Philadelphia University Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Philadelphia University

Dana

I love the fashion design program in the school. There's a big deal going on though about the school, in general. Thomas Jefferson University bought our school, therefore we must adjust to this change. It feels weird, but I just hope the programs remain the same.

Skylar

Its a great school, with a great graphic design program. In fact, the graphic design program is rated among Drexel, Carnegie Mellon, and Boston University. There are plenty of opportunities to get involved and being in East Falls, plenty of things to do, only a short walk, bus ride, train ride, or drive away. Definitely not a party school, but there's plenty of nearby schools that are, so you can get the best of both worlds.

Tabitha

I like the area. It feels like you're in a suburban area but you are so close to Philadelphia and all it has to offer. The classes are great because it is generally a smaller class size, and the professor are always extremely helpful if you need them during their office hours or if you email them.

Sophia

Philadelphia University was definitely the right choice for me. There is a lot for me to do to get involved in and I get involved in as much as I can. The only way to get the best out of an experience is to put in your best. This is exactly what I intend to do throughout my four years at the university. The class sizes are perfect and the teacher really show their interest and support. The professors will spend as much time needed to get to know you and to realize what the best learning strategy is for you. It is safe to say that because of the small size of the university, it is a complete community that works together and cares about every individual.

Cassidy

I absolutely love attending Philadelphia University. The people, students and faculty, are nothing short of amazing. Not only are they extremely supportive, they also help you with any and everything you may need. Campus life is great and very safe. All in all, I can't imagine myself being a student at any other school.

Damaris

It's an amazing and welcoming environment. Campus feels like a small community Even to those who commute! School is based in a Lovely rural area. Great for drawing inspiration and finding beautiful things to add to your schoolwork. Small classes make you feel like more than just your ID Number.

Alyssa

Very beautiful, home-y campus. The location is close to hiking trails and the city so you get the best of both worlds! The school is relatively small, but it is nice being surrounded by familiar faces. There are many opportunities if you are willing to put in the effort.

dyani

Philadelphia University is a creative space for students who want to excel in all that they do. The opportunities are endless from the friends you make to the job opportunities you can have after graduation. There are resources for everyone that should be utilized to ensure that a student is successful in there academic career here at Philadelphia University. The campus provides a community of people that share the same goals as you: success.

Jordan

Philadelphia University has a great academic program, with helpful and experienced professors. There are extracurricular activities but not much school spirit or many school events, probably because of the lack of a football team. The campus is very pretty but the dorms are not the best quality, facilities are not always up to date and sometimes can take long to repair.

Alejandra

It's a good university to go to for design. The classes are challenging but you learn a lot about your career. The class sizes are small to medium. The professor will know the student's name. We are a division II in athletics and the student body is supportive of the Ram teams by attending games and cheering them on.

Angela

My two months here had been great so far. Students and professors here are extremely nice and helpful. Professors, during the first day, give us tutoring schedule so we can There is also something going on during the weekends. Philadelphia University is really spacious and have plenty of quite and study space.

Oumaima

I love it.

Jayden

Philadelphia University is a wonderful school to be attending. The campus is gorgeous, and I always feel welcome and safe there. The faculty are wonderful, and are always available to help if I find myself in a dilemma. Other students are amiable, and I have never had a problem with being excluded or bullied at PhilaU. Overall, I can say that I would not be happy at any other campus or university.

Anthony

Philadelphia University is an amazing school that has something for everybody on campus. Most people live on campus and the dorms are quite nice for those who want to be close to the school. More then half of the students live on campus rather than off campus housing. The food on campus can be improved but we recently just had two new head chefs take over the kitchens and I have full confidence in their talents to serve the students good tasting and healthy food. The universities facilities on campus are nice, clean, and they serve their purposes. Such as the gym which is always clean and holds a great atmosphere for all people, there are a variety of equipment as well as the basketball courts and the fact they allow us to take free private classes whether that be yoga or intense cycling. Class size is never an issue either because in my two years so far, I have not had a class with more than thirty students. The extracurricular activities are more then enough for even the most outgoing student to join. With such a diverse campus we are lucky to have so many extra activities from sports to bingos nights to pancake eating contests to the fashion show. There aren’t any close shops to the school but everything near us is only fifteen to twenty minutes away. The academics above all things are run by intelligent, engaging teachers who accept all ideas and allow conversations to flourish rather then being stopped.

Abigail

PhilaU is the perfect distance from the inner city, and the campus is beautiful. It is just a short walk from a drugstore and a cute plant store/cafe that's perfect for studying. Although you can see Center City from campus, it is in a very safe and secluded neighborhood, and all the local residents are friendly. One of the best parts of living on campus is the diversity that comes with living in a city, but with a small community feel. Professors and staff are more than willing to be a support system both in the classroom setting and within your personal life. The Resident Assistants in the dorms are always doing face mask or movie nights or special holiday activities (my favorite was pumpkin painting in October) and it makes adjusting to dorm life very easy.

Melanie

Philadelphia University is a beautiful campus with new buildings and currently one being built. It has great classes with teachers who are more than willing to work extra with you if you need. There is no football team but soccer is very popular to watch. Overall great atmosphere!