, understand relationships, causes & effects, the "pros and cons" of globalizations, and most especially the value of Humanity, Cultures, and Earth. Because I was inspired and encouraged by my Professors, I have successfully obtained a very unique internship position after graduation.

I wished that I would've known about how costly the tuition actually is including full-time courses, room & board, health fees, etc. The Financial Aid Office mails an "Award Letter" home to be reviewed by the student's family. These funds are anticipated to be available for the student's education. However, a decent amount of the funds are not available and are pending. Therefore, Student Accounts office automatically enrolls students with remaining balances into TMS (Tuition Management System). Often times, fees and other issues especially confusion occur.

I value the quality of education, class meeting times, projects, portfolios, and papers that I have completed and learned at the university. I have also learned to know more about my professors on a deeper, more meaningful level as they share with students their viewpoints on life, education, and expertise. Because of unique professors at Philadelphia University, I have discovered my passion and learned to love and value myself as a person and as a student. I have also earned a great internship opportunity because of the knwoledge that I have gained at Philadelphia University. THANK YOU.

Venayah

I believe that my school is best known for Fashion Design and or Textiles. My school represent creativity and orginality. My school gives you a good experience in those fields whether its study aboard or visiting different sites having to do with your major.

I believe that my college experience has opened my eyes a little more as to what to expect when I graduate from school. i have recieved my Associate's degree in Business from Community College of Philadelphia. That to me was a taste of how it would be for me when I enter a workplace of my career. Now i attend Philadelphia University and my major is Fashion Merchandising. Since i been in college, i realized that you have to work for whatever you want inife and there is no such thing as a free handout. I also learned from my college experience is to get my degree in something that i desire to do and make sure that that's what i enjoy doing. College is very inportant and is very valuable to attend because it will get you farther in life and you will also gain more knowlege, and you can never have to much education

I wish i would of known the alumi's and there sucess. I'm a little curious about the graduates of Philadelphia University and how their job experience been since they graduated

Shawn

From my college experience I have received many different gifts. I have befriended many new people, both students and professionals, from different social, academic, and economic circles. My creativity and academics has been challenged daily. I have played on many intramural teams or played in pick up games in the gym or out on the lawn.. I have learned how to use public transportation to go into the city for school and social events, which is a big accomplishment since I am not familiar with the system. I am also actively involved in an organization that is pertinent to my career choice. My first year college experience has been a valuable life lesson. I have made friendships and career related relationships that have and will affect me throughout my college and professional career. Both my classmates and professors have challenged me academically, socially, and creatively. I feel that all these experiences will and are making me a better person as a whole and preparing me for working in my chosen profession.

Bef ore coming to this school I wish I had known what a great experience I was going to have. I have met and befriended people from so many different academic, social, and economic backgrounds. In the first week of my design class we were asked to work in a group to create an outdooor art form. As a group we had one goal to achieve despite our differences. The professors take learning out of the box and have innovative techniques and styles of teaching, but relate it back to your major.

I believe that a person who believes in themself and likes to be challenged academically and in their field of interest should attend this college. There are so many avenues a student can take at Philadelphia University. Another benefit of this university is the fact that the city of Philadelphia plays a big part in the curriculum. Class trips for inspiration, days of service projects, and social activities are inflluenced by the city scene without being right inside the city limits.

Rosy

This school is best known for it's classes in the fashion, design, and health sciences industry. As the faculty and staff say this is a professional school.

My college experience has introduced me to great new experiences and people. Learining to balance school, social times, and work was the most important thing that I learned in college. Prioritizing is a key component, having a plan, knowing what you want and how you plan to achieve it. I went to a small college originally in Miami, where I learned the freedom that comes with college needs to be carefully handled. Working became an obstacle, it was something that felt necessary but was interupting my full potential. Now after a couple of hard earned experiences, I have realiezed I will need very little work, and get integrated in my new school. Being integrated is what will make the college experience worth it and have a good end result. I now have a good solid plan and the ambition to see it through.

This school is for the kind of person who can appreciate a small environment, where your teacher will inevitably get to know you on a personal level. It will be hard not to learn in this school, small classes truly equal a great learning experience.

Philadelphia University prepares students for careers in the real world, specifically those related to design. Technical skills are enforced but students also learn about business tactics and the history of their areas of study. The school is focused on teaching students how to become successful designers while encouraging them to look into green alternatives. The workload is heavy and not for the faint of heart, but students come out of the university with a solid foundation of the design world. Every design student graduates with a B.S. instead of a B.F.A.

The students at Philadelphia University are very diverse in race, sexual orientation, as well as financial backgrounds. This makes the university more inviting and welcoming to students of all backgrounds and is one of the most accepting universities I have ever witnessed. Because the school is relativley small, the students are close with one another and with the faculty.

I chose to study fashion design at Philadelphia University because of their superb design program, and also because they did not require portfolios with acceptance into the program. I was interested in learing how to design clothing, but did not live in an area conducive to my learning of the skills before going to college. This is one of the few schools left that teaches you from the ground up- every student starts at the same level and no prior knowledge of anything in the design word is needed. I have learned literally everything about fashion design from the excellent faculty at the school. Since classes are small you recieve one on one attention and come to know your professors very well. I have already learned valuable skills needed for my continuation in the program as well as in the workplace. I am looking forward to taking advantage of the many study abroad and internship programs provided. Because we are required to graduate with a B.S., the science courses I have taken have sparked my interest in investigating green fashion and making better business choices based on environmental ethics.

miguel

The main thing that I've learned during my college experience is that knoledge is power and it is up to the youth of today to harness that power to make a brighter and safer future for us humans and animals. I've also learned that college is hard to attend while working fulltime; Then again lifes hard, but anything you get easy truly is not worth holding on to. Education is key in this day and age and I'de love the opportunity to attend a school I'm passionate about.

Philadelphia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.