Tucson, AZ
Pima Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pima Community College

They are well known for preparing students to transfer to the University of Arizona prepared and ready for their future endievers at a higher level.

If given the opportunity to go back in time I would tell myself to go big and never give up no matter what fell in my way. I would let myself know that caring what others thought about how I was going about my educational career did not matter, and that I should do what I believed was the best course to follow. I would advice myself to trust my intuition and go with my first choice more often, it almost always turned out to be the correct one. I would also tell myself that procrastinating will get you nowhere fast; It is always better to get things done right away and in the most time efficient manner I am capable of. The best advice I could give myself though would be to do this for myself and not try to make anyone other than me happy, it will only discourage you if you rely on others to make your journey in education a fantastic one. Do it for you, there are plenty of other things you can do for friends, family and the community.

The academic advisors are not always clear when giving advice or looking up information about financial aid.

Margaret

It is a great place to start get a "second chance" for an education. I had been out of school for 25 years and was able to get back into the swing of things without a problem. I am just finishing my second semester and cannot wait to see what my future has in store for me. Pima Community College has helped me overcome my fears and encourages me to go beyond my expectations.

SInce i restarted my college career last Fall, I have often thought back to when I was a senior in high school. In my family just getting a high school diploma was a big deal. I was scared and unsure what I would do after I graduated. I got decent grades in high school but did horrible in math. I never pushed myself and thought that I was not smart enough to "get math". I had several obsticles with a mother who was an addict and father who was not present. I worked full time and had juggled school. When I went to college, I did not take it as seriously as I could have. If I was informed about how to financially get though school I would have done better. I was on my own and when it came to paying for my education or to support myself I had to make a choice. If I could go back I would tell myself that I was smart and capable of doing anything that I put my mind to. I would also tell myself to find a way to make college happen with the resources available, the possibilities are endless!

I attended PCC right out of high school. At that point in my life, my financial and personal circumstances did not allow me to do well. I wish I knew that mistakes made 25 years ago would affect me when I registered in the Fall of 2013. I was placed on academic probation for financial aide until I can improve my GPA and completion rate. I am well on my way by earning straight A's for the past two semesters.

Thomas

It costs less than the University of Arizona, and yet it provides a solid education and a healthy amount of transferrable credits, which I will be using when I gain both of my Associates Degrees and transfer to the UofA.

First of all, don't stop taking your medication. In fact, double up upon it, & request immediately that your psych put you on Strattera. Despite what you may fear about "losing your creativity," I wish I'd learned earlier how much it actually helped me get done. Instead, get some more sunlight. Bring your computer with you, but whatever you do, don't coop yourself up in your room/corner. That's the real reason why you're not as creative as you'd like to be & I guarantee you'll be able to write at least three times more if you do. But for the love of god, keep writing, and start listening to criticism more! If there's anything I regret between where you are and when I am, it's not doing both of those sooner. Stop trying to push people to be your friends, but instead push yourself to do new things. You'll win over people far more that way. I've followed this advice , though sooner than I wish I'd have, and I've gotten friends, internships, and three short films made. Know it gets better kid. But ya gotta make it so.

Anybody who wants a good education but who also either cannot afford or wants to save on the skyrocketing college prices in this country, those who want professors and teachers willing to actively engage and encourage engagement with the class, and those who want a more gentle learning curve while going from high school to college.

Weston

A fun and open community with nice teachers and classes, the school is constantly expanding and open for improvements as time goes by, making in become better every passing year.

I would probably not have much to say. Most of what I have learned about the college experience I feel you can only learn with the experience itself. I have been told countless times in high school what college is like by my parents, friends, relatives, and teachers. I doubt me telling myself what college is like would prepare me anymore for the experience than everyone else already has. The transition cannot be explained, it has to be lived.

Better than usual I find to be the teachers who are able to understand many aspects of a student's life unlike many teachers I have had before.

Cassandra

So far my classmates have all been kind people who don't treat me any differently just because I am a rather quiet person.

I would tell myself that it is not as terrifying as it seems. I have always been a shy, introverted person, even during my high school years. When the time for college came around, I was afraid. The fear nearly held me back. I almost didn't want to go to college just because I was afraid of the social setting that you find in college. I would want to go back and tell myself that it is not as bad as it seems. There is no need to be afraid, in fact, attending college will help you overcome some of your shyness. There is no need to hesitate so much because college will help you better yourself.

I think any kind of person should be able to attend this school without facing anymajor problems.

Sergio

Many of my classmates are fun, some are annoying, but I like them all, except Erin.

Dear High School Sergio, DO SOMETHING! You are really smart, but you just keep laying around, not trying at anything, and wasting your life. Trust me, once you get to college you realize that you could have gotten so much more done, and we both end up regretting that you didn't. Because you're pretty reluctant to do anything, and are pretty much devoid of interests, I'll break it down into steps for you. Step one: Pay attention in class. School is not some meaningless period in life, it is an opportunity for you to learn about the world. There is actual information being taught in these classes, you know. Step two: Do your homework. I know it sounds awful and you usually just cruise by on your test scores, but seriously, you need a good GPA, and the one you have is not good. And besides, taking an hour or two out of your anyhting but busy schedule is not that bad. Step three: Get involved in something. Try theatre, you'll love it. Step four: For God's sake, ask out Jamie! She obviously likes you! Stop being shy about it and just ask! Sincerely, You

Tabitha

I would say to myself, "Tabitha you will have plenty of time for boys and you're too young for a baby. You have your whole life ahead of you. Boys are going to come and go and they don't want anything from you is to take advantage of you. Girl finish school and go to College. College is a great thing and you can go places with a degree. Tabitha college is so much fun and you get to meet all kinds of people through your journey. Maybe one day you will find that dream guy just wait because there is something out there better for you. Just you wait and see. I have seen the future and you will be successful in your lifetime. So, Tabitha just wait and don't try to rush to grow up so soon. College is going to take you places that you've never been. You have plenty of time to have a baby. Girl, go to college and I promise you that you won't be dissappointed or regret it. You have a bright future ahead of you, so go grab it and don't let go."

KarinaM

SMaller class sizes, helps you talk to the teacher directly. Giving students a faster degree and gives night classes.

I would tell myself although high school are suppose to be the best years of your life, still try your hardest in class because they make a big difference! Apply to many scholarships as you can. Education is going to be pretty pricey for the next four to six years but it'll be worth it since it's the one thing no one can take away from you. Do your best and don't let anything distract you!

There seems to be a lot of car theft in bigger parking areas, also there are certain questions unanswered if you want to be a transfer student.

Laura

My classmates here at Pima Community College this semester seem to be on the same level as me, meaning that we are planning on transferring to a University within the next year.. We somehow became acquaintances, mostly because we rely on each other for moral support and in the process of transferring. This is the only semester here at Pima that I can say I have made friends in the classroom.

College to me seemed like a long journey when I thought of it, one that I had embarked on and was determined to complete. My experience so far started as a typical college experience, yet I have to admit that I have grown to love it. My first 2 years were nothing special, I had many distractions in my life and I was away from home for the first time. It was definitely different. I realized it takes some getting used to, to truly enjoy college. Once I had become accustomed to the daily routine of getting up early, studying, doing homework, and then repeat , it’s feels like I can’t see myself doing anything else. I’m in no hurry and I want to get the best experience of my college years. I feel like I have gotten some great experiences, I have learned a lot and I have met a lot of people, yet I feel like there is still more that I can get out of College. Once I transfer to the University of Arizona, I am determined to embark on a new journey and make the best out of my remaining college years.

The most frustrating thing about this school is that some of the staff isn’t very helpful, sometimes rude, and it seems like they just come here to work and not help students.

Pima Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.