Tucson, AZ
Pima Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pima Community College

john

You are an extremely smart young man, but that wont get you through college. You need to develop better habits for your approach to school. First, you need to stop smoking weed. Although you can function as a normal person in our sciciety, weed is your greatest downfall. Once you remove it from your life, everything will get easier to you. Second, you need to develop study habits. I know you can get by in high school without a minute of studying but that wont cut it in college. You will need to set aside time and actually review the material multiple times every day. Last you need to start talking more. The things you want, you will get if you just open your mouth and let your mind out. This also coincides with the first step, but you shouldn't be scared to let people know what you're thinking once in a while. Take my advice and you will turn an awesome life into an extraordinary life.

Study, ask questions and study more.

Nicholas

Students come from all types of backrounds, usually trying to better themselves by getting an education.

I would tell myself to focus on my grades. That there is no help for you like I assumed their would be. Instead of focusing on working and getting money, you should make sure you have the grades to get the scholarships because Financial Aid is not going to help you. Money seemed important then, but now I'm still poor and I have to pay for my education as well. I would have told myself to stop doing drugs. To stop being anti-social. To stop trying to be the cool guy. I wish I could go back and change these things, but the truth is I can't. I've been branded the loser and the only way to change that is to study hard and prove that I'm a winner.

Khadijah

If I could back in time as a high school senior I would definitely take scholarships more seriously and actually heed the warnings about applying for them and knowing their worth. Not only scholarships but my grades alone. I would have taken my senior year a smidge more serious as well. A successful college career requires diligent, dedication, sacrifice, and hard work. Nothing in life woth while comes easy and this certainly applies to post secondary education; as gloomy as this sounds college is a "weeding" process. Many people start college but only a few actually succeed and finish. Dilligence, dedication, sacrifice, and hard work are what "weed" out people. I would tell myself dont second guess and anything is possible if I aim my mind to it. Stars are the limit.

The food! It is greasy and slimey and overpriced adn leaves a... persnickety smell. My last spring semster I always had a classmate come in and come plain how they never had any food available during the rushes. Not only change the food but have more opptions for Pima does have hundres and hundres of students with all different types of appetites.

Austen

Classmates at Pima are very diverse and intersting and often are interested in study groups and making friends.

My school is best known for providing affordable college level eduacation and for having an outstanding medical program.

I would advise myself to focus on building public speaking, cognitive reading, and time mangagement skills to prepare me for the in class activities, vast books, and the difficult juggling act of balancing school and the rest of life. I would ask that I evaluate my worldview and my opinions on a variety of subjects to prepare myself for discussions with proffesors and fellow students. I also would tell myself that I should begin looking for ways to give back to my community.

andrew

Pima Community College is diverse, challenging, convenient and most importantly, it is an affordable path leading to a four year college.

My classmates to this point are the true meaning behind college diversity.

No matter when or where you go to school make sure you want to be there for you and no one else. Treat school like a career where you are trying to satisfy yourself and never settle for the bare minimum. There will be courses you excel in and others you will struggle with, always aim for the "A". Never underestimate the power of helping others. If you are able to explain something to someone else it truly means you understand it as well. Keep your mind as open as your books and you will do fine. School is going to be expensive so get every cent you pay for. Oh, and if you want to buy some stock in Apple Inc. that wouldn't hurt either. Have an amazing future.

Adrian

Pima Community College is a great place to get a quality education from experienced professionals, and all for an affordable and reasonable price.

I am currently majoring in Bio-Medical Engineering. If I were to give some advice to myself as a high school senior I would start by emphasizing the need to study math. Math is such a huge part of engineering, and it will definitely be useful once you get to college. Also practice writing essays. You will need it for your writing prerequisites, and you will use it in engineering and physics reports. I would recommend learning more about chemistry and biology, so you will have a good foundation already before you get to college. Always make sure to be courteous to teachers. They are only doing their job, same as you are doing yours, and most teachers hugely appreciate someone who is kind and understanding. Also make sure to learn more about a teacher before you sign up for their class. A good teacher can help you for life, but a bad one will confuse you and make your life miserable. Always try your hardest, do your best, and don't settle for second place. Whatever discomfort it may cause in college will be worth it for the whole rest of your life.

I brag about the fun things I do with the teachers, the good times in the library, and how the teachers have actually worked in the fields they are now teaching.

Jose

A good, cheap start for transferring over to a four-year university.

A good, cheap start for transferring over to a four-year university.

I would plead to myself to make every high school academic moment count. I can not stress enough the influence that has in college. You reap what you sow, so doing well in high school will be great for a college future. And to just bare with it. I know I understood everything and memorized it all, causing me to be bored all the time, but to just do the work. To leave all else aside, because all the things I did other than school, they mean nothing now. To learn how to value time, because now I look back and wish I could change things. I do not regret anything, but there are still things I wasted all my time on. To forget about my then girlfriend, because all she was was trouble, and she really took more of my time than anything else. And to just understand that growing up is not easy. Things change, and rarely for the better. I just really want to say: "Hold on. Brace yourself. Life is coming like a train, and no matter what you do, its gonna hit you. But if you are prepared, maybe it will not hurt as much."

They are well known for preparing students to transfer to the University of Arizona prepared and ready for their future endievers at a higher level.

If given the opportunity to go back in time I would tell myself to go big and never give up no matter what fell in my way. I would let myself know that caring what others thought about how I was going about my educational career did not matter, and that I should do what I believed was the best course to follow. I would advice myself to trust my intuition and go with my first choice more often, it almost always turned out to be the correct one. I would also tell myself that procrastinating will get you nowhere fast; It is always better to get things done right away and in the most time efficient manner I am capable of. The best advice I could give myself though would be to do this for myself and not try to make anyone other than me happy, it will only discourage you if you rely on others to make your journey in education a fantastic one. Do it for you, there are plenty of other things you can do for friends, family and the community.

The academic advisors are not always clear when giving advice or looking up information about financial aid.

Margaret

It is a great place to start get a "second chance" for an education. I had been out of school for 25 years and was able to get back into the swing of things without a problem. I am just finishing my second semester and cannot wait to see what my future has in store for me. Pima Community College has helped me overcome my fears and encourages me to go beyond my expectations.

SInce i restarted my college career last Fall, I have often thought back to when I was a senior in high school. In my family just getting a high school diploma was a big deal. I was scared and unsure what I would do after I graduated. I got decent grades in high school but did horrible in math. I never pushed myself and thought that I was not smart enough to "get math". I had several obsticles with a mother who was an addict and father who was not present. I worked full time and had juggled school. When I went to college, I did not take it as seriously as I could have. If I was informed about how to financially get though school I would have done better. I was on my own and when it came to paying for my education or to support myself I had to make a choice. If I could go back I would tell myself that I was smart and capable of doing anything that I put my mind to. I would also tell myself to find a way to make college happen with the resources available, the possibilities are endless!

I attended PCC right out of high school. At that point in my life, my financial and personal circumstances did not allow me to do well. I wish I knew that mistakes made 25 years ago would affect me when I registered in the Fall of 2013. I was placed on academic probation for financial aide until I can improve my GPA and completion rate. I am well on my way by earning straight A's for the past two semesters.

Pima Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.