Tucson, AZ
Pima Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pima Community College

Francisco

This school is awsome in that the classes are small in size and their is help for all the courses you need to take here from tutors in the learning center for free.

Transitioning to college is scary but you can do it. Focus on school and help yourself. Don’t try to help others before you finish college. You will be more useful to others with a degree then without one. Also don’t be afraid of taking the hard classes. They will be challenging but well worth your time and effort. And if you ever get stuck in your coursework don’t be afraid to ask for help from a friend or a tutor. They will help you tremendously achieve your goals. I know you are a very shy person but get over it. Going through college will help you overcome this and make you a stronger person.

Steven

Their Nursing and their Vetrinary and auto tech programs. It is also and incentive that if you graduate from this school you are guaranteed admission into any state University.

Don't stop going just because you wanna make money. I did that and set myself behind many years. Even though you are making money now it doesn't mean you always will. Stick it out and finish, and you will have a better future int he long run.

Anyone who wishes to better themselves either for a better career, or just for self satisfaction. This school is open and accepting of all people from all backgrounds.

Breanna

Hardworking, loyal, honest, driven people.

Hardworking, loyal, honest, driven people.

Do not be scared to ask for help, and to reach out for a helping hand. Your going to need it. Take in every moment you can. Enjoy it, but do your work. Keep up the great work, you've come so far; and you will go so much further if you keep pushing.

A person who is trying to get as much schooling out of the way as possible, if not everything.

Michaela

Highly motivating and encourager of acheiving personal academic excellence.

Highly motivating and encourager of acheiving personal academic excellence.

Work hard and do not think that you are incapable of conquering big work loads! College will be hard and you will have to manage your time, money and other resources with your degree in mind.

That the Professors make you work hard to learn and understand the information they are teaching you.

Anouk

This is by far on of the best community colleges I've encountered. The teachers really do look out for you and want to help you succeed, and the variety of classes to take is unreal. There are various campuses around tucson, so it's easy to find a campus convenient to you.

Like any community college, the stereotype is lazy students. Sure, there are some, but any school has them. There are so many different people here from different backgrounds that are here for many reasons, and that's what makes Pima such a great place, they welcome all.

Wonderful. Like I had said initially, the variety is amazing. The teachers really do care about your success i class, and will respond if you reach out to them. The transfer programs definitely prepare you for the next step in your college/uni career as well.

Christal

If I could give the high school me any advise I would tell myself to get a job in a hospital immediatly to discover where I'd like to work before finishing classes towards a job I might not be interested in. I would also tell myself to get loans, volunteer and do whatever it takes to remain a full time college student. I use to think that I could juggle a full time job and part time school but I ended up needed more classes and stressing too much over bills. Now I am motivated enough to know that I will do whatever it takes to finish as soon as I can because I never would've believed that at 24 I would still need 3 more years of school.

The worst thing about my school is the unorganization. You can call two different people with the same question and get completely different answers. It is also almost impossible to get any same day counseling or any kind of same day faculty help. I believe this is due to unorganized scheduling and filing of paperwork.

People that have finished their general education requirements for an associates degree should not attend pima community college because they do not offer degrees higher than an associates.

gisela

My classmates are very diverse in personality, race, age etc. We are all there for the same reasons, to learn and recieve our General Education credits to then hopefully transfer onto a University.

My school has 5 different campus that are in every side of town which makes it convienant for all students wanting to attend

The advice I would give myself as a high school senior is to enjoy every moment of it. Have fun, join clubs, run for royalty, take not only your required classes but electives that really interest you. Your senior year flies by and although your counting down the days till graduation do everything to make it a memorable last year of high school with your friends because after high school your out onto the real world and everything changes. As for your classes dont let senioritis take over, work your hardest aim to be top 10 in your class because it will all pay off in the end with better college oppertunities.

john

You are an extremely smart young man, but that wont get you through college. You need to develop better habits for your approach to school. First, you need to stop smoking weed. Although you can function as a normal person in our sciciety, weed is your greatest downfall. Once you remove it from your life, everything will get easier to you. Second, you need to develop study habits. I know you can get by in high school without a minute of studying but that wont cut it in college. You will need to set aside time and actually review the material multiple times every day. Last you need to start talking more. The things you want, you will get if you just open your mouth and let your mind out. This also coincides with the first step, but you shouldn't be scared to let people know what you're thinking once in a while. Take my advice and you will turn an awesome life into an extraordinary life.

Study, ask questions and study more.

Nicholas

Students come from all types of backrounds, usually trying to better themselves by getting an education.

I would tell myself to focus on my grades. That there is no help for you like I assumed their would be. Instead of focusing on working and getting money, you should make sure you have the grades to get the scholarships because Financial Aid is not going to help you. Money seemed important then, but now I'm still poor and I have to pay for my education as well. I would have told myself to stop doing drugs. To stop being anti-social. To stop trying to be the cool guy. I wish I could go back and change these things, but the truth is I can't. I've been branded the loser and the only way to change that is to study hard and prove that I'm a winner.

Pima Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.