Colorado Springs, CO
Pikes Peak Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pikes Peak Community College

Kelly

PPCC is a very nice school for the beginning of one's college journey. Faculty are always willing to help and the resources are plentiful. Sometimes it is difficult to meet with professors outside of class, but they are more often than not, able to communicate effectively through email.

charis

they are a very well put together school with there academics strongly put first with many places and opportunities to study and receive help. The students there are kind and caring and everyone is willing to help everyone because we're all there to pass together. It's not an academic competition.

Terri

It is a good value in terms of finances, and the classes are smaller, which allows teachers to focus more on individual students and their needs. The overall atmosphere is clean and friendly and it has a beautiful view of the mountains. It is a great school for getting an associates or completing pre-requisite classes, but if your looking for a party school, move along...this isn't it.

Erin

It is a great school to transition to after high school. Everything and everyone is organized. All the teachers and staff are willing to help and are friendly. I feel safe with the volunteer police officers. All the services are easily accessed and the online aspect of each class is extremely helpful

Victoria

Overall, Pikes Peak Community College is a place for learning. It's reasonable tuition for in-state students is great for independent students. I don't think you should go here if you are involved in many sports or clubs. Although, the teacher to student ratio is nice.

Brianna

I enjoy being at Pikes Peak but i would rather be at a college where I can live in a dorm and get the whole college experience. I enjoy all of the classes but some of the professors seem as though they do not care. The professors teach what ever they want and some of their topics are not close to the curriculum that we need to learn for our degrees.

Edna

No matter what events you encoutner in your life; whether it is a broken heart, family problems or anything else stay focused on your goal. College provides you with the opportunity to see the world in a different light. It makes you question your traditions, believes and out look about the world. This allows you to grow and make your own decisions. A college education requires focus, persevereance and most importantly an open mind. Most importantly the knowledge and expereince you gain throughout your college years will provide you with a means to support yourself financially and open new doors of opportunity for your future children. An educated parent is an inspiration to his/her children. Stay focused! In the words of Master Yoda "Do or do not. There is no try." and "Always pass on what you have learned."

What I like about Pikes Peak Community College are the professors. They have the knowledge and most importantly the experience on the subject matter they teach. I value the experience the most because I believe that is the best way to learn.

Any person, whether a current high school student, recently high school graduate or a non-traditional student like me who seek a quality education should attend Pikes Peak Community College. The professors at PPCC are highly qualified and very knowledgeable in the subject they are teaching.

There is a lot of advice I would give my high school senior self. First off i would be telling myself to fill out as many or all scholarship opportunities because loans stack up and then you become in debt before you even blink. I would also give advice on getting a job and saving up for a car to get to school and home because figuring out how to get to school then home is rough, especially when it is snowing out of control. Taking some college courses in high school would have been something I should have taken advantage of but I did not. Also some adivce is exploring the major you would want to go into because changing your major in the middle of the year makes you start all over. Learning out to balance your studies and homework before college is something I should have learned but did not.

What is most frustrating about my school is the tutoring because most tutors are students but don't know how to do a majority of the stuff you need to know. For example I went to math tutoring for my test and used the methods I was taught yet I was still wrong on the tests, so basically I was given the wrong information. For tutors we need teachers someone who is a profession in the subject we need besides our own teacher.

Olivia

I would tell myself to figure out who I want to be in the world. I would also tell myself to look for scholarships and always work hard.

The worst thing about PPCC is that there are no classes that go on days back to back during the week.

The most frustrating thing about PPCC is that financial aid and advisors can be difficult to talk too. Sometimes they give the wrong informationa nd do not seem well informed.

Cassandra

My school is inspiring and doable with all the resources and classes they offer to fit your schedule, with motivating and understanding staff to help you get where you need, to get what you need without feel like your just another number, and are respectuful in your choices of what you want to pursue in the future.

If I'm looking back to high school senior me, I would tell her to take notes on what I'm abou to say. I will tell her to stay focused on her grades and her boyfriend can wait. I would tell her she needs good concentration and efforts on tests and exams to get a better grade throughout the whole senior class. I would tell her to get orginized and follow and step by step list on how to get and stay orginized. I would also tell her to relax and have some fun every now and then and don't get too caught up in school. I would advise high school me to have already looked at colleges, their programs and tuition and work harder to get financial aid. I would tell her to stop spending her paychecks on clothes and save up for school or even her own car. I would advise her to stay positive and happy. I wouldn't believe her if she said she would marry her high school boyfriend, but keep her inspiring herself and her boyfriend to make smart educational choices.

I don't agree that any kind of person shouldn't attend this school. There are many people out there who are lazy, procrastinators and don't believe in themselves. I think attening this school can help all of those types of people to help accomoplish class by class to ultimately get their "dream job". They are so helpful and motivating, they make you want to prove to yourself that you can do anything.

Pikes Peak Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.