Piedmont Virginia Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Piedmont Virginia Community College

Marion

It's a nice community college

Use your sources and reach out. I know it is cliche, but do not be afraid to ask questions. This is the cheapest option BY FAR!!!!! Keep your options open in deciding on whether or not you want to go to a 4-year school or community college. I think Community college is your best option if you are wanting a cheap option, have no clue what major you want to go in, and if you want to continue living at home for a bit.

Honestly, I love it here. Attending Piedmont Virginia Community College was the best decision I've made for myself, and I'm sure that it will be the perfect school for others, as well. The staff are fantastic, and are always there for you, even outside of office hours. The facilities are very high-quality, the food is affordable, and student activities are plentiful and fun. The arts programs are fantastic, and I'm currently loving a violin class I'm enrolled in. There's plenty of great things to do nearby, and the overall atmosphere of the campus is fantastic. If you haven't already, I would emphatically suggest checking out this great school!

Kat

Better than many other community colleges. Could up their food game and accessibility. I dont enjoy the atmosphere in the student center. Its loud and annoying. I wish they would tone it down a bit so you could relax there. More club sports would be cool too, or possibly more diverse selection of PE classes.

Rebekah

I am currently a high school student but I am working on my associates degree at Piedmont Virginia Community College. I quite like it. The classes are fun and I have learned a lot. The staff are nice as well. Overall I am very impressed with Piedmont Virginia Community College.

Delaney

I love the atmosphere of the people, campus, and professors. I feel that I am given a quality education and I am interested in many of my classes. I have had great experiences with my professors and made friends very quickly. I recommend attending PVCC to any student looking to explore the college atmosphere and potentially prepare for a four year university.

Christiana

This is a very good school that I would highly recommend, especially if you are unsure what you want to do professionally or don't know where to take your first step. The professors are wonderful and provide high level education for their students. The PVCC faculty are very friendly and helpful as well. There could be more student spaces, but overall, it is a welcoming environment with a good bit of student activities to take part in.

Ansley

PVCC is a very good school. All the students and Professors are friendly and welcoming. If you are having trouble in class there always be someone there to help you out. They offer great transfer programs.There is no housing. It is a community college. The food is ok, but it is on the pricey side.

Kendall

Piedmont Virginia Community College has been the perfect fit for me. The professors are always available to students and helpful in any way they can be. There is an amazing sense of community with everybody on campus.

If you're looking for a good 2-year community college with strong academics and small class sizes, as well as good online options, PVCC is a good choice. I have been happy with their program and it has saved me a ton of money which helping me determine what I what field I want to go in to.

Sean

It's an interesting place so far, but you have to be willing to put in a bit of effort with the financial aid office to make sure they get your stuff done. Also, there are no on or off campus dorms. You drive to the place, take your class, then go home. There is a bus that goes there so it's not really that big of an issue.

Kalia

It's a very good school academic wise. The teachers are nice and the small class sizes are very intimate. Anything other than class, sucks. We have no sports as we are a community college and many of the activities offered really aren't that fun. The food is also waaaay expensive and limited.

Alex

Piedmont Virginia Community College has provided with a good education. Some of the professors I had have been some of the best ones in my academic/educational career. They genuinely go out of their way to learn you name and who you are as an individual. They have set me up to be successful for when I go on to a four year college.

Anna

The education that I have received so far is top notch. For the amount I am paying I am receiving a quality education. Overall the professors or more qualified than I would have thought going into a community college. I would like to see an expansion of associates degrees and more emphasis on students health and exercise though.

Asia

I like piedmont because they have issued me many grants to continue my education, I was able to graduate from there this may with an AS in general studies debt free. I was then able to transfer to Mary Baldwin easily and now I am enrolled there. I still Have some scholarships left to use at PVCC for more classes if I want too.

Dixie

I think it is a good school to start off with.

Dawn

This program is a well respected program. The pass rate for the nursing boards is very high for graduates from PVCC. Local employers like to hire graduates from PVCC because they have a well rounded education and are well prepared to be bedside nurses. I am proud to say that my first step in my nursing career began at PVCC

Jenny

Amazing diagnostic medical sonography program. Very affordable, small classes, excellent clinical opportunities and professors. You get tons of scan time even the first semester and start clinicals the second semester. Pass rate on boards is high. If you make it in and want to be a sonographer you will.

Piedmont Virginia Community College has been my first public school experience after being a home school student for the entirety of my education through high school. PVCC has been a great first step on the path of my educational career (as I plan to transfer to a 4 year university in the fall of 2020). I have learned much from my instructors and fellow students and am eager to take what I've learned to my next opportunities.