Philadelphia University

« See more reviews of Philadelphia University

The greastest college expierence that I've had at PHILAU can not be defined in just one way, so I will share the most memorable and positive experiences that I have had here. For one, I have a strong sense of who I want to become. I've met friends who make me feel as if I've known them my whole life. I have professors who geniunley care about not only my grades, but my well-being. I've established networking skills and have already applied them in real world situations. It was the right choice from the start and the most valuable thing that I could pass on to anyone interested in coming here is that they will find themselves too.

My college experience, thus far, has provided me with a sense of independance and maturity unlike anything I have had before. As a high school student, I was always very responsible and self-reliant, but attending college has awakened me to a whole new facet of my personality; a woman who is well-to-do in the world and who can make a difference in all that she does. If is were not for this unique experience of making my own success, truly by myself, I would never have gained the level of self-confidence and self-dedication that I now have. Thanks to college, I now know all that I am capable of, without a doubt.

i would start by telling myself to relax. everyone is new at th school and feels exactly the same way you do. talk to everyone you meet and be friendly. go to any and all clubs/organizations that you are even remotely interested in. participate in any and all professional events and take advantage of the area in which your school is located. stay connected with people from high school but dont let it keep you from making as many new friends as you can in college. have fun and dont take yourself too seriously. it is ok to party and expirament with new things. most importantly be yourself and you will do just fine.

I would tell myself as a high school senior to be more open about what schools i applied to and to look at as many schools as possible, even if i didn't think i was going to like them. Being open is very important when you are making such a major decision. Kepping an open mind also helps out in the long run, so one don't have to go throught the process of transfering. It is also important to be open so you know you make the right decision and do not have any regrets about the school that you attend. Also do not settle, there is the right school out there for everyone, it just takes some effort to find it.

Don't rush into a choice or put too much pressure on the process. Research your potential professional career and how well various schools can help you reach your goal. Visit the campus during formal tours and just on your own. Speak to students in your desired major. Watch a class in progress. When you find a college environment that fits you, you will know. Also, consider it from a practical and financial point of view. Many students find themselves deeply over-whelmed with current and future financial responsibility. Make sure you have a plan to address the student's needs.

I would tell myself to do better with his grades so that we could get more money for college, and to also do more scholarships so you could get enough money to live on-campus. The next thing I would tell my senoir self would be to work harder in baseball so other colleges would notice my talent, and maybe get invited to a be apart of a school with possibly a better sports program. The final thing I would tell my self in preparation fpor his future, would be to look for more colleges around the major we would take up, that also had a sports program in at least the division 2 area.

I have spent most of my life engaged with others in some form or other. College has really shown me how to expand my horizon and see that we all many different views, backgrounds, and beliefs. One is not more or less then the other, but we can all bring those experiences to the table and when we work towards a common goal the amount we accomplish is much greater then that of accomplishing it on our own. I have gained so much more respect for those around me and have grown to appreciate all the things that make us different yet, bring us together.

My college experience has been most valuable to me in its challenging classes, which are preparing me for a successful career path and encouraging me to continue in the direction of my passion and dreams. Also, the closeness to the city has allowed me full exploration of a suburbian area with an urban feel. Finally, I have been able to try so many different types of classes, as well as take advantage of studying abroad in the coming year, which is such an amazing opportunity that most cannot say they were able to do.

My college experience so far has been great. I love the school and the professors. The staff at the school really works well with you to make your schedule flexible. I am a mother of two (a three week old and a two year old), a military wife, and I work full time as a preschool teacher, so having a more flexible schedule is great. Also, the success that the professors have makes me want to be very successful so in the future I can have a better job and help my husband to better support our family.

I have grown tremendously as an individual, a professional, and a leader. I value the skills I have learned that enable me to be in a leadership position on campus. These skills such as working on a team, public speaking, confidence, organization, etc. have enabled me to become a stronger person and is reflected in my career ambitions. I am able to get the most out of my classes, activities, and social life because I understand the importance of my education and where it can take me in the future.