Philadelphia, PA
Philadelphia University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Philadelphia University

Donald

It has my major (Digital Animation), which not alot of schools have. Its close enough to home that I would be able to come home on the holdays easily. It also has some of the extra-curricular activities that I am considering.

I wish i had known of schools that were cheaper with the same educational oppurtunities.

Kali

If I were able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would advise myself to get to know more people. I would tell myself that networking is huge and the more people I get to know the more chances I will have to get a job when I get out of school. In today's economy networking plays a great part in finding a job. I am shy when I first meet people and if I got used to just talking to strangers in high school, then I would feel more comfortable doing it now in college. I have quite a few friends in college, don't get me wrong, but not nearly as many as I'd like to have. Philadelphia University is a pretty small school and it would be nice to get to know most of the people that go here.

The worst thing about Philadelphia University is the bathroom situation. As a freshman I live in a dorm with about 90 other girls sharing one bathroom. There are five toilet stalls on our main floor and then we have to go up a floor to be able to take a shower. Not only are there only a limited amount of toilets and showers but they never seem to be clean. To make Philadelphia University that much better I suggest they do something about the bathroom situation for freshman.

I actually love my school and I do not think there is anything frusterating, or at least I haven't run across anything yet. My teachers are all great, the food is good most of the time, I love all of the people that I met across campus, and the setting for the school is better than I could ask for.

Diamond

My classmates are diverse and cultured, while being teenagers and learning from mistakes they commit to gain experience.

The advice I would tell myself if I could go back in time would be to save money and create good study habits. Being in school now, I find myself limited or stressing over money issues. Not only for miscellaneous use, but I find times when I wish I saved up more money than I did for things like books and excess tuiton balances. I would warn myself that if I save money, then I won't have huge loans waiting for me when I graduate. Also, I would create good study habits because I have realized that college is not a breeze. If I do not study what the teacher says, most likely I will fail tests. Since tests count for most of your grade, you will fail classes and that is a waste of money. Good study habits help you understand topics dscussed in class and helps you recall information for tests better.

The worst thing about my school is the social life because people cling together as if we have cliques so there is never complete unity in activities.

Cara

I would tell myself as a high school senior to be more open about what schools i applied to and to look at as many schools as possible, even if i didn't think i was going to like them. Being open is very important when you are making such a major decision. Kepping an open mind also helps out in the long run, so one don't have to go throught the process of transfering. It is also important to be open so you know you make the right decision and do not have any regrets about the school that you attend. Also do not settle, there is the right school out there for everyone, it just takes some effort to find it.

Margaret

they are friendly and artisitc.

I would tell myself to relax about choosing a college, and that I would eventually find the right fit. Senior year I was so stressed that I broke out with a case of shingles over choosing a college. Looking back on things now, I know I made the right decision, the decision I was leaning towards all along, to attend Philadelphia University. I would be extremely greatful if i were awarded this 5,000 dollars. I am the youngest of six and am paying my own way through college, I work three jobs and every ounce of my money goes towards school between tuition, books, and supplies things get very expensive. If I were awarded this scolarship it woul dmean the world to my family and I. Thank you so much for your time.

ashley

Usually very talkative and assertive in what they want.

Usually very talkative and assertive in what they want.

I would definitely reconsider my dedication to the International Baccalaureate Program. Me believing it was too hard made me not take it seriously as I could've. Either I should have buckled down and do the work and be and enjoy the benefits of being a IB Diploma nominee, or choose another method of education best for me. I also would have not been so quiet like I was in high school. As a freshman, keeping to myself definitely made it tougher to build a place at my school during the next few years. Also, I would've saved up my money. Me looking back and thinking of small amounts of money i used overtime could have been saved up to become helpful in buying books or supplies for college. Overall, I would tell myself: Don't just think about doing something, go ahead and do it and don't even procrastinate in doing so. If you want change in your life, giving 100% in everything you do is the only way.

Kaitlin

My classmates are dedicated and hard working. Most of them know what they are getting themselves into. They are also very accepting and willing the give a helpful hand or suggestion when needed. Of all the types of classmates I could have gotten I really lucked out. Even the people I have met outside my major are kind and considerate. If they can help, they most certainly will try.

I wish I had explordered more of my major. I have an idea about wat I want to do and I enjoy what I'm working on in college but maybe if I had more to go on I could finally set myself on a career goal and focus myself. I also wish I had taken a few more AP exams, the passing grades would have come in handy for skipping certain required classes and I would be farther in my studies. I would have also liked to impress upon myself the importance of putting one's work ahead of entertainment. Procrastination has not been fun or something I have gotten rid of yet and maybe if I had started last year I would be better off. It would also have been nice if I had been a bit more outgoing, the first few weeks here I hadn't quite made a friend and I should have told myself to go out there and be friendly and find someone quicker. Otherwise, my transition into college has been one I have truely enjoyed.

Everybody tells you that you'll have a lot of work when you enter the architecture major. I understood that and accepted it. I realized I would have to really buckle down and focus. So far I have been able to do that but I just wish I had really stressed that fact to myself. Also, I wish I had been wiser when selecting certain classes, if I had been my GPA would have been higher. Now I'm wiser and I'm listening to advice.

Making the transition from high school to college was more difficult than I would have expected. There were many things that made this transition difficult, including the bigger work load, learning to manage my time properly, and being away from my friends and family. However if I could choose one thing to go back in time and tell my high school self it would be to not worry so much about planning my whole future. During senior year I was thinking not only about what college I wanted to go to and what major I wanted to pursue but also what kind of job I would have after college and where I would live. Since I have started college I have realized that I don't need to plan out every detail of my life right now and that I can take everything one step at a time. Knowing this during my senior year would have helped me to relax and could have saved me a lot of unneeded pressure and aggravation. I now understand that college is the stepping stone from high school to the "real world" and will help prepare me for the rest of my life.

Rick

Small and cozy with a suburban campus located close to the city. Good teacher to student ratio. Expensive but I feel that it was worth it.

Usually friendly and from diverse backgrounds and ethnicities. Students come from all over the country and world, but there are still a large amount from the area around the school.

Andrea

Dear Andrea, Right now, in high school, you have it made. You have tons of friends, get near-perfect grades, are in great shape from playing sports, and are involved in many school activities. You tell yourself that you will stay the same in college, but you wont. It is going to take time to get adjusted to college. You won't make friends right away, and you will be out of your comfort zone and shy. But that depression mood that you sink into, you need to snap out of it. Try to go to the gym and not pack on the freshmen fifteen that you currently have. Attend all freshmen events so that you meet people. And please, go to your classes. Your grades should be A's, not the B's you are going to recieve. Most importantly, you are paying an extreme amount of money for this school, so make the most of it. Enjoy your life, you can only live it once. Love, Andrea.

I had a hard time fitting in at first. I lived off campus my freshman year, and I did not meet very many people. The spring semester of freshman year however, I pledged a soroity and I instantly fit it more. This year, I am so much more satisfied at my school.

This school is not a very big party school. For students who want to party a lot and drink a lot, this school is not ideal.

Philadelphia University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.