Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Philadelphia University

Brian

When I was little I always wondered where life would take me. Would I be a Medical Docotor? or a Firefighter? I was plagued with this question for years and well into my High School career. It wasn't until I started attending college that I was blessed with the knowledge of what I wanted to study and then do for a living. Which is to study Philosophy and then one day with a Ph.D teach at a four-year university. Thanks to the decision to further my education not only have I chosent the field that I want to study in but through my general education courses I have learned so much a bout the different fields of study such as Anthropology, Humanities and Sociology. I used to have a bad attitude about school when I attended High School I felt that what we learned was a waste of time and will never be helpful but I have become passionate about my education and I feel that college and further education is priceless. College is valuable because it not only helps individuals excell intellectually, but it also helps individuals grow and develop as people for a better tomorrow.

Welcoming, career orientated, diverse, energetic, engaging!

Welcoming, career orientated, diverse, energetic, engaging!

I have grown tremendously as an individual, a professional, and a leader. I value the skills I have learned that enable me to be in a leadership position on campus. These skills such as working on a team, public speaking, confidence, organization, etc. have enabled me to become a stronger person and is reflected in my career ambitions. I am able to get the most out of my classes, activities, and social life because I understand the importance of my education and where it can take me in the future.

There's no grocery store within walking distance.

Margeaux

What I like most are my Professors. They are personable, helpful and most are currently working in their feilds. I feel confident that they will be valuable references in the future.

It could be a bit more ethnically diverse... Also, Financial aid could be more helpful to needy students.

Eugene

My experience at Seminole State College has allowed me the opportunity complete a general education Associate in Arts degree. I began this degree many years ago and unfortunately was faced with a few personal crisis: death of my father, divorce, loss of employment and loss of my home. After years of waiting and personally battling with the choice to attend college again, I found that Seminole State College was the only way for me to advace myself in a career. This college has awarded me with the skills needed to advance myself within the field of education. I am now transfering to the University of Central Florida where I will focus on a degree in education. My goal is to become a Middle School Science teacher. This goal will help to support myself and my family in the future. I will be able to give back to the community by teaching others that by setting your goals high, and working hard, you can accomplish anything. I look forward to sharing story with my students in the future.

Kelly

I had been anxiously and excitedly looking forward to attending college for years throughout high school. It seems unavoidable that a girl's imagination will go wild with exaggerated hopes and expectations before any major, life-changing event. However, my experience at Philadelphia University is everything that I had been imagining and so much more. It has matured me as an individual and expanded the horizons of my mind; taught me not only about the field of psychology, but also how to live with a girl I had never met before the summer, meet deadlines, and so much more. For anyone who is considering not attending college for financial or any other reasons, my advice would be this: go! Find the right college for you, and go! Making my own decisions, achieving goals, living on my own, and studying a subject in which I am genuinely intersted are the aspects of college that set my current exciting life in Philadelphia apart from my previous life in the monotonous, less-specialized world of public high school in New Jersey. I am confident that every dollar of my yearly expenses is benefiting my future as a respectable adult and professional.

I wish I had known exactly how design-oriented the school is, but I do not regret my decision because I am a creative person and appreciate the design exhibitions. I also didn't know that it was so easy to both be admitted and to receive scholarships to this moderately expensive private school. However, the honors college is more challenging, but not unreasonable. There was not much that surprised me about PhillyU otherwise because I did extensive research to ensure that I made the right decision for myself. I cannot see myself ever transfering from this amazing school.

I study psychology at the most beautiful, park-like school just outside the city. Although we are largely a design school, there are excellent psychology, PA, and business programs to name a few. The people are amazing, the professors knowledgable, and everyone is willing to help or answer a question. I am having the best time of my life and meeting wonderful peers and professionals. We always have free (and quality) entertainment, such as comedians, magicians, casino nights, etc. We are also located close to public transportation, so a trip into the city or to other Philadelphia colleges is accessible.

Brandon

I have gotten quite a bit from my college experience. For one I found new and exciting ways I can reach-out to the community, gained many new friendships, and the knowledge to obtain information and keep it to memory. It is valuable to attend college, because from what you learn from the classroom you can use it in everyday instances.

Richard

Respectively, Philadelphia University was known as one of the best Textiles Schools to go to back in the day; however, today Philadelphia University has a great Architecture department, a growing and very popular Industrial Design department and an even rapidly growing medical and business area. Even so, it offers a great oppurtunity for students to learn in small and very concentrated classes while not sacrificing the level of education. Many of the professors are well established architects/professionals in their fields and teach at Philadelphia University because they want to.

When I was in highschool I could not think of any other thing I wanted to do but attend college. When I finally chose my school I was ready to indulge in the wealth of knowledge that I would be able to attain from being part of a huge generation destined to get a degree. The first day of Architecture School was absolutely rediculus but from there on I have only become a better person for those around me including: my parents, my relatives and my school. My views upon the world, because I have studied abroad, have changed so drastically that my views of the word college and experience is like amelioration. While the word has not changed physically, my own perception has become that of a monk who has only become wiser over time with the practice and dedication of an ideal which my school has taught me. This ideal of course is to be strong, persistent even in weakness and to have the knowledge in which to be able to succeed in todays world. It is this reason why I believe that it has been invaluable to attend college. It is simply IMPORTANT.

Of course, I consider the Architecture department to be very good. I am originally from Texas and being a senior at Philadelphia University I have gained a wealth of knowledge from this school. My greatest experience so far was studying abroad in Italy, which the school offers, and I was able to gain so much from the knowledge over there. I would have to say that a lot goes into every program, but because I am in the Architecture program, I am proud to say that the architecture program is the best thing I like about my School.

Ryan

While the obvious benefits of a college education can provide the means of obtaining a comfortable income and enjoying a higher standard of living, these aspirations are not the most durable characteristics of a college education. What I have learned from my college experience is to value those challenges that permit me to make good choices regarding what I want to be and ultimately do to better serve humankind. To develop a vision of possibilities for the future is a lifelong goal and the most valuable reason for attending college. College offers an environment where students learn to assume responsibility to discover the necessary courage essential for accomplishing what is truly important. My college experience has presented opportunities to reflect and explore in ways that have stretched my way of thinking. I have learned that implementation of mind and heart ardently distinguishes how an individual will best live life to the fullest and determines how one can incorporate the arena of work into a fundamental purpose for his/her existence.

Students who are not passionate about pursuing life goals and striving to do their best will not be successful at Philadelphia University. Students must possess a strong work ethic, creativity, and the ability to be confident in one’s abilities. Students who would not feel comfortable in an urban atmosphere might not function successfully at this university due to public transportation, ethnic cultures, and urban congestion.

My school assists in any way possible to support and direct students in their journey toward degree completion. This is best accomplished through very small class sizes and knowledgeable professors dedicated to serving the needs of students. Opportunities available due to proximity to a very large city offer excellent examples of architecture relevant to my major. The city provides cultural benefits and sports venues as well. Philadelphia University has helped me to grow and develop into a well-rounded individual who can contribute to the college community.

Alexa

While a freshman at Philadelphia University, I have taken advantage of many great opportunities to grow as a person and a student. I have gained many leadership, and work related skills in the process. I am a more mature, responsible, self-confident, and academically prepared student and feel that I can face the challenges set before me in the next four to six years. I will continue to attend Philadelphia University to study Fashion Merchandising and plan to minor in Communications. As part of the curriculum, I intend to take advantage of the study abroad program to gain international exposure to the industry. I will need not only the theoretical knowledge from my academic program, but also practical work experience to achieve my goal of ultimately working in the fashion industry. I expect in five years I will be well on my way to a successful career and I couldn't have done it without the opportunities, support and guidance that Philadelphia University supplies.

There are too many things to choose that could be the best thing about Philadelphia University, that is why I chose this school. It could be there excellent reputation, the study abroad program or their student involvement. But I think the thing that I found after I came here was that the professors were always there when you needed them. There was always someone ready to help you find your way.

I think that a focused, goal driven student should attend Philadelphia University. The school offers so much more than just an education, it offers an experience. You can be as involved as you want in any kind of activity, whether it pertains to your major or not. Everyone is very welcoming and friendly. To get the full experience of Philadelphia University you need to take advantage of all the opportunities that it presents.

Dwayne

I would have to say the campus size as It is not to big nor to small. The campus size provides the students with the opportunity to get the one on one support from professors, the students become familiar with the campus and others students that live on campus.

Attending college I have experienced what it like to live on my own. I had to learn how to budget my money and make smart decisions which would benefit me in the future. When many children get away from there parents they get out of control and influence others as well to party, drink, and smoke and school comes last. Seeing individuals such as those gave me a better insight on life. I realized the we are here by choice nobody forced us to come to college and a college education is what determines our future. I know I dont want to settle for less so I made it an obligation to sucedd in college. It is valuable to attend college because you discover who you are outside of your parents watch. As indiviual we often live up to our parents standards. I believe at college we experience what it is like to be on our own taking a step into the real world.

It actually depends on the individual however if I were to consider a bad aspect of my school is that majority of the students leave and go home on the weekend. As a part os student government we are working on a project that will encourage students to stay on campus getting the students more engaged.

Philadelphia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.