Tucson, AZ
Pima Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pima Community College

Jonathan

Independence is a huge aspect of college life. I would tell my high school self that there is an extended range of support available in high school that is not found in college and that students should utilize that support to the best of its ability to prepare for college life. College is a huge changing point in a person's life by the fact that they leave so much behind to start something new and special. The relationships built in high school, between family, friends, the school, and the community usually are parted with and that's what a transitioning student should be prepared for both mentally and physically. They are beginning a life of independence, where they will be individually challenged academically, creatively, and emotionally. This means that high school students should begin to shape themselves to be not only self-supporting, but helpful to their peers as well. From being Native American, raised in a community and school on the reservation barely performing above standards, I know that leadership qualities are significant for a person to influence themselves and the people around them.

Everything is getting more expensive. From books to living to transportation, the system demands a certain amount of financial liability from the students that can pose a burden to a students living arrangements or perhaps ultimately their ability to continue their education.

I really like the enviroment of a community college, because it is much less overwhelming in terms of class sizes, staff involment, and even the campus' physical structure.

Pima Community College is an excellent learning center for people of all ages, going into nearly any career field.

Pima Community College is unique in that they have many locations all around town so no matter where you live it isn't far to go to school. They also have a health center, offer insurance and also have child care.

If I were able to go back in time to when I was a high school senior and give advice based on what I now know as a college student, I would definitely tell myself to follow my dreams. While I was in high school I wanted to pursue a psychology degree and become a counselor but once I realized how much college it would take I became discouraged and decided to go to a technical school for dental assisting instead. I then worked in the dental field for 6 years and came to the realization that I still desire to be a counselor and now that I am 25 years old I have to start from the beginning with my college classes. I wish I had followed my dream from the beginning and not let the many years of college ahead stop me. I realize now that if I really want to be happy, I need to do what I love and it doesn't matter how much school it takes. I want to help people and change lives, I'm not going to let something like a few classes get in the way.

Kerri

I actually had not considered any other schools. I began college for the first time at the age of 29, and knew that community college was the route that I needed to take in order to reach my educational goals. One great thing about Pima Community College is that it has several campuses all over town, so there is a location close to home and one close to work, so if I need to stop by for anything, there is always a convenient choice for me.

I graduated high school at seventeen. I thought I knew it all. Higher Education? A waste of time! I?d rather move out in the fall! A job, a family and 13 years later, I think, ?What might have been?? Where would I be in my journey through life If I?d chosen a college to enroll in? If I could go back and see myself then, Oblivious, overconfident, na?ve, I?d explain all the trials and tribulations. I would will myself believe. Having fun isn?t everything. It isn?t enough to just barely manage. Employers want the best of the best! Education gives you a needed advantage. There?s no money or energy for school, Once you have a job and family to care for. I?d explain that time is precious and scarce I?d tell myself that I deserve more. Wife, mother, employee, and now freshman, I?d explain the juggling act that I face. I?d demand that college be made a priority While life still moved at a slower pace. With passionate emotion, Here?s the last thing I?d say: Always, always reach for the stars, Mediocrity is never the way.

Erica

Assuming that I could go back in time and visit my high school senior self I would tell myself to participate in the free college courses offered at the school. In doing this I would have gotten a taste of college classes and would have obtained a few credits along the way. I would have told myself to keep in touch with my graduated friends it would help ease the transition into my first full credit semester. I would have told myself to try out for some sports like tennis or the dance team. I would have told myself to volunteer for girlscouts, the elderly, or even after school programs for young children. I would tell myself that all of these things would help for future scholarships.

I find that all of the staff and instructors want to be there. All of the professors that I have had go out of their way to help all of their students. The advisors, counselors, even staff members that are not in the class guidence category are willing to help. The librarians are always willing to teach how to use the online catalog. The cafeteria staff are always friendly and willing to give advise on what foods are healthy, filling, long lasting, and simply taste good. The help found around campus is the best thing about Pima Community College.

I brag about the fact that i can always get help from my instructors. I brag that all of my instructors give me their office number incase i need to set up an appointment for help or for some quick help. I am also given their campus email where I can also ask for help or explain my tardiness or absence. Finally I am given their office hours so if I ever need to see them I can always stop in.

Antonio

My school, Pima Community College is helpful, in every way that one can think of.

College is just like how your high school was, just more independence. Try not to get lost in making new friends and attending a different atmosphere, stay focused like you have always been because in the end it will pay off. Try to join a club or group in ensure you do get the college experience because it is very important to be involved with a cause not only is it fulfilling but you will learn a great deal from the experience. College is the time where you can be selfish and take the classes that interest you because you will be learning and striving to reach your goal of obtaining a degree and using the degree in a career. Most importantly, do not be afraid to try new things.

One who wants to explore their options of different majors and of their interests. If a student is undecided, through the many different courses that are offered they can narrow down what field of study they would like to pursue.

Tanisha

Top of the notch, wonderful,understanding, one on one, wont let you down, care about your future, want to see you succeded!

The advice that I would give myself is that I would have bettr planned what I wantd to be. If I had an idea on what i wanted to do as a career I would have prepared better. I also would have researched scholorships and grants, I always would have had my high school help me out more. I would have also told myself that if I wasnt ready for a big University to have followed my parents advise and start off at 2 year community college. I would have also told myself to make sure that i keep my grades up in college, because it is hard to bring back up your GPA if you have failing grades.The last piece of advice I would give myself is that to always stay focused and make sure you have some free time for yourself, and not wrap yourself with work all the time.

That the teachers give you one on one time. Also, that it is easier to get your associate degree at Pima because one its cheaper and that also you an transfer already as a sophomore with 60 or more credits. That if you arent ready for a big time University, that Pima is the best way to go, you save alot of money and that you have once again one on one time with the teacher. The last thing I would brag about is that majority of your friends usually go that route.

Eric

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the advice I would give myself is to decide what you really wanna be when your grow up and not just to choose your major but have at least 2-3 ideas of what you want to major in. Because once you get into college its really hard to decide.

Well I wish I would have known that the Math professors at this community college are not that great.

I think the kind of person that shouldn't attend this school are the people who have the money to go to a university or wants to learn a lot more than what is offered at the community college

Melissa

College isn't just about having fun and experiment new things. College requires time, not only the time you spend in each class, but double the time for assignmentes given from each professor. You have to give your best in every aspect. In high school you might have parents around to push you to do your best, but if you want a good future, you have to push yourself. Aim for the best and for what you want, never settle for less just because you think that you are not capable of reaching that certain goal. Anything and everything is possible if you set your mind to it. Also, never let money be an obstacle for you, scholarships are always being offered, as well as financial aid, and grants. The doors to a better future are always open, all you have to do is take the initiative and hold on tight to the dreams you have. Change is a part of life, take advantage of it, and enjoy it!

The worst thing about my school could possibly be that the community is small, and it is not as the big change you are waiting for when you are in high school and about to graduate.

When I talk to my friends about my school, I like to brag about the fact that professors are very focused on each student due to the sizes of the classroom, and my transition from high school to college, its slowly taking its place. It was not yet a big change, but I'm slowly getting used to this college life.

La

Pima is definitely a community college. I attend classes in the evening or on the weekend. We are all people who work in some capacity in the community and are taking classes for a change of life and/or career.

I entered college as an 18 year old, 32 years ago. I thought I was going to be all these glamous things. I changed my direction many times. What I found out was that I was insecure, confused and a people pleaser. If I was what they wanted me to be, then they'd be happy and love me forever. I l know that was insecure, immature and childish. If I knew then what I know now? First of all, I'd tell myself to listen to that intuition that I keep ignoring. It is God talking to me about he plan he has for me. Do not let God or your belief in Him take a back seat to anything. Doing what you think is what everybody else wants you to do will only leave you miserable, in a career you never wanted. It pays well but doesn't keep the family together Second, don't do anything until you are ready. The timetable does not expire tomorrow. You have time to think, react, think and then follow your intuition. Third, you don't have to follow the rules all the time. The rules aren't always right.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend is somebody who really wants a college experience with dorms, library, cafeteria meals and meeting people from all over the United States and abroad

A great education without the high cost.

A great education without the high cost.

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior I would give myself the advice that finding my path in life is possible in college. I would also advise myself to believe in my potential as a student and let myself discover who I am while getting educated. And I would definitely let myself know that college is different than high school; I could actually choose classes that interest me and follow a path that feels right! I didn't enter college right out of high school to pursue finding myself and my direction in life, and I wasn't aware that this could be accomplished in college. I have discovered that I have found out more about myself now that I am in college than I did before. I think that an educational experience where you emerge yourself in a college atmosphere and test your potential can be very helpful and rewarding in finding who you are. Though often I think some high school students who are unaware of what they want for their future, or are uneducated on college life, and/or aren't financially capable of attending college think the opposite.

One who is looking for many choices for careers and majors.

Pima Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.