Tucson, AZ
Pima Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pima Community College

Manuel

My school is best known for the wide diversity of courses it offers and the vast diversity of students that attend its classes. Being that courses are affordable for the middle and lower classes, opens the road for many more students of many divers ethnicities and ages. Opportunities to students are endless and the sky is the limit.

With time comes experience and knowledge. Given the opportunity to go back and talk to myself as a high school senior I would share with myself some of the most important knowledge that I have acquired transitioning into the college experience. Preparation. Just like every aspect in our lives, without preparation and or planning ahead, makes success a bit more difficult to swing in our favor. Such preparations such as scholarship applications, speaking with advisors and visiting career fairs would be the key focus if a conversation with myself as a high school senior were possible. I found out that all of these preparations are essential in clearing a better path for transition into the college life. Preparation never hurts, but it does hurt not to prepare. Stressing these aspects would be the conversation focus I would have with myself as a senior. I would stress preparation and its importance mainly because I failed to prepare and gather all the right tools for my high school transition to college. If such a conversation was possible my transition into the college life would have mostly likely been a more pleasant and fruitful experience.

The aspect of which I brag about moust about my school is that tution is very affordable. I attend Pima Community College, which offers many transferable course to Universities, and tution is is almost a fourth of what it would cast at a Unisversity. Not only are courses affordable, but there is a wide variety of course from which can be chosen. This would have the be the thing I brag about the most to all my friends.

Since my high school graduation, I feel that I have grown a lot as a person. I've realized now many things that I wish I would've known before, simple things like not stressing so much about what career to choose my senior year of high school. The truth is as long as you're learning new things, your character is developing. There isn't a specific age to plan your future, it just happens naturally. The key thing to remember is that life is unpredictable, and it is good to have goals or plans. If they work then good for you, if not then keep trying and it's okay to change your mind. As long as you're happy, healthy, and educated you'll be fine. Others who lack these things still manage to survive. Education is becoming a necessity in our society, and it is wise to get the most education as you possibly can despite your age or other setbacks. If you keep moving forward with a positive attitude, you'll realize that education is not just about how much money you will earn, but what you do with that knowledge.

There isn't much to criticize regarding my current school, which is Pima Community College. If I had to choose one thing it might be the food. The food does not taste bad, but I wish there was more of a selection and diversity. Other than that I am pleased with the school.

Pima Community College is a great school for students who seek personal attention from professors. Unlike a university, a community college is much smaller. Sometimes when a student has a question they don't ask simply because they feel uncomfortable or the professor won't listen because there are too many students and can't please everyone. Since I like getting to know my professors and I normally ask a lot of questions, I've come to realize that Pima Community College is a great learning environment for me and maybe for others who seek the same attention.

Sean

Since Pima is a community college you have many instructors who teach there that also teach at the universities. Because of this there is plenty of variety in terms of the instructors that teach there and the classes that are offered. Another nice aspect of the college is the smaller classroom sizes. I believe giving the students a chance to be part of a more tighter nit clasroom they have a chance to get to know eachother more and interact more closely with the instructors. I believe this is a superior way to teach students then in overly large classrooms.

My advice would be not to be too hard on myself and that things would work out in the end. I would also tell myself to maybe explore the more creative side of that I had in me.

I wish I had a better idea of what I wanted to to persue as a career when I started college. Like many highschool students I had only a slight idea of what degree I was going for and it took me a year to finally figure out that my passion was in the arts. I in the end switched my degree to the arts and that set me back about a semester in getting my degree.

Ana

Assuming if i could go back in time in high school i would give myself the advice to "Never quit your dream". My high school dream was to become an Architect but now knowing that college life isnt easy. College is expensive if you dont have your parents help or anykind of help. The hardest thing is not applying for classes; what is hard is paying for school while working over 30 hrs working at min. wage just isnt enough to cover all expensives for school. I am one in hundreds of peope who are struggling but who are not going to quit on their dream just because of paying for college. I feel that if you try god will reward you it only takes faith in yourself to become someone.

A kind of person which i would consider to attend is someone who wants to persue a succesful future. Someone who has goals in life and who is willing to work for what he or she wants. Attending college isnt an easy step if you dont have your parents help, one example would be myself. Through out high school i had a dream of becomeing an Architect but my dream faded over the year. I found that college and persuing a degree cost a lot of money, but how i am willing to make this possible i keep trying.

I feel if someone doesnt want to persue a dream why make them come to college. College is a place to learn, to persue a dream its something serious that people should understand. This is the future and we have to prepare for bigger opportunity.

Sebrina

Pima Community College is best known for it's Associate degree in Business Administration. Last semester, every transfer student from PCC that applied to Eller College at the University of Arizona was accepted! The advisors at Pima are very helpful in explaining what is required of each student and also what is expected of them. The ABA is a fantastic program at Pima Comunity College and every staff member is famous for helping interested students obtain a degree in this feild.

If I could go back in time and tell myself about college life, I wouldn't do it. College is something that each individual should go into clueless and full of curiosity. My freshman year was one of my most memorable: form getting lost in the halls to forgetting about quizzes to losing important lecture notes. I think that one of the most important things that a college freshman acquires is their eventual sense of understanding and enlightenment after all of the confusing chaos has cleared. If I was informed of what was ahead in time as a senior in high school, I don't think that I would have ever felt the feelings of experience and confidence that I feel today. It is for that reason that I would not change a thing.

My favorite thing about Pima was the knowledge that every one of my instructors had to offer. I never left a classroom feeling bored or as if I had wasted a portion of my life. I am very happy with what I have learned so far in my college experience from each one of these people. It breaks my heart knowing that I now have to move on to a four-year institution and leave Pima behind. However, I'm looking forward to the bigger and better opportunities that are coming my way!

tony

do not drop out and dont be dum life sucks with out school do not lisen to your frands work hard and just do it u no im right

the kids thers a lot of tham that did not have to work to get there so thay do not work to satay

Shalina

Shalina Raquel Aguirre. It's me, or should I say you. You are currently facing the transition you have had in sight since Kindergarden, when they told you that someday you would go to college. Someday is coming up at the end of this year Ms. Senior. What should you do? Quit stressing about getting accepted into and paying for a University. Without a major in mind, and your indecisive tendency, I think a 2 year, community college will help clear up the haze that is your career goal. Actually, I know for a fact it will. The transition from high school to college life is going to unleash the adult that the hormones try to submerge. Through natural interaction with advisors, teachers and classmates the unexpected major of Business (Fashion Merchandising) will find you. Basically, Live your life. Keep working, keep learning, and most importantly, be sure to keep "I" in mind, because both success and failure will be attributed to you and only you.

I wish I would have come into my first semester most confident. I would have spent less of my senior year stressing about University scholarships, and more time learning how helpful a Community, 2 year college can be. The advisors and teachers are all so dedicated to leading students, whether it be financial advice or planning courses for a degree. I would have jumped on so many more opportunities while still in high school before attending, if I had only known of thier existence!

School. It isn't just that place you must attend. It should be that place you want to attend. It is for the individual that not only questions the world around them, but also seeks answers to those questions. Whether it be a specific educational degree for a career or just a few general studies courses to help figure out a career, Pima Community college is a gathering ground for people who value education and the significant difference it will make in their life.

College is very different, and what I think is unique is the hours provided. They provide weekend classes, and time schedules that are random. I understand and work out with the times they provide.

Advice: dont let others put you down. Look to the future, and think ahead. Dont ever care what others think, you are the one who makes your future, not them. Get as much advice about college, so you dont have to pay so much for everything. Save up money for your future, and get ready to live on your own. You learn something new everyday, even if it is not school related. The more education you have, the better your life will be. Be patient, and you will reach your goal. Never be indecisive about things, and never regret a thing that you have experienced.

The only frustrating thing that I have dealt with would be dealing with teachers that do not care, and only care about the money they are getting. They do not deserve the money if they do not try to help students out to success. Also the prices have gone up, and it frustrates me to buy books and keep up with my life. Education is suppose to help you, not make you suffer just because of money. I think they should lower prices on books, and other school related things.

Lisa

At my school, there is incredible diversity ? young people, seniors, working people, full-time students, rich, poor, and a rainbow of colors.

Dear Self, Don't rush! Why are you so frantic to get out of high school? I know you are smart and bored, and don't like high school very much. But the hurry you are in won't help you in the future. Your future will last much longer than the 17 years you've lived up until now. Believe it can be good. If you take your time and concentrate on choosing the school that's right for you, you might be able to go free and get a better education. You might have an easier life. (On the other hand, you might not. ) At least think about it before rushing to make a decision that may affect your future. Love, Me

Since I am a "mature student" (40 years old) this is a tough question. I wish I had known that I didn't "have" to go to college directly after high school. I wish I had known that it is better to find your true interest and passion BEFORE you spend time and money studying. Perhaps most importantly, I wish I had known that the education I have received at a community college has been far superior to anything I received at two 4-year universities.

Mark

First of all, don't worry about it. Things will go a lot smoother if you just look at it as the next step in your schooling and not this big, ominous "I?m going off to COLLEGE!" thing. Its an adventure and a priviledge; treat it as such. Not everyone gets to do what you are doing. Also, start applying for scholarships as soon as you start you senior year. Don't wait for the spring to come before remebering. There are lots of great scholarships that have deadlines in the winter. Use your Christmas break to apply for them. Go for the big ones, not just the small ones. If the scholarship requires a 3,000 word essay, so what? You have written more than that for school, and if the scholarship is worth $3,000, you will be getting paid a dollar per word. That's not so bad is it? And above all, have fun. Take some classes for things that you enjoy. You can learn a lot in college and still have fun.

Best things about Pima are its incredibly low cost and its multiple campuses around Tucson. The per-credit-hour rate is really cheap compaired to the U of A and since Pima has three main campuses and several smaller ones around Tucson, you can take classes anywhere.

That its not that different. Most of the kids there are in the same boat as you. Yes, there are some things that are changed, but you still make friends with other students and even some of the professors.

Pima Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.