Tucson, AZ
Pima Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pima Community College

Lacey

Surrounded by optimisim and motivation.

Surrounded by optimisim and motivation.

If I were to give myself advice during my senior year, having known what I do now, I would have found a college mentor. High school didnt give me any information on how to begin the process, and how to find the resources I needed to be successful. I would have taken more AP courses while they were free, so I wouldnt be spending as much on books and classes like I am now. The bottom line is that I would have pursued information on colleges and funding, much earlier in my high school career, had I known it would be difficult once I got here.

I wish I had known more about the registration process and filling out financial aid forms. When I began preparing for my first semester, I became very frustrated because I was told that I was an adult and needed to advocate for myself. If my high school had given me the slightest information, I would not have struggled as much.

Linda

I enjoy students of all levels, the younger ones bring much passion and the older ones, wise thoughts and consideration to the classroom. Mostly I enjoy a seasoned group for they have already learned to respect the classroom, thus enabling a better working enviroment.

I would push harder for a college education knowing that it is easier to attend when you are younger then if you have a family. I had always wanted to be an architect, but my parents thought it would be better for me to be in a more family/female orientated role and did not support me attending an accreditated college. Here I am 29 years later and do wish I had it to do over again. I would encourage me to gain as much information as I could about the schools out there, seek out scholorships and make my dream a reality.

I work full time which limits the times when I can attend classes. I have a dificult time getting into the classes I need, when I can take them. Lately they have been canceling the classes I need and have been able to get into. I am getting frustrated with how long it is going to take me to graduate at this rate.

Shaynna

My school has the convenience of allowing you to achieve an associates degree in many feilds.

Each class room has a professor that one way or another has experience in the subject that they are teaching.

Shaynna, college life is taking everything you know now about school, and applying your skills and your gift of not allowing yourself to be distracted. Its a wonderfull experience of multiculture, style, and attitudes. Dont be afraid to speak, dont be afraid to listen, dont fall back into a corner and just do the school work. Learn, Experience, and Enjoy what college has to offer. The opportunities are endless in college, dont be shy to investigate what college has to offer. Join clubs, involve yourself in projects, and follow through with the lessons. Dont take offense to any negativity, harnest it and use it as an advantage and stepping stone to your future success. Good Luck and keep your head up high. :)

Ariana

Pima Community College Northwest is a very organized and clean environment to receive the education you strive for.

Little Ms. High School Senior Ariana Cano, There is a lot you should know about college life and making the transition from high school into college. I am just going to give you a few tips to help you before you get there. Start looking for scholarships now and save up some of the money that you are gonna be making this summer at you new job as a server at Red Lobster. Remeber you are going to be in college now. You will need to study more than you ever did in high school. There is no way you are going to be able to pull of the good grades you got in highschool without studying for them in collge. Take advantage of the rescources at your school. There are always tutors in the library and they are always there for students who seek their help. Always remember school comes first! Worry about work and you social life after you have done what is immediately needed for school. One last thing, have fun and don't let stress get to you. :) Sincerely, Future Sophomore in college Ariana Cano

There really is not much that is frustrating about the Pima campus that I attend. The only thing that I have found to be frustrating so far is that sometimes advisors will give you different advice on what classes would be best to take but I suppose that anywhere you go people will give different advice to students.

Allegra

Pima Community College is a relatively large community college with many campuses across town, and many educations centers, which makes coursework very convenient.

It is now 1989, and I am a high-school senior all over again. Look closely, there I am, barely making average grades, and not really applying myself, look closer, is that A marijuana ciggarette in my hand? I do believe it is. Here comes the Allegra of 2010 ready to explain to myself at age 19 all the reasons why I should apply myself, study hard, and for goodness sakes put out that joint! I tell younger much less wiser self. " I know where you are headed, and girl it is not good!" My younger self just glances at my older self, and says,"Yeah? And where is that?" with a look of sarcasm, and puffs on her joint. My older self tells my younger self, that by the time she is 36 she will be hopelessly addicted to meth-amphetamine and won't be able to dig herself out the misery of it all until 2008, when she will find herself pregnant and in an intensive outpatient recovery program just praying that she can get her act together and become a productive member of society before her baby is born. I tell her that God WILL help her.

Any one who wants to get undergraduate requirements out of the way before transferring to a bacceulerate program should attend this school. Also anyone that would like a certificate for employment or an associates degree should attend Pima. There is also a program for adults returning to school after many years, such as myself, who may need a little help getting acclamated to the school setting. This program is called the PROGRESS! program, and it seems to be very helpful!

Valentina

Pima Community College is know for the trasferred credits.

Pima Community College is know for the trasferred credits.

I would most definely say just quit your job and focus on school. Focus on your G.P. A and look for scholarships.

James

A great environment for learning and transitioning on to a 4-year university.

A great environment for learning and transitioning on to a 4-year university.

I am not sure what Pima Community College is best known for.

I would tell myself to calm down and not to get as nervous as I did before the start of college. I would also tell myself to try and get involved as much as possible in the college that I would be attending in the future. Life is about who you know, not what you know. Networking is a very important part in the field of journalism, and getting your name out into the world helps in the long run.

Mikaela

My fellow classmates are hardworking and inspiring individuals, they are there to help you with your studies and there to also have fun with you.

I would tell myself, "College is a lot of fun! You get to meet new people form all over the country and world. You get to attend fun parties and social gatherings. You also get to be independent! You can decide when you want to do things and how you want to, but college is also a lot of work. You have to stay ontop of your studies and homework. You have to attend your classes in order to know what is going on in there. You need to try to attend every study group that you and your classmates arrange. You also need to take advantage of free tutoring programs and apply for all the scholarships that you can. It will help you in the future."

If you are lazy and not dedicated to pursuing your educational goals, then you should not attend Pima Community College, in fact you should not be attending any kind of school. You need to be dedicated and self-motivating to attend any school. If you want to go far in life, make a living for yourself and your future family, then you should attend Pima Community College.

Jonathan

Independence is a huge aspect of college life. I would tell my high school self that there is an extended range of support available in high school that is not found in college and that students should utilize that support to the best of its ability to prepare for college life. College is a huge changing point in a person's life by the fact that they leave so much behind to start something new and special. The relationships built in high school, between family, friends, the school, and the community usually are parted with and that's what a transitioning student should be prepared for both mentally and physically. They are beginning a life of independence, where they will be individually challenged academically, creatively, and emotionally. This means that high school students should begin to shape themselves to be not only self-supporting, but helpful to their peers as well. From being Native American, raised in a community and school on the reservation barely performing above standards, I know that leadership qualities are significant for a person to influence themselves and the people around them.

Everything is getting more expensive. From books to living to transportation, the system demands a certain amount of financial liability from the students that can pose a burden to a students living arrangements or perhaps ultimately their ability to continue their education.

I really like the enviroment of a community college, because it is much less overwhelming in terms of class sizes, staff involment, and even the campus' physical structure.

Pima Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.