Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Philadelphia University

Tanya

As an adult returning to college, I understand and appreciate more. I value the instructors time and I also demand that I learn something from every course I enroll in. Due to the increase cost of education and the decrease availability of employment , failing a course is not an option. I am more in tuned to my surroundings because I do not want to waste my time or money; if I am not recieving knowledge from the course. Graduating for me gives me a sense of completion and provides an opportunity for upward mobility. My college experience has been numerous and different for each time I enrolled into a college , this gives me a better perspective of what the qualifications and demands are needed in order to succeed.

Financial Aid office, they are rude and unhelpful

A person who would like to advance in: artistic design, science technology, innovative sciences, health adm, Leadership theory

Rebekah

My college experience, thus far, has provided me with a sense of independance and maturity unlike anything I have had before. As a high school student, I was always very responsible and self-reliant, but attending college has awakened me to a whole new facet of my personality; a woman who is well-to-do in the world and who can make a difference in all that she does. If is were not for this unique experience of making my own success, truly by myself, I would never have gained the level of self-confidence and self-dedication that I now have. Thanks to college, I now know all that I am capable of, without a doubt.

All of the scholarship opportunities that they offered.

Keisha

PhilaU is a small university of eclectic indviduals primarly majoring in design courses.

I have learned to be open to many different personaities, and learn from my mistakes and mistakes of others.

Jesse

I have spent most of my life engaged with others in some form or other. College has really shown me how to expand my horizon and see that we all many different views, backgrounds, and beliefs. One is not more or less then the other, but we can all bring those experiences to the table and when we work towards a common goal the amount we accomplish is much greater then that of accomplishing it on our own. I have gained so much more respect for those around me and have grown to appreciate all the things that make us different yet, bring us together.

kayla

What I have gotten out of my college experience is I have become a stronger independent person. I have learned a lot about different personality types and how to deal with them. I have learned about the goals I want to achieve, where I would like to attend graduate school and the industry I would like to be apart of it. It has been vaulable because I would have not learned these things at a community college and living at home.

The greastest college expierence that I've had at PHILAU can not be defined in just one way, so I will share the most memorable and positive experiences that I have had here. For one, I have a strong sense of who I want to become. I've met friends who make me feel as if I've known them my whole life. I have professors who geniunley care about not only my grades, but my well-being. I've established networking skills and have already applied them in real world situations. It was the right choice from the start and the most valuable thing that I could pass on to anyone interested in coming here is that they will find themselves too.

There is really no type of student that wouldn't want to attend Philadelphia University. It's liberal, diverse, and if a prospective student has a uniqueness about them no matter how great or little, they would love it here.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the quality of food it provides and the times that the food cafetaterias open and close. However, Philau has been doing a good job about asking us what we want and we have seen some improvement since last semester.

Justine

My college experience so far has been great. I love the school and the professors. The staff at the school really works well with you to make your schedule flexible. I am a mother of two (a three week old and a two year old), a military wife, and I work full time as a preschool teacher, so having a more flexible schedule is great. Also, the success that the professors have makes me want to be very successful so in the future I can have a better job and help my husband to better support our family.

The University of Denver is enlightening in the sense that it helps uncover who you are as a student, and for me, how I navigate the world when I am thrown out of my element, (not to mention the classes are pretty enlightening as well.)

So far I have only been in college for one year, but it has been the best year, educationally (not solely Academically) of my life. Of course I have learned a lot about new and exciting subjects, but more importatly I have learned a lot about myself. For example, I took a performace poetry class my first quarter at The University of Denver. On the first day, our assignment was to partner up with someone we didn't know and observe them as they described themselves to us. Then we had to act like the other person, based on our observations. My partner, Varinia, noticed that I fidget a lot. When she imitated me introducing myself, I became very aware of how I carry myself around people I don't know. After this, I was able to better control, or conceal in some cases, my anxiety. There have been many instances of this type of thing happening during my first year of college. Yes I love learning about really any subject, but I've found that the most valuble and helpful lessons have come from what I've learned about myself.

The most frustrating thing about The University of Denver is the lack of diversity. This school is mostly made up of White, upper class students. The students themselves are generally friendly, but lack any sort of insight into what diversity truly means. I come from a highschool where white students were the minority and most of us didn't have very much money. In addition to race and socio-economic status, the students generally go for the same degree, either business or Restaurant Tourism and Hotel Management. All other departments are lacking in numbers and interest of new students.

My college experience has been most valuable to me in its challenging classes, which are preparing me for a successful career path and encouraging me to continue in the direction of my passion and dreams. Also, the closeness to the city has allowed me full exploration of a suburbian area with an urban feel. Finally, I have been able to try so many different types of classes, as well as take advantage of studying abroad in the coming year, which is such an amazing opportunity that most cannot say they were able to do.

The ability to respond quickly to students about questions pertaining financial aid and registration. The evaluation and experience of the teachers, as well as their somewhat questionable enthusiasm for the subject.

The food, the beauty of the campus and its up-keep, and the closeness to the city.

Philadelphia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.