Tucson, AZ
Pima Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pima Community College

Anouk

This is by far on of the best community colleges I've encountered. The teachers really do look out for you and want to help you succeed, and the variety of classes to take is unreal. There are various campuses around tucson, so it's easy to find a campus convenient to you.

Like any community college, the stereotype is lazy students. Sure, there are some, but any school has them. There are so many different people here from different backgrounds that are here for many reasons, and that's what makes Pima such a great place, they welcome all.

Wonderful. Like I had said initially, the variety is amazing. The teachers really do care about your success i class, and will respond if you reach out to them. The transfer programs definitely prepare you for the next step in your college/uni career as well.

Christal

If I could give the high school me any advise I would tell myself to get a job in a hospital immediatly to discover where I'd like to work before finishing classes towards a job I might not be interested in. I would also tell myself to get loans, volunteer and do whatever it takes to remain a full time college student. I use to think that I could juggle a full time job and part time school but I ended up needed more classes and stressing too much over bills. Now I am motivated enough to know that I will do whatever it takes to finish as soon as I can because I never would've believed that at 24 I would still need 3 more years of school.

The worst thing about my school is the unorganization. You can call two different people with the same question and get completely different answers. It is also almost impossible to get any same day counseling or any kind of same day faculty help. I believe this is due to unorganized scheduling and filing of paperwork.

People that have finished their general education requirements for an associates degree should not attend pima community college because they do not offer degrees higher than an associates.

gisela

My classmates are very diverse in personality, race, age etc. We are all there for the same reasons, to learn and recieve our General Education credits to then hopefully transfer onto a University.

My school has 5 different campus that are in every side of town which makes it convienant for all students wanting to attend

The advice I would give myself as a high school senior is to enjoy every moment of it. Have fun, join clubs, run for royalty, take not only your required classes but electives that really interest you. Your senior year flies by and although your counting down the days till graduation do everything to make it a memorable last year of high school with your friends because after high school your out onto the real world and everything changes. As for your classes dont let senioritis take over, work your hardest aim to be top 10 in your class because it will all pay off in the end with better college oppertunities.

john

You are an extremely smart young man, but that wont get you through college. You need to develop better habits for your approach to school. First, you need to stop smoking weed. Although you can function as a normal person in our sciciety, weed is your greatest downfall. Once you remove it from your life, everything will get easier to you. Second, you need to develop study habits. I know you can get by in high school without a minute of studying but that wont cut it in college. You will need to set aside time and actually review the material multiple times every day. Last you need to start talking more. The things you want, you will get if you just open your mouth and let your mind out. This also coincides with the first step, but you shouldn't be scared to let people know what you're thinking once in a while. Take my advice and you will turn an awesome life into an extraordinary life.

Study, ask questions and study more.

Nicholas

Students come from all types of backrounds, usually trying to better themselves by getting an education.

I would tell myself to focus on my grades. That there is no help for you like I assumed their would be. Instead of focusing on working and getting money, you should make sure you have the grades to get the scholarships because Financial Aid is not going to help you. Money seemed important then, but now I'm still poor and I have to pay for my education as well. I would have told myself to stop doing drugs. To stop being anti-social. To stop trying to be the cool guy. I wish I could go back and change these things, but the truth is I can't. I've been branded the loser and the only way to change that is to study hard and prove that I'm a winner.

Khadijah

If I could back in time as a high school senior I would definitely take scholarships more seriously and actually heed the warnings about applying for them and knowing their worth. Not only scholarships but my grades alone. I would have taken my senior year a smidge more serious as well. A successful college career requires diligent, dedication, sacrifice, and hard work. Nothing in life woth while comes easy and this certainly applies to post secondary education; as gloomy as this sounds college is a "weeding" process. Many people start college but only a few actually succeed and finish. Dilligence, dedication, sacrifice, and hard work are what "weed" out people. I would tell myself dont second guess and anything is possible if I aim my mind to it. Stars are the limit.

The food! It is greasy and slimey and overpriced adn leaves a... persnickety smell. My last spring semster I always had a classmate come in and come plain how they never had any food available during the rushes. Not only change the food but have more opptions for Pima does have hundres and hundres of students with all different types of appetites.

Austen

Classmates at Pima are very diverse and intersting and often are interested in study groups and making friends.

My school is best known for providing affordable college level eduacation and for having an outstanding medical program.

I would advise myself to focus on building public speaking, cognitive reading, and time mangagement skills to prepare me for the in class activities, vast books, and the difficult juggling act of balancing school and the rest of life. I would ask that I evaluate my worldview and my opinions on a variety of subjects to prepare myself for discussions with proffesors and fellow students. I also would tell myself that I should begin looking for ways to give back to my community.

andrew

Pima Community College is diverse, challenging, convenient and most importantly, it is an affordable path leading to a four year college.

My classmates to this point are the true meaning behind college diversity.

No matter when or where you go to school make sure you want to be there for you and no one else. Treat school like a career where you are trying to satisfy yourself and never settle for the bare minimum. There will be courses you excel in and others you will struggle with, always aim for the "A". Never underestimate the power of helping others. If you are able to explain something to someone else it truly means you understand it as well. Keep your mind as open as your books and you will do fine. School is going to be expensive so get every cent you pay for. Oh, and if you want to buy some stock in Apple Inc. that wouldn't hurt either. Have an amazing future.

Adrian

Pima Community College is a great place to get a quality education from experienced professionals, and all for an affordable and reasonable price.

I am currently majoring in Bio-Medical Engineering. If I were to give some advice to myself as a high school senior I would start by emphasizing the need to study math. Math is such a huge part of engineering, and it will definitely be useful once you get to college. Also practice writing essays. You will need it for your writing prerequisites, and you will use it in engineering and physics reports. I would recommend learning more about chemistry and biology, so you will have a good foundation already before you get to college. Always make sure to be courteous to teachers. They are only doing their job, same as you are doing yours, and most teachers hugely appreciate someone who is kind and understanding. Also make sure to learn more about a teacher before you sign up for their class. A good teacher can help you for life, but a bad one will confuse you and make your life miserable. Always try your hardest, do your best, and don't settle for second place. Whatever discomfort it may cause in college will be worth it for the whole rest of your life.

I brag about the fun things I do with the teachers, the good times in the library, and how the teachers have actually worked in the fields they are now teaching.

Jose

A good, cheap start for transferring over to a four-year university.

A good, cheap start for transferring over to a four-year university.

I would plead to myself to make every high school academic moment count. I can not stress enough the influence that has in college. You reap what you sow, so doing well in high school will be great for a college future. And to just bare with it. I know I understood everything and memorized it all, causing me to be bored all the time, but to just do the work. To leave all else aside, because all the things I did other than school, they mean nothing now. To learn how to value time, because now I look back and wish I could change things. I do not regret anything, but there are still things I wasted all my time on. To forget about my then girlfriend, because all she was was trouble, and she really took more of my time than anything else. And to just understand that growing up is not easy. Things change, and rarely for the better. I just really want to say: "Hold on. Brace yourself. Life is coming like a train, and no matter what you do, its gonna hit you. But if you are prepared, maybe it will not hurt as much."

Pima Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.