Piedmont College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Piedmont College

Josy

Pros - very small class sizes (usually 10-30 students per class) - most professors are nice, caring, and accessible during office hours - for the most part, the staff is willing to answer questions you have or assists you with your needs - campus is extremely safe - students are closely knit, you are not just a number - small campus - located in rural, Northeast GA mountains; about 1.5 hours from ATL, 1.5 hours from Athens Cons - parking is bad; barely any parking spots - roads around campus are more like driveways than roads (very narrow, poorly-paved roads) - administration at Piedmont College is slow to notify students about major events happening (i.e. it took about a month for the campus to release COVID-19 statistics and many students had to advocate strongly to get the statistics released; the campus is slow to notify if inclement weather will prevent students from safely returning to class) - wifi can sometimes be slow, and so can cell phone sevice

Carson

The class sizes are small and the professors really make the effort to get to know students. Professors are available during office hours and through email and endeavor to help students when they need help. The college also provides free tutoring services and opportunities for internships for students. Piedmont has a very active athletic program with most students on campus being involved in some form of athletics, but the college also has other clubs and organizations for students who are not athletes. The fine arts program is also a big part of campus life with various concerts and theater performances offered for students to attend for free.

Amari

Piedmont College overall is a great academic environment with almost no distractions. No parties on campus and an alcohol-free institution. The school is not diverse with less than 10% of the student population African-American. There is no football team but all other sports teams are highly competitive in NCAA DIII conferences. The food on campus has little taste, but there is a small variety of the types of food served. The professors are very helpful and will commit their time in assisting students in need. There is a free, on-campus, tutoring center where students can obtain extra help. The institutions facilities are in great shape and the campus is taken care of.

David

I think Piedmont is a great fit for me despite the minor flaws it contains. The campus housing is old and needs to be renewed but living on-campus in the dorm expanded my social life and helped me make many new friends. In the areas that the school lacks, it can be overlooked by the many benefits of the school. I believe that overall Piedmont College is a great school for a person that enjoys getting to know people and prefers a small campus.

Tiffany

I couldn't imagine that the education experience could be better. Four out of five professors are always available and willing to help, and the classes are appropriately challenging. However, the social experience isn't very good. There's a lot of cliques on campus. Also, the athletic department could be either great or awful depending on what sport you're involved with. For example, Piedmont college seems to care a great deal about the baseball team, however there is no interest from the athletic department for the golf team. I wouldn't recommend Piedmont for anything other than education opportunities.

katherine

I am grateful for the instructors, yet there is not a chance to really meet other individuals who are interested in your field of study. The teachers are workers are excellent, I have had a hard time with students being disrespectful from a higher social class. Other than the fact of rude peers who have said mean remarks to me and not relating to a lower social class that attend Piedmont, the learning experience is great.

Anslyn

I like it here a lot at Piedmont, all the teachers are always willing to help you out if you ask. I play soccer here at the school and I love how competitive sports are here, and love that there's always a good crowd at all sporting events. The academics are also great and enhance your education a lot.

Jasmine

This is a great school, you have some descent teachers that are wanting their students to succeed and you can go to them when you have a problem or don't understand something. The dining area is a very nice place to get something to get and they always have a wide variety of foods, its like a buffet. They have a gym and different areas for you to study in and big classrooms. It is a very nice college and it looks very well also.

Mariana

Piedmont College does a great job of making college feel like home. Most freshmen fear being homesick. However, in the close, friendly environment Piedmont has between students and faculty, you always have someone to count on. The professors are always there to help. There are many clubs and activities for everyone to find a place where they belong and become involved in campus.

There is never anything fun to do on campus. Small class sizes and lack of places for students to go makes the campus boring

Rickey

Piedmont College was a pleasure to attend. It is located in a small town, but the people have big hearts. The professors are accessible and care a great deal about the students as people. There is lots to do on campus. It is where I met my best friends!

Great professors, small class size, great small town, but very expensive. Financial aid and other departments are very accessible though and are willing to help however they can. I came in as a transfer student and the admissions office made the transition so easy. My advisor has checked on me several times to make sure I was adjusting well. New student commons complex with several things to do.

Anna

I love it, it is peaceful and I enjoy the setting. I feel safe and at home there. Everyone is very nice and gets along. It's a closenit group and everyone knows everyone. The teachers interact well and I believe I will learn a lot from them and gain the information I need for the future.

Piedmont College is a small, but extremely friendly College. The teachers genuinley care about the success of their students and are more than willing to give advice on academics, and otherwise if asked. The students are for the most part sincere hardworking students. There are dozens of extra activites offered on campus and there is a good shopping area not to far away. The only complaints I have are the lack of parking areas and that there are no shuttles to take students to or from the shopping area, which is a 45 minute walk.

Christine

I truly love the campus and academic culture at Piedmont

Donald

Piedmont College has usually been like a home with a huge teenage family to me. Whenever I get to spend time in it, I at least have teenager versions of a mom, dad, uncle, aunt, cousin, and so forth. Sometimes we even call our professors aunts or uncles as well. I really look forward to spending four years with the people at Piedmont College, and it will be so much fun.

Isabel

Piedmont College is a school I have deeply mixed feelings about. I've thoroughly enjoyed all of my classes and the faculty are fantastic - with very few exceptions, the professors here are fairly accessible and extremely helpful if you come to them with questions or problems. However, residential life leaves much to be desired. The freshman dorms are very old and often have issues with bugs and black mold; this fortunately doesn't seem to be the case with the upperclassman dorms, but if you plan on living on campus for all four years, be prepared to deal with both of those things. Socially, Piedmont students tend to be very cliquish, a problem which is exacerbated by the fact most students participate in athletics, and athletes tend to stick with their teams. Most students go home for the weekend (understandably so), so don't expect to have a lot to do outside of classes other than homework and the occasional event hosted by residential life or the campus activities board. In short: great school academically, not so great school socially.

Dakota

Piedmont College has a beautiful campus, with a homey feel to it. Everyone knows everyone and people are very friendly and willing to help each other out. The food is beyond amazing in the cafeteria. It is a small town surrounding the campus but there is always something to do it seems. I can not wait to become a Piedmont Lion this upcoming fall semester.

Alexis

Piedmont is a beautiful campus. I love the class sizes, you can focus better since the teacher-student ratio is small. I love the variety on campus both with students and majors. They have so much to do and make the transition easier for freshmen. They offer multiple opportunities for orientation as well. The campus is organized, and they offer counselling services. I like that the professors know the students by name and are open to talking to students outside of office hours.

Piedmont College is very goal-driven. If you are looking for a school to waste time and party, this is not the school for you. Piedmont has a wide variety of ages and students in all stages of life. Campus life is not very big, but the education you will receive is great. The class sizes are small and the professors are always available. Piedmont is a school that wants you to succeed.