Tucson, AZ
Pima Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pima Community College

Kapeela

Stay focused and concentrate on school. Make sure you do as much volunteer work as possible, it will make you look at life in a new perspective. If you like a smaller class environment start out at junior college one, its cheaper and second, its a step closer to a university. lastly enjoy the whole "college experience" but make sure you put homework first so that you don't get behind. Turn in every extra-credit assignment your professor assigns and you will succeed.

Heather

Heather, you have excelled in high school. You have matured, more than a liitle, these four years. Endless amounts of advice have drifted from the mouths of caring individuals. Of all the wise words you have received, make sure you remember and follow these five: check that courses transfer first! I failed to find this information my first three semesters of community college and now I must take more than I would have if I had been told these five words before going into college. Credits that I received from certain courses count at Pima and not the Arizona Universities, therefore do not apply to an associates degree for transfer or the baccelors degree that is our future goal. It would be in your best interest to avoid classes that do not transfer to all three universities in Arizona. It will save you time and money, however if you find a class that interests you regardless of these facts, please do not hesitate. I do not necessarily regret them because they helped me prepare and do well in other classes. Some of them were enjoyable enough to be worth the time, money and effort, regardless of any credits.

I beleive the best thing that Pima community college has to offer is the diversity of both students and professors. I gives it's students a great oppurtunity to interact with many unique individuals and no one should feel out of place.

The fact that there is several campuses on the out-skirts of Tucson that have unique classes that can only be taken there.

Stacy

Cost is the first thing I considered, but the small classroom size is what got me hooked. i looked at strictly online schools and felt that the traditional setting would work best for me.

The very first thing i would tell myself if i could go back to being a high schoool senior, is do not procrastinate. Do your assignments as soon as you get them. Especially because you do not have the class every day to be reminded, you should write in a daily planner so that you do not froget any important dates. Stick with it, you will be able to finish what you have started. DO NOT GIVE UP! There are professors that want to help you suceed. Don't use your laptop in class; it is distracting to others, and please turn off your cell phone. There are adults in your class that have paid hard earned money to be there and they want to get the most out of the class, be patient, be kind; help someone study something that you are proficient at. Believe in yourself!

a person that should not attend this school would be someone that wanted to pay twice as much per credit hour, and this person would really perfer more than 26students in a given classroom.

its closer to home and cheaper for me to take my core classes here than at a university

Knowing what I know about college today I would definately have applied for more scholarships before I started college. Its also alot more time consuming than high school was. I would have listened to my parents about applying for scholarships as soon as I could so i would not be struggling to find money to pay for tuition.

There is always someone to help you, meaning staff and teachers, in the areas you need. Always willing to help to the best of their knowledge.

Sushil

my classmates are hardworking, some are easy going and many of them are worried about their grades in the subject they are taking. Actually they are trying for the best in their grades.

High school days are full of fun and learning every day a new thing but most of us actually me didnt think that there would be so much differences in high school and college education. Now when I think of high school I think I was going there just for fun. So if I could go back in time, I would spend more time for my study and research for my transition from high school to college and focus on those subjects which are going to be really important for me in college. I would advice myself not to think that I got my high school in good grade and will do the same in college without much effort. I will tell that the high school was a "wood gate" which I break to proceed my way but college is a "Iron gate" for which I need more power to break it . For that purpose I need to more exercise and be more stronger in terms of my knowledge to break that iron gate.

Person who has a vision for their future, who think that they can do something for the betterment of their life by joining college can join .Beside this who are interested in somekind of major and are afraid to go to univesity directly can join here as a transfer student and complete their associtate before transfering to university

Esther

I would encourage myself to become more involved with college life and community involvement. I would enourage and persuade myself to think more deeply of my future and what my heart truely wants to follow. I would let myself know to go after what I truely want and go for it without every looking back, having no regrets, just persistance.

The best thing about my school would have to be the instructors. Each instructor that I have had the priviledge of attending their class has treated myself and the other students as indivisuals. The instructors take the time to know their students and guide them to their best ability by encouraging them and pushing them to achieve their best.

When talking about my school, I often mention class that our taught by instructors who I have had and who have helped me. The instructor is just one of the many reasons why my school and been a good choice for me.

Pima Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.