Tucson, AZ
Pima Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pima Community College

Sierra
Second College, Better College

Second College, Better College

Happily surprised is I think how I would so far sum up my experience at Pima Community College, or PCC for short. :) I am an off-campus but very nearby living student in her second year at her second college, but still studying Theatre/Acting as a Theatre major. (Indigo wouldn't let me choose it as an option for some reason, but Pima does have a great sized Theatre/Arts programs, to my knowledge anyway haha!) What led me to Pima in Tucson, AZ (which is usually known as the home of UofA) was actually helpfully suggested by a best friend, as unfortunately UofA did not contact me back in time for the next school year and I was looking for somewhere else to attend college as my last fancy out of state Arts college/university ended up not working out as well as I had hoped and imagined. But to my (again) happy surprise, the 3-4 months I've only been at Pima so far and there isn't really anything that I don't like about it. The school and it's campuses are much MUCH larger, nicer, and well kept than I expected nor anticipated; and I'm actually learning a lot and really liking to loving all of my classes. Unfortunately I haven't made any particular really close, great friends at my school yet, but overall the abundance and diversity of my classmates always creates interesting conversations and intelligent answers. :) Finally to be completely honest I hope to continue my college degree experience as long as is needed and is needed for at Pima, and most of all I just sincerely hope and wish that PCC is the right choice for me and the acting/arts major I'm still trying to pursue. Last but not least, thanks HerCampus.com for leading me here to uniglo, seems like a pretty great, cool, and helpful site so thanks! :)

Justine

David

My classmates, while attending Pima Community College, are very diverse and allow for all ideas to be considered as well as looked upon equaly.

The advice I would give myself is to not be so timid. I will encourage myself to take chances and make bold decisions. This would help me get more experience with any task I have at hand but also allow me to be more noticable. I would also advise myself to be prepared for the cost of tuiton as tuiton prices are constantly rising with no end in site. To look into scholarships, grants, and various other types of financial aid opportunities as soon as possible.

I would brag that there area opportunities that allow students to leave with an Assosiates degree with no debt. I would brag about how much the financial aid covers for attending this particular school and how many of my colleagues have entered the medical field, typicaly as a technician, with the opportunites that are available to the students.

Makenzie

Knowing what I know now I would go back and tell me former self to enjoy my free time because in college and my adult life I will find it harder to find that free time.  I would warn myself on the difficulty with an online math class and the inability to ask for and get immediate help.  I would counsel myself to start and finish my homework in a more timely manner, that I could not get away with doing my homework the night before it was due and if I started feeling overwhelmed it is OK to miss a day or two as long as I was up to date with my work.  I would encourage myself to use the office hours my professor has set aside for help and to make friends in all of my classes.

The best thing at Pima, would be the availability of classes and at the times that work for me, as it is necessary that I maintain a full time job. I also find that classes are comparitively less in-expensive than that of the University of Arizona.

I like to brag about how inexpensive my classes are and how many different degrees that are available to each student. I like to express how easy the transistion from high school to college has been.

Khadijah

Pima Community College is succorance towards their students and staff.

Pima Community College is succorance towards their students and staff.

Pima Community College offers a student exchange program from Aguascalientes, Mexíco. ¡ Los estudiantes de Aguascalientes me han enseñado mucha Español! A International student exchange program for a community college is more than unique.

It's not as intimidating and scary as it all seems; whether it is a college application, job interview, or anything else just know that nerves are normal and that everything is going to end up OK. Also push yourself out of your comfort zones. College has so many oppurtunties to offer: why not step outside of what you know and take advantage of what is offered to you (especially if it is free). And lastly, it is ok to cry. Cry all the time, as much as you want. It is a vehement stress reliever and afterwards you feel like a new person and ready to tackle anything that comes your way. College is going to open so many oppurtunties to you:TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THEM ALL! And make a few life long friends a long the way.

J

Students range from high school students to people that are returning to school at a later point in life, as well as people from different religions and ethnicities.

Don't be a procrastinator because that trait will be your worst enemy when you go off to college. It's easy to just click the computer on and forget about the Mt. Everest of homework while serfing the sweet waves of the internet, but that won't benefit you at all. Talk to others by joining a club or volunteering, and don't be afraid to fail or be rejected. Don't forget that college costs money either (you'll find that your funds will quickly be depleted) and don't stop applying for scholarships to pay for school. Make time for friends; you don't have many and those that you do should know that you appreciate them. Hobbies are also important or you'll become as mad as a hatter and spout jabberwocky. Finally, and most importantly, believe in yourself! Doubt is natural, and you're going to wonder if you're making the correct choices in life over a million times before you find your calling. Don't be discouraged simply because one thing did not work out. You'll find where you are supposed to be in due time and have to be patient.

I wish I had known more about financial aid and how to find scholarships.

Francisco

This school is awsome in that the classes are small in size and their is help for all the courses you need to take here from tutors in the learning center for free.

Transitioning to college is scary but you can do it. Focus on school and help yourself. Don’t try to help others before you finish college. You will be more useful to others with a degree then without one. Also don’t be afraid of taking the hard classes. They will be challenging but well worth your time and effort. And if you ever get stuck in your coursework don’t be afraid to ask for help from a friend or a tutor. They will help you tremendously achieve your goals. I know you are a very shy person but get over it. Going through college will help you overcome this and make you a stronger person.

Pima Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.