Philadelphia University

« See more reviews of Philadelphia University

To my former self: Take risks and listen to your heart. Put all your mind and effort towards a life of happiness and fufillment. Work hard at what you love and do not sacrifice your time for money. Keep true to your values and do not steal, smoke, or drink. Be creative and pay attention to detail. Listen to your friends and let others do the talking sometimes. Take opportunity to travel and absorb all you see. Choose your friends wisely and listen to your mentors. Be the cloud and rise above.

It is most important to find your passion and find a school that will connect you to that. Make a list of goals that you plan to achieve during your college experience ( aka. study abroad, internship, clubs and organizations, ect.) this will help to stay on track during your years and help make the most of it. Also make some friends that go to the colleges of your choice, it helps to know some people when you get there and also helps to get the true insight on how the school functions.

The main thing that I've learned during my college experience is that knoledge is power and it is up to the youth of today to harness that power to make a brighter and safer future for us humans and animals. I've also learned that college is hard to attend while working fulltime; Then again lifes hard, but anything you get easy truly is not worth holding on to. Education is key in this day and age and I'de love the opportunity to attend a school I'm passionate about.

If I could go back I would advise myself to visit as many colleges as possible and apply to as many schools as possible. I would encourage myself to connect with as many people that go to the college I am going to as I can before going in there so that making friends is easier. I would also advice myself to not stress out as much during senior year because it is supposed to be a fun time and it is important to make as many memories as possible.

Parents and students who are searching for the right college and making the most of their college experience should visit as many schools as possible during their search. they should make a description of their ideal school and think about what clubs or activities they would like to be involved in during college. then, they should visit the schools and decide which one has the most qualities that are similar to the list they made.

What I have gotten out of my college experience is I have become a stronger independent person. I have learned a lot about different personality types and how to deal with them. I have learned about the goals I want to achieve, where I would like to attend graduate school and the industry I would like to be apart of it. It has been vaulable because I would have not learned these things at a community college and living at home.

Consider not only the major you are currently pursuing, but also other majors that you may be interested in. I chose Philadelphia University because I was planning to major in Architecture, but now that I have changed my major to engineering, I realize that the program is a lot new, and I would have considered a few other universities had I known I would switch to engineering.

I would advise parents and/or students to do a lot of research about the schools they are interested in. visit the campuses and ask the administration plenty of questions. I also believe students and parents should look at majors similar to ones they are interested in studying. Sometimes the alternate major is a better fit than the one they were dead set on.

I have gotten quite a bit from my college experience. For one I found new and exciting ways I can reach-out to the community, gained many new friendships, and the knowledge to obtain information and keep it to memory. It is valuable to attend college, because from what you learn from the classroom you can use it in everyday instances.

The ablity to do things for myself. Being independent and learning real life problems and being able to solve them. It has been very valuable to attend college because you can only experience this once, and be able to get an education that leads you into a career is an opportunity to never pass up.