Tucson, AZ
Pima Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pima Community College

Zandrea

If I was to go back in time to give myself advice about college I would have told myself to apply for more schlorships and try my best in school. I would have told myself to spend less time chatting on the phone about boys, but rather go out and help the community. Lastly, I would have told myself that you can do whatever you put your mind to. If you try hard enough you can be anything you want to be.

Before attending college I wish I knew what I really wanted to study. I went through a few diffrent classes in till I found out that Education was my true calling.

The worst thing about Pima College is the parking! Not only are these all younge drivers, but they can be quite aggressive when it comes to a parking spot. Other than parking, I love my school!

BENJAMIN

IF I WERE ABLE TO GO BACK IN TIME AND TELL MY HIGH SCHOOL SELF TO APPLY FOR EVERY SCHOLARSHIP POSSIBLE I WOULD NEVER HAVE BECOME STUCK IN THE RUT OF SATISFACTION IN A JOB I'M NOT ENTIRELY HAPPY WITH. MY FINANCIAL SITUATION WOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM AND LIFE AS I KNOW WOULD BE BETTER IN EVRY WAY.

WHEN PEOPLE ASK ME ABOUT PIMA I TELL THEM; IT'S A GREAT OPTION FOR THOSE WHO ARE UNABLE TO AFFORD THE UNIVERSITY. NOT ONLY IS IT LESS EXPENSIVE, BUT THE COURSES ARE ALL TRANSFERABLE UNLKIKE TRADE SCHOOLS. THERE ARE ALSO THREE MAIN CAMPUSES AND 3 LEARNING CENTERS WHICH MAKES THE COMUTE EASIER WHEN THERE'S A CAMPUS NEARBY NO MATTER WHERE IN TOWN YOU LIVE.

I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS ABOUT PIMA.

Marguerite

Whats unique about my school, Pima Community College, is just that, its a Community College. Compared to major universities the class sizes are smaller which in return means that the teachers have more time to focus on students as individuals and zone in on issues that each student has, making it easier to learn and understand what is being taught. This creates a unique experience for each student, because they each take something different away from the classes.

As a freshman in college i have often thought back to my senior year in highschool. Wondering if there was anything i could have done differently, to make the transition from high school senior to college freshman any easier. With out a doubt the number one thing that comes to my mind when i think about this would have been to save up more of my money all though out my senior year in high school. This is because i have learned that college comes with many unexpected finances, while i was prepared for the cost of tuition, it was books that caught me by surprise. Books cost almost half of the cost tuition cost for my first semester alone.

Anyone who wants to really learn something and not just go to college for "the experience" should go to any community college, not just Pima Community College. This is because in my personal opinion students who are really serious pick up the most information in community college because they're less students and teacher and professors can focus more of their time and energy on each student individualy.

joshua

If I was able to go back in time and talk to my younger self I would tell myself to be prepared. Everything seems go so fast after you graduate, and it takes more than a summer to find, apply, and find the funding to go to a university, because mom and dad don?t have that type of money. Always think ahead. Exceed in your classes so that the scholarships will come to you. Know what you major will be and plan out your classes, focusing on the classes that will contribute to your major only. Yes it is a lot of work but it is a lot easier to do all of it when you aren't living alone and have the support of your parents. Everything will get a lot harder before it gets easier but it takes work. It?s better to get ahead that to procrastinate, and everything will pay out in the end.

the best thing about my school is that its giving me the oppertunity to continue my education while preparing for a university.

only bad thing about my school is that it is a community college. i did not want to start at a community college i wanted to go strait to a university but i was not prepared. my advice would be to start preparing your jr year if not sooner. time moves fast.

Marci

As a high school senior I was already entering the work environment because I thought that was the most important thing in life. Boy, was I wrong! I continued to go from minimum wage job to minimum wage job and finally ended up frustrated and angry at the 'no opportunities' of getting out of that trap. It was difficult to improve my quality of life with 'just getting by' financially and life seemed to be passing me by. I also thought it was important to have a boyfriend and didn't see my world without one until I realized that a boyfriend with the same level of skills I had was another dead end. Years later I decided to apply for financial aid and go back to school to improve my life. The grants, loans and scholarships are worth the time and studying is well worth the effort as an investment in improving my quality of life. Although it was scary at first and I had to rearrange my life it has been a blessing to be a student again. This time with determination in hand because in hind sight I've experienced the other side of not having education.

The one thing I consider 'the worst' thing about my school is the information center. Long waiting are formed just to put your name on the sign-in sheet while people keep jumping ahead because they 'just have a simple question' while you wait and wait. A new method of setting an appointment with an advisor should be deviced, or maybe an area where frequently asked questions can be answered quickly. The sign-in sheet should be made available with a time slot and your place in line honored. Cell phones should be 'off' in these crowded areas.

Julieta

I would tell myself that it is okay not to know what I want in life, because college is a place to find myself and my place in life. I would tell myself to never give up or even consider the thought of giving up, because just as the four years of high school went by so fast, so will the time I spend in college. I would assure myself that moving out and going to college is not that bad, I will get to meet so many new people that will mark my life in good ways and in bad ways, but even the bad ways will serve me as a lesson in life. I should not take the time I spend in college for granted because it is a chance for me to learn and succeed in life. If I could go back in time and give myself some advice about college, I would tell myself that the decision I have made about going to college is the best one I could have made.

The best thing about my school is the relationship between faculty, staff, and students. Everyone is always willing to help out. The staff is readily available for information. We have great instructors that have a thorough knowledge of their subject. It is not rare to see students and instructors sitting outside having a conversation or having lunch together. Librarians, counselors, and advisors are always smiling and working with a good attitude. Seeing this closeness within the people in my school just makes it so much easier to go to school.

Any person open to diversity would like this school. Instructors and students come from so many different kinds of ethnic backgrounds and beliefs. It is a small school, but it has many different campuses to choose from, and each is so unique in what they have to offer. If a person is looking for a quiet, small city this is the place for them. And if you are planning to transfer to a university, we have one in Tucson as well, so you don't have to go anywhere.

Hector

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to prepare for a hardworking journey. To prepare for this hardworking journey I would tell myself to take more advanced courses. I would also tell myself that what I do now echoes an eternity. College life is a lot harder than one expects as a high school senior. To better prepare myself as a high school senior, I would take advanced courses such as calculus and physics. I would also save my money more diligently instead of wasting it on foolish things. Finally, I would tell myself that college is a place where only the strong minded and determined succeed. College life is pretty stressful. One always has to worry about the ability to pay for school. On top of that, one has to worry about maintaining a successful grade point average. This is where ones obstacles are not allowed to interfere with the dream of completing a college education. This is where being strong minded and determined ultimately pay off in the end.

The person that shouldn?t attend this school is a person who is looking more for a university experience. Since this school is a community college, it does not come with the various activities you would find at a university. It does not have a big sports following. Dorm life is virtually non-existent. Only one of the five campuses has a student Dormitory. School spirit is also non-existent. Most of the people that attend this school usually transfer to a university within two years.

The most frustrating thing about my school is the long wait times of the student services departments. One can expect to be in long lines when using the student services departments. These departments include the advising office, the financial aid office, and the bursar?s office. It always feels like these departments are under-staffed.

scott

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to explore more than one option to select from as a means of education. I would explain to my old self that it is very important to keep your options open. Just because you have your mind set on one choice does not mean you should limit yourself to only one option. I would tell myself that it is very important to seek more than just one option as a source of education. There are plenty of options out there in life. Yuo have to make sure you always have a back up plan just in case if thing do not plan out the way you expect them to. I would tell my past self to not let life limit you to your goals and dreams. You have the power to make the choices and decisions in life that can determine your fate. Life is what you make it and you only have one life; so make it a good one.

Everything that I needed to know was made available to me by the knowledgeable staff at Pima.

The kind of person that would attend this school is some one that has a goal for themselves in pursuing their career in extending their education while still working their current jobs to be a part of society.

The adive I would give myself is to not only be motivated but to not get distracted. One of the mistakes I made in High School was to allow my peers who were not interseted in going to college distract me from goals. I would have taken advantage of every oppurtunity available such as student council, sports, and other extra activities that would have improved my people skills as well as my leadership skills. I would have challenged myself instead of sticking to what was safe and took the extra step, even if it meant failure. My advice would have been that its okay to fail at something as long as I tried and intended on trying again.

The best thing about my school is that the classes are small allowing more one on one time with the teachers. The atmopshere is not threatening because the campus is small.

Since I go to a 2 year community college it is strickly for people who are looking to transfer to a University or for general education classes that help with the transition to a major university. People who are already decided in thier major that requires more credible classes should not attend this school unless they are transfering.

Lacey

Surrounded by optimisim and motivation.

Surrounded by optimisim and motivation.

If I were to give myself advice during my senior year, having known what I do now, I would have found a college mentor. High school didnt give me any information on how to begin the process, and how to find the resources I needed to be successful. I would have taken more AP courses while they were free, so I wouldnt be spending as much on books and classes like I am now. The bottom line is that I would have pursued information on colleges and funding, much earlier in my high school career, had I known it would be difficult once I got here.

I wish I had known more about the registration process and filling out financial aid forms. When I began preparing for my first semester, I became very frustrated because I was told that I was an adult and needed to advocate for myself. If my high school had given me the slightest information, I would not have struggled as much.

Pima Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.