Tucson, AZ
Pima Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pima Community College

For me personally I had a hard time taking school seriously espeically during my senior year. I was ready to move on and see what college had in store for me. Now looking back I would advise myself to take school seriously and enjoy college and have more dilligence and motivation. And to attend college because it's going to provide me with a better life in the furture rather than my reason for going which was my parents wanting me to go. As a senior I was very undisiplined and was concerned with having a good time rather than school. Now that I'm in college I've become a lot more disiplined and motivated. I would also tell myself to not be so nervous and not stress over everything. I've learned to not stress over little things and just enjoy college and this time before heading out in the world. I would have also advised how important time management is. How helpful it is to step back and look at everything coming up and decided what needs to be done when. Then set a goal and make sure to complete it.

There are a lot of great things about Pima Community College especially being a prep school before attending the University of Arizona. The thing I like the most is the support I've recieved from my professors. They make it pretty evident that they want their students to succeed and they try and help out in anyway that they can. All my professors have been extremely helpful and easy to get in touch with if I needed help outside of class. I have felt like all my professors share a common goal and that's they want me to succeed.

I wish before coming to school I would have known how important time management is. Time management is everything. Being in college I've learned how to be realistic with myself and plan ahead. Set a goal and make sure to fufill it. Writing my schedule out on calendar really helped me look at the big picture and helped me focus on what I needed to do and when. TIme management is the key to success.

Chris

My classmates are mature, well spoken and students who are in the class to learn and strive for a better future like me.

PCC has five campuses, a learning center and a community campus. They are a great two year school that has so much to offer and have flexible class hours to fit into your schedule. They also have an awesome transfer program affliated with the University of Arizona, which is one of the reasons why i'm attending PCC right now.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a senior in high school, I would tell myself to start early: search for scholarships and stay on task. I would strongly suggest that I do the things I wish I did and the one thing I wish I did was scout for scholarships. I had so much to do as a senior in high school and there wasn't time for myself to search for scholarships. I was the senior class vice president and I cared more about my classmates than myself. If I went back in time, I would advise myself to be selfish and do something for me, for my future. High school as a whole was a life lesson for me of if I care for others, they won't neccessarily care for me. So it's time that I start caring for myself, and I wish I could have started that earlier, as a senior in high school. I would end my high school senior visit with: "Sometimes, you need to drop everything else and take care of yourself; because if you don't, who will?"

Matthew

There are a lot of immediately useful programs at this school; excellent labs for engineering or construction trades.

It has often been said that "youth is wasted on the young". Wise old men are the product of foolish young men, who have learned, through repetition of folly, how to avoid it. If I could go back in time to give advice to my former, youthful self, I would hope to impart the sense of focus that I feel today. I would suggest that the young man examine himself, find that center of purpose around which our happiness is based, and apply it immediately to building his future self. I would suggest that there were a series of decisions before him that could lead him anywhere in the world, and that each decision had permanent consequences. He could controll whether he would be a king, or rest in a potters field. I would also mention that transitioning to college would be easier if it were done sooner, while the family was still helping. One decade later, it would be much more difficult, with no one else paying the rent. Academically, college is quite similar to high school; in college, however, the student must be self motivated... back again to "focus" and a "center of purpose". Fast foreward to riches!

After earning 52 credits, I am proud of my perfect GPA. I wonder if I am the only welder who took calculus and physics?

Jungmin

I would definitly tell myself to do my research. I was actually planning to attend a 4-year university, however I had some financial problem and had to deferr my plan. I was skeptical of going to a community college, but afterall, it was not a bad idea for a person like me, who is working full time and wanted to go to school as well. I know there are more scholarships than what the school gives, so I'd tell myself to research for available scholarships as a senior. There are so many different grants available that if I had known, I would have been a full time student working part-time, not the other way around. If you are financially not able to attend a 4-year universities to begin with, I'd recommend going through a college and then transferring. The college environment will make you as unique as other students who'd been attending a 4-year universities.

I didn't have any specific degree planned out, therefore I just choose to fulfill all the classes that i needed to transfer.

A person who needs to get the general education done for transferring to a 4-year universities to further his/her education. A community college was a great opportunity for a person like me who works full-time and still wanted to go to school. I was able to get over 60 credit hours in less than 2 years.

Cassandra

My classmates are either motivated individuals driven to succeed or they are immature and unorganized people only chasing higher education because their parents are forcing them to.

Dear self, I don't want to sound too generic, but everything everyones told you to do would have really helped you! Do anything and everything you can to get the best grades possible. It's important to get good grades, not necessarily to have good grades, but to learn good study habits BEFORE getting to college. You don't have to get involved with everything, but get involved in anything. If you don't want to join a club or play a sport, get a job or try volunteering. A lot of activities will help you get acquainted with a little thing called time management. You HAVE to have this in order to survive in "the real world". Finally, ask questions early. You graduate in May... you need to planning for college no later than September. Applications are due in December and they do cost money! MOST IMPORTANTLY: Apply for scholarships, apply for scholarships, and apply for scholarships. Good luck!

Pima Community College is really a place for everyone. It does take work, but not as much as one would expect. Plus, what is really great about Pima is the resources they have for students including free computer and internet use, and free tutoring. They have a variety of campuses all over town to fit different needs. It's a good place to start your education.

What is unique about PCC is that they have 4-year University style classes with great teachers for thousands less. The teachers make you feel like a person and not a price percentage.

The advice I would give myself would be to enroll in more scholarships and a sport or something like it. Instead I focused on my classes (which isn't bad), but colleges are looking at sports and extra carricular activities. It is tough to pay for school when colleges don't know you exsist.

There are different classes at different campuses and my classes are only offered at the campus farthest from me. It would be nice if the classes I wanted were closer.

Kapeela

Stay focused and concentrate on school. Make sure you do as much volunteer work as possible, it will make you look at life in a new perspective. If you like a smaller class environment start out at junior college one, its cheaper and second, its a step closer to a university. lastly enjoy the whole "college experience" but make sure you put homework first so that you don't get behind. Turn in every extra-credit assignment your professor assigns and you will succeed.

Heather

Heather, you have excelled in high school. You have matured, more than a liitle, these four years. Endless amounts of advice have drifted from the mouths of caring individuals. Of all the wise words you have received, make sure you remember and follow these five: check that courses transfer first! I failed to find this information my first three semesters of community college and now I must take more than I would have if I had been told these five words before going into college. Credits that I received from certain courses count at Pima and not the Arizona Universities, therefore do not apply to an associates degree for transfer or the baccelors degree that is our future goal. It would be in your best interest to avoid classes that do not transfer to all three universities in Arizona. It will save you time and money, however if you find a class that interests you regardless of these facts, please do not hesitate. I do not necessarily regret them because they helped me prepare and do well in other classes. Some of them were enjoyable enough to be worth the time, money and effort, regardless of any credits.

I beleive the best thing that Pima community college has to offer is the diversity of both students and professors. I gives it's students a great oppurtunity to interact with many unique individuals and no one should feel out of place.

The fact that there is several campuses on the out-skirts of Tucson that have unique classes that can only be taken there.

Stacy

Cost is the first thing I considered, but the small classroom size is what got me hooked. i looked at strictly online schools and felt that the traditional setting would work best for me.

The very first thing i would tell myself if i could go back to being a high schoool senior, is do not procrastinate. Do your assignments as soon as you get them. Especially because you do not have the class every day to be reminded, you should write in a daily planner so that you do not froget any important dates. Stick with it, you will be able to finish what you have started. DO NOT GIVE UP! There are professors that want to help you suceed. Don't use your laptop in class; it is distracting to others, and please turn off your cell phone. There are adults in your class that have paid hard earned money to be there and they want to get the most out of the class, be patient, be kind; help someone study something that you are proficient at. Believe in yourself!

a person that should not attend this school would be someone that wanted to pay twice as much per credit hour, and this person would really perfer more than 26students in a given classroom.

Pima Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.