Colorado Springs, CO
Pikes Peak Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pikes Peak Community College

brianna

the professors are amazing. i like each of my culinary teachers

the professors are amazing. i like each of my culinary teachers

Don't start soft. Don't take that semester off. The Air Force won't take you. Find the passion you want in life and run with it. It's ok to not getin the military, but be proactive with your life and grab the bull by the horns. Don't bother with boys, and under no curcumstances drop out and marry a boy!!!! do this for you and no one else. Someone will come along and show you why it never worked out, and they will want you to continue school. Love more and worry less. Let yourself see how others think. Be open. He isn't your life so don't let him be.

my culinary professors actually worked around the world and i think thatas awesoome

Charity

I would have told myselfo to finish my high school education rather than opting for a GED and continue directly to a 4 year university.

I wish I had known to enter the school with a determined major so I could have avoided wasting money taking classes that are not applicable to my degree.

They have various campuses throughout the city for convenience. There are now even military-only campuses on a couple bases here.

Mackenzee

I am Mackenzee Heath. The one and only, Mackenzee Heath. But it took me a lot of learning, struggles and mistakes to get to where I am now. It took almost; too long to become the real person I wanted to be. If I could go back into time, and talk to myself as a high school student, there are four main things I would advise myself to and of course, not to do. For ever year that you move up, I would advise something new to work and concentrate on that year. Freshman year, I would say to get to know the high school you're attending. Open houses, transition days, etc. Sophomore year, focus on a good relationship with your parents who are the two people who will naturally always love you and want good for you. Junior year, I would say is scholarship and grants year. There are so many out there to take advantage of before it?s too late. Apply, apply, and apply! For senior year, I would say is college year. Look into as many colleges as possible. Visit the colleges. Just like freshman year all over. And of course, make sure to graduate!!!

I think that the best thing about my school right now is the location. It is located near my house and near my current job. I also like the 60 to 60 credit transfer opportunities the school offers. Another great thing about Pikes Peak is the teachers that actually care about outside lifes as well and are very understanding. The way they put effort torwards the classes that will help is probably another one of the best things about my school.

There are three campuses. When you sign and register for classes, you always have to take those campuses into considerationg for your location as well. I also wish that I knew the prices of the classes and would have worked harder for scholarships, grants, loans and other financial aid that is out there and available.

don

that is a question i dont believe i have the answer to.

that is a question i dont believe i have the answer to.

If i could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself that college is the only thing that is gonna help you to pursue your lifes dreams. I would also tell myself that the future is only as bright as I allow it to be and that there is lot's of oppuratunity's out there, you just need to keep your eyes open and reach for the sky's. dont ever settle for less and do your hardest to be the best at what ever you choose to do.

i wish i knew more about this school and it programs and what this school can do for me.

The students, instructors, and other staff are one of the best group of people, very helpful and motivational!

Everyday you may come across a challenge, just take it one day at a time and try not to get stressed out. I like to think of life as challenge all in its self. "Everything in life that is worth having is a challenge, if it wasn't a challenge it wouldn't be worth having." That is how I feel about college and working towards a degree. Just have pride in everything you do and know that you strive to be the best everyday. Know that one day you will have that degree and you deserve it so much after all the hard work!

I wish I would have known what a great experience that this college was going to give me, I probably would have started right away.

Kristina

My classmates are focused and driven to get where they want to be after college.

The advise I would give myself is do not get caught up in drama, focus on your education, do your homework, and when asked always give the professer a nice temperment. College is like high school just with a lot more frredom but do not take this freedom for what it is worth, go to class and get the education you are paying for. Always focus on the future when class gets boring and do not let your parents or roomates take the time you need for homework and make you do something else. It is ok to go out and have fun if your grades are where they should be and all your homework is done for the next school day. This is what I would tell myself if I could go back in time and give advise.

I consider the worst thing about my school is the many campuses we have. It takes thirty mintues to get to each campus depending on where your classes are. Then classes are ten mintues apart so your late getting to your next class and you miss half the lecture.

Janel

There is a variety of student in my school. There are students straight from high school, like myself and there are older students, like parents. I really like the attitudes of the students because they aren't there because they have to be, but they are there because they want to be so everyone seems to be eager to learn. Alot of tthe student want to get as much out of college as possible andjust as eager as they are to learn they are eager to help other classmates, even if they don't know them.

I began my senior year not knowing what college to go to or what I would be majoring when I started college. That lead me to decide to go to community college. At Pikes Peak Community College there is a 60-60 program, which means after you've completed the first 60 credits to earn your Accociates you can transfer them to a select college in state, and a few out of state. So I'm not limited in my choices for where I move on to after community college. That is what I really appreciate about my school.

If I was able to go back to myself as a senior in high school I would probably try to mentally prepare myself more and also research the classes and majors offered. College in some ways was easier to begin with, there were less classroom hours and you could choose your class times to an extent. I wish I would have looked more closely my senior year, when signing up for classes, for the classes offered for both of the degrees. I hadn't payed attention and an advisor for people with undecided majors or degrees told me to take a class that went with accociates of arts, when I decided later on to do an accociates of science degree. I took the class and struggled and it isn't gaurenteed to transfer. Also more research on what career would interest me would have been better because I could have gotten started knowing my major and degree from the beginning.

Deangelo

If I were to go back to talk to myself as a high school senior I would say to myself that I should visit as many colleges as I can and apply for as many scholarships and funds for college. I would also tell myself that college life is very different from high school and making the transition is a very important step once I have graduated with a diploma. I would also stress that I should take the ACT (and the SAT) in order to get into a very good college. Colleges look at ACT and SAT scores along with a high school student's grade point average (or GPA) so they can decide which students they'll permit on to campus. The last thing I should mention to myself is that going to college for the first time can be very intimidating and very stressful (especially when paying for college is thrown into the equation), however, the important thing for me to remember is to have fun in college, expand upon the boundaries of my life, and not to stress too much!

One thing I wish I would have known about Pikes Peak Community College is with the overall size of it. I am still overwhelmed by the atmosphere of the facility, but I think that the more I actually go to this place, the intimidation and anxiety that I currently feel will probably go away...

I am not sure if this is frustrating or not, but...The one thing that bothers me the most about Pikes Peak Community College is the fact that I have to advocate for myself and the responsibility is on me and me alone. So basically, the stress that I get from coming into the place is quite overwhelming...And I haven't even started a class yet...Not until this summer...

Kendall

What I consider the worst at my school is communication with the online classes. To succeed, both student and instructor need to be respondent with eachother. Many difficulties occured with homework or tests trying to be turned in or a certain question asked to recieve an answer the following weeks when the subject did not matter any more. Of all, communication with online classes would help extremely both student and instructor.

?Don?t be angry at me. . .? responded the twinkling, blue eyed professor to his students the first day of class. ? I am not hard, the subject I teach is hard!? I would have digested this advice given by a teacher of such high recommendations in high school if I had the chance of recognizing the advantage it has in college. When I was younger, I was pessimistic, usually blaming the teacher for a grade I thought I should have received higher. When I walked into my college Biology class of Human Anatomy and Physiology, I realized most of my time would be devoted to this one subject. I would tell myself as a high school senior don?t blame the person for what you receive as an overall grade because how much you study is what you get out of the class. If I wish to receive an A, I will study for 30-40 hours a week. Do not blame the teacher for giving their knowledge of the subject to the students. ?The teachers passed the subject obviously, its not impossible!? (Jessica, 01/21/10)

There are no following fustrations with the school I am now attending.

Laura

If I went back in time knowing what i know now, theres only one thing that comes to mind. "Do what feels right to you", First of all no mater what you say or teach a person about college or real life its up to them to learn it. For example I was always told by oder friends and family that in order to achieve anything you have to try. Of course I realy didn't know what "trying" felt like so i tried to brease my way through everything, turns out you really do need to try your absolute hardest to achieve what you want in school and in life. We as people have an instict or "gut" as some refer to it as. This "gut" is what tell us whats wrong and wht right, If you follow your "gut" or what feels right, you will end up where you are now. No matter how terrible or great "now" may seem, Its the path you chose and the path you should be proud of.

The kind of person who is either indecisive about what field of study they would like to go into, or the person who knows what they want to achieve in both their career and in life. If you are indesisive here is pleanty of help along the way. Otherwise If you know what you want Pikes peak community college will point the way for your masters in your specified field.

The school is a comfortable environment, not only is it small but the aministration and faculty are very friendly. I like the fact that the school if covered with the studends art, I enjoy viewing the art on the way to my classes. And most of all, the fact that there is a school there for me to attend and higher my education.

Pikes Peak Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.