Tucson, AZ
Pima Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pima Community College

Antonio

My school, Pima Community College is helpful, in every way that one can think of.

College is just like how your high school was, just more independence. Try not to get lost in making new friends and attending a different atmosphere, stay focused like you have always been because in the end it will pay off. Try to join a club or group in ensure you do get the college experience because it is very important to be involved with a cause not only is it fulfilling but you will learn a great deal from the experience. College is the time where you can be selfish and take the classes that interest you because you will be learning and striving to reach your goal of obtaining a degree and using the degree in a career. Most importantly, do not be afraid to try new things.

One who wants to explore their options of different majors and of their interests. If a student is undecided, through the many different courses that are offered they can narrow down what field of study they would like to pursue.

Tanisha

Top of the notch, wonderful,understanding, one on one, wont let you down, care about your future, want to see you succeded!

The advice that I would give myself is that I would have bettr planned what I wantd to be. If I had an idea on what i wanted to do as a career I would have prepared better. I also would have researched scholorships and grants, I always would have had my high school help me out more. I would have also told myself that if I wasnt ready for a big University to have followed my parents advise and start off at 2 year community college. I would have also told myself to make sure that i keep my grades up in college, because it is hard to bring back up your GPA if you have failing grades.The last piece of advice I would give myself is that to always stay focused and make sure you have some free time for yourself, and not wrap yourself with work all the time.

That the teachers give you one on one time. Also, that it is easier to get your associate degree at Pima because one its cheaper and that also you an transfer already as a sophomore with 60 or more credits. That if you arent ready for a big time University, that Pima is the best way to go, you save alot of money and that you have once again one on one time with the teacher. The last thing I would brag about is that majority of your friends usually go that route.

Eric

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, the advice I would give myself is to decide what you really wanna be when your grow up and not just to choose your major but have at least 2-3 ideas of what you want to major in. Because once you get into college its really hard to decide.

Well I wish I would have known that the Math professors at this community college are not that great.

I think the kind of person that shouldn't attend this school are the people who have the money to go to a university or wants to learn a lot more than what is offered at the community college

Melissa

College isn't just about having fun and experiment new things. College requires time, not only the time you spend in each class, but double the time for assignmentes given from each professor. You have to give your best in every aspect. In high school you might have parents around to push you to do your best, but if you want a good future, you have to push yourself. Aim for the best and for what you want, never settle for less just because you think that you are not capable of reaching that certain goal. Anything and everything is possible if you set your mind to it. Also, never let money be an obstacle for you, scholarships are always being offered, as well as financial aid, and grants. The doors to a better future are always open, all you have to do is take the initiative and hold on tight to the dreams you have. Change is a part of life, take advantage of it, and enjoy it!

The worst thing about my school could possibly be that the community is small, and it is not as the big change you are waiting for when you are in high school and about to graduate.

When I talk to my friends about my school, I like to brag about the fact that professors are very focused on each student due to the sizes of the classroom, and my transition from high school to college, its slowly taking its place. It was not yet a big change, but I'm slowly getting used to this college life.

La

Pima is definitely a community college. I attend classes in the evening or on the weekend. We are all people who work in some capacity in the community and are taking classes for a change of life and/or career.

I entered college as an 18 year old, 32 years ago. I thought I was going to be all these glamous things. I changed my direction many times. What I found out was that I was insecure, confused and a people pleaser. If I was what they wanted me to be, then they'd be happy and love me forever. I l know that was insecure, immature and childish. If I knew then what I know now? First of all, I'd tell myself to listen to that intuition that I keep ignoring. It is God talking to me about he plan he has for me. Do not let God or your belief in Him take a back seat to anything. Doing what you think is what everybody else wants you to do will only leave you miserable, in a career you never wanted. It pays well but doesn't keep the family together Second, don't do anything until you are ready. The timetable does not expire tomorrow. You have time to think, react, think and then follow your intuition. Third, you don't have to follow the rules all the time. The rules aren't always right.

The kind of person who shouldn't attend is somebody who really wants a college experience with dorms, library, cafeteria meals and meeting people from all over the United States and abroad

A great education without the high cost.

A great education without the high cost.

If I could go back in time to when I was a high school senior I would give myself the advice that finding my path in life is possible in college. I would also advise myself to believe in my potential as a student and let myself discover who I am while getting educated. And I would definitely let myself know that college is different than high school; I could actually choose classes that interest me and follow a path that feels right! I didn't enter college right out of high school to pursue finding myself and my direction in life, and I wasn't aware that this could be accomplished in college. I have discovered that I have found out more about myself now that I am in college than I did before. I think that an educational experience where you emerge yourself in a college atmosphere and test your potential can be very helpful and rewarding in finding who you are. Though often I think some high school students who are unaware of what they want for their future, or are uneducated on college life, and/or aren't financially capable of attending college think the opposite.

One who is looking for many choices for careers and majors.

John

I belive that when you live in the future, you live in expectation, and we don't always get what we expect. Living in the past means living a life of regret and resentment. I Live for today, that's why they call it the present, because every day of life is a gift. I feel this question is is redundant. I really wouldn't want to go back to the past because everything that has happened up to this point has shaped and molded me into the man I am today.

Julian

I would tell myself that life completely changes, nobody is no longer there to "hold my hand" through school and through life anymore. My Part-time job is no longer just to earn some money I could go out and spend on anything I want, but it's time to start putting that money to good use, to begin saving it for school because tuition costs and book costs are not cheap. From now on, I must begin earning my education, it is no longer something I dread waking up in the morning, now it is something I look forward to and must earn. From now on, my work isnt measured by just the fact that I've done it correctly, now it is measured by the quality and quantity of the work. As you continue to walk through life and cross over the bridge from High school to College, those people that were there guiding you don't cross over with you, they stay behind; now you're left to fend on your own. You choose your path and only your hard work will mean your success in life. And remember: your'e still young, so dont rush.

For me personally I had a hard time taking school seriously espeically during my senior year. I was ready to move on and see what college had in store for me. Now looking back I would advise myself to take school seriously and enjoy college and have more dilligence and motivation. And to attend college because it's going to provide me with a better life in the furture rather than my reason for going which was my parents wanting me to go. As a senior I was very undisiplined and was concerned with having a good time rather than school. Now that I'm in college I've become a lot more disiplined and motivated. I would also tell myself to not be so nervous and not stress over everything. I've learned to not stress over little things and just enjoy college and this time before heading out in the world. I would have also advised how important time management is. How helpful it is to step back and look at everything coming up and decided what needs to be done when. Then set a goal and make sure to complete it.

There are a lot of great things about Pima Community College especially being a prep school before attending the University of Arizona. The thing I like the most is the support I've recieved from my professors. They make it pretty evident that they want their students to succeed and they try and help out in anyway that they can. All my professors have been extremely helpful and easy to get in touch with if I needed help outside of class. I have felt like all my professors share a common goal and that's they want me to succeed.

I wish before coming to school I would have known how important time management is. Time management is everything. Being in college I've learned how to be realistic with myself and plan ahead. Set a goal and make sure to fufill it. Writing my schedule out on calendar really helped me look at the big picture and helped me focus on what I needed to do and when. TIme management is the key to success.

Chris

My classmates are mature, well spoken and students who are in the class to learn and strive for a better future like me.

PCC has five campuses, a learning center and a community campus. They are a great two year school that has so much to offer and have flexible class hours to fit into your schedule. They also have an awesome transfer program affliated with the University of Arizona, which is one of the reasons why i'm attending PCC right now.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to start early: search for scholarships and stay on task. I would strongly suggest that I do the things I wish I did and the one thing I wish I did was scout for scholarships. I had so much to do as a senior in high school and there wasn't time for myself to search for scholarships. I was the senior class vice president and I cared more about my classmates than myself. If I went back in time, I would advise myself to be selfish and do something for me, for my future. High school as a whole was a life lesson for me of if I care for others, they won't neccessarily care for me. So it's time that I start caring for myself, and I wish I could have started that earlier, as a senior in high school. I would end my high school senior visit with: "Sometimes, you need to drop everything else and take care of yourself; because if you don't, who will?"

Pima Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.