Philadelphia University

« See more reviews of Philadelphia University

Be open. The only way that you are going to be happy is if you are open to the choices around you. Students, sell the college to your parents and they may consider it more because they know you did the research. Parents, listen. Your child is making a decision about his/her life, not yours. Yes, it may affect you financially but you will thank yourself in the long run. Students, make the most of your time by getting involved. Your professors will know your name if they see it on a playbill or on the musical selection for the open mic night. You will never have an experience if you don't put yourself out there, you can't stay holed up in a dorm room playing WOW all day and expect to make anything of your college career. Play, Learn, Be!

This school has allowed me to expand my knowledge of interior design and design in general. I have a strong foundation of learning here and the students also help to keep me expanding my mind. The fact that this school has so many forms of design: interior, architecture, graphic, animation, fashion, textile, industrial, and more allow for a creative campus and environment. Being inspired is not a challenge on this campus and I feel that as a designer and as a person, I have greatly benefited from coming to this school. The value of being able to attend a college is beyond what I ever imagine me accomplishing. The price of college would have kept me from attending if it weren't for grants and finanical aid and friends.

As an adult returning to college, I understand and appreciate more. I value the instructors time and I also demand that I learn something from every course I enroll in. Due to the increase cost of education and the decrease availability of employment , failing a course is not an option. I am more in tuned to my surroundings because I do not want to waste my time or money; if I am not recieving knowledge from the course. Graduating for me gives me a sense of completion and provides an opportunity for upward mobility. My college experience has been numerous and different for each time I enrolled into a college , this gives me a better perspective of what the qualifications and demands are needed in order to succeed.

Look for a school in an area that you want to live in first. There are a lot of great schools just about anywhere. If you go to the school that is the best for what you want to do with your life, but you're miserable in the area, then it's not worth it. You can get around basically everything that has to do with your school if you really want to, but what you can not get around is its location. I chose my school because it was in a city I wanted to live in. If this school was located anywhere else, I would be miserable. With all that the school upsets me about, I'm still happy because I'm where I want to be. I am getting a good education, but what makes it better is that it's in the city I want to live in.

I would first like to tell the parents that they make sure their child should figure out what they really want in a school and not just for picking a party school. If you are going to be paying the tuition money, make sure that the school is the right one for their child and what they want to be doing to get the most of their education. College is not just about work but it's also about social activities with friends in a safe way. College friends are the friends you keep for life. The experiences socially and educationally are the experiences you take with you for the rest of your life and you can take it to the job fields too. It helps for a team work effort within experiences throughout the college experience.

I would tell myself to relax about choosing a college, and that I would eventually find the right fit. Senior year I was so stressed that I broke out with a case of shingles over choosing a college. Looking back on things now, I know I made the right decision, the decision I was leaning towards all along, to attend Philadelphia University. I would be extremely greatful if i were awarded this 5,000 dollars. I am the youngest of six and am paying my own way through college, I work three jobs and every ounce of my money goes towards school between tuition, books, and supplies things get very expensive. If I were awarded this scolarship it woul dmean the world to my family and I. Thank you so much for your time.

If I were able to go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would advise myself to get to know more people. I would tell myself that networking is huge and the more people I get to know the more chances I will have to get a job when I get out of school. In today's economy networking plays a great part in finding a job. I am shy when I first meet people and if I got used to just talking to strangers in high school, then I would feel more comfortable doing it now in college. I have quite a few friends in college, don't get me wrong, but not nearly as many as I'd like to have. Philadelphia University is a pretty small school and it would be nice to get to know most of the people that go here.

The college student must go out and make friends. It is important to be social, but not to the point where you forget who you are. Making mistakes is apart of life. College is all about making choices suitable for the future. This means, once you leave high school you are in the real world. Do not always count parents to help in situations. College is about preparation for real life sitautions. Always be ready to stand up for what you believe. Never be afraid to fight for what you need. If you know you got an "A" on that test but you got a "B", go after the higher score, never settle for less. Follow this advice and you will be a well rounded college student.

If I could go back and tell myself anything it would be to have more self confidence. I would always worry about what others would think or say. From being at this school for the last two years it has allowed me to really find myself. In high school I was labeled by who i was friends with and what sports I played, so it was a nice change of pace to now be know for nothing other than myself. I also have learned that I need to put my slef first more becuase I was so use to trying to please others that I would forget what I really was aiming for. All together I feel that i have truely bettered my slef and I wish that high school me found that out a lot sooner.

Since I am a university ambassador, I regularly give advice to families about their college search. Definitely visit as many schools as possible, and learn about the whole school not just the program you're interested in. It doesn't hurt to give it a try and apply to schools you're not sure about. As far as the college experience is concerned, get involved! Join clubs, attend optional lectures, get an on-campus job, whatever can help a student network with the people who are a part of the university community. Freshman year is hard, it certainly had its ups and downs for me, but give new things a try and see what you can make out of it.