Philander Smith College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Philander Smith College

Candice

When I first got to Philander, I had a full ride scholarship. I ended up losing it due to me just not doing what had to be done, and the faculty worked with me day in and day out. We came up with tactics to help with costs, and I'm happy to say that I'm glad I stuck around. The people are always smiling even when rushing to classes. The classes can either be hybrid, online, or full time. Hybrid classes are both online and in person, the days just switch out. The hybrid classes were my favorite, because it was kind of like a break even though we still had work. Being on campus surrounded by your friends makes the experience memorable.

De'Ja

Philander Smith College is a great college that offers a lot of help to students striving for excellence academically; there are tutors for just about every subject provided free alongside with long library hours for students to complete their projects, papers, and ect. I love this friendly campus which is also continuing to grow. They are great at welcoming any new visitor/students coming on campus. The only issue I would say there is at Philander Smith College is that if a student would want to transfer to another school, they would have to retake some or even most classes as there is an amount of credits that aren't transferable... Oh! I almost forgot the maintenance requested by students should be done as soon as possible as there will be weeks passing by before they even do the job needed done. Philander Smith College is a great school overall with some dissatisfactions, but what school doesn't. The only thing I really wish is that we would have more sports here as we only have basketball, volleyball, cross-country, and indoor track-and-field.

Anqunetta

My overall opinion about Philander Smith College was that it gave me the opportunity to meet new people and Gave me the choice to gain bonds with the professors. The first time I stepped on campus the wonderful mentors had already accepted me as a family member here at Philander Smith College. WE ALL ARE ONE !

Tamira

Philander Smith College is a great school. They put their academics first and I love that. It's a very small campus, so everything is accessible. The campus feels like home. The teachers and surrounding staff members are all there to support you and wants to see you succeed.

Kerrington

My overall opinion of Philander Smith College is "not bad, but its okay". Great teachers, administration, and staff, but extremely stressful Clearance process. Somehow, the students always seem to owe the school money after every semester. But if you just wanted to go to a small private college, where you can focus and get your undergraduate degree, Philander Smith College is definitely the place for you.

Tiara

I love psc.

Savannah

My overall opinion of Philander Smith College if rating on a scale of 1-10 would be a 4.  I received a full paid academic Presidential Scholarship from them and nearly everything I was promised did not happen.  The registration process alone was very unorganized as they did not have any of my records on file and claimed I did not have a scholarship.  I tried to overlook them not being organized, but that was hard to do as things never got better.  The housing I was promised was full, so we were put in what seemed like small jail cells.  The food was not good, yet I was expected to use my food card to eat there.  The campus is not in the greatest neighborhood, yet we were in a room that did not even have a working lock at one time.  Overall my professors were good and I feel like I have learned a lot at Philander.  I learned many things that will help me in my future.  I learned to survive in a bad situation and my biology teacher is awesome.  She has been one of the reasons I even stayed at Philander.  She goes above and beyond to teach us and help us learn the best ways to study.  I think if the school was more organized they would have a better success rate.  Unfortunately, I am willing to give up a full ride due to nothing going as I was promised.  Being at Philander has taught me to grow up and accept the fact that things may not always go as planned, but it will also teach me to appreciate other campuses even more.

Destiny

Every school has their downfall but philander has molded me to be the Philander Woman that I am becoming. It is family oriented and everybody knows everybody if not you at least know their name. There are some professors and staff that care so much and they actually get involved.

Ra'Maun

I love the campus, it’s full of people who look and act like me. Philander is one if the best things to happen to me, and has multiple opportunities for me to be great! This HBCU is full of people the accept me and has amazing Greek life, academics and community.

Within the cultural and academic soil of HBCU higher education, Philander Smith College exists to grow christlike character that is Scripturally disciplined; others-serving; God-loving; Christ-proclaiming; and focused above. With a very condusive atmosphere for learning.