Pima Community College Campus Life Reviews

Overall Review for Pima Community College

Miranda

Pima is awesome if you are just looking to get your work done and get on with your day. There are groups and clubs you could get involved in, however it is not much of an emphasis at all. If you are looking for the traditional "college experience" as far as the social aspects go, Pima probably is not for you. That being said, I love Pima and am so happy I chose to go there. The main reason being that you save a significant amount of money, class sizes are small, teachers are engaged and easy to reach, and schedule is flexible. I personally don't care a whole lot about having the full college experience because my main priorities right now are work and school, so being at Pima is a perfect fit for me.

Michelle

Pima Community College is a great stepping stone with college careers. Faculty definitely want students to succeed and thrive. Resources centers are available with flexible hours. Not to mention that their learning center is free. Professors put in the extra hours to help you become successful.

Justine

Not bad for community college.

Tatyana

My overall opinion of Pima Community College is that it's definitely a campus worth going to, before a student decides to attend a university. It's because first off, it's very affordable, class sizes are perfect and not too big, a student can get access to a professor pretty easily, and if a student is struggling, there are excellent tutors in the tutoring center that can help with any subject. I would 100% recommend this college to students that are looking for a school that isn't too expensive and want that one-on-one interaction with their professor.

Rochelle

It’s a great and affordable school! I would highly recommend starting at Pima community college before going to a actual university as it helps you ease into college life at a reasonable pace. No matter where the institution is you fill safe at all it’s campuses. Join Pima Honors! It’s a blast and academically helpful and inspiring.

Catherine Joy

Pima Community College is a welcoming and close group of students and faculty. Because it's a small campus, there are close groups of people and teachers that know their students by name. The environment created here has made me feel safe and comfortable during my first semester in college.

Sierra

Happily surprised is I think how I would so far sum up my experience at Pima Community College, or PCC for short. :) I am an off-campus but very nearby living student in her second year at her second college, but still studying Theatre/Acting as a Theatre major. (Indigo wouldn't let me choose it as an option for some reason, but Pima does have a great sized Theatre/Arts programs, to my knowledge anyway haha!) What led me to Pima in Tucson, AZ (which is usually known as the home of UofA) was actually helpfully suggested by a best friend, as unfortunately UofA did not contact me back in time for the next school year and I was looking for somewhere else to attend college as my last fancy out of state Arts college/university ended up not working out as well as I had hoped and imagined. But to my (again) happy surprise, the 3-4 months I've only been at Pima so far and there isn't really anything that I don't like about it. The school and it's campuses are much MUCH larger, nicer, and well kept than I expected nor anticipated; and I'm actually learning a lot and really liking to loving all of my classes. Unfortunately I haven't made any particular really close, great friends at my school yet, but overall the abundance and diversity of my classmates always creates interesting conversations and intelligent answers. :) Finally to be completely honest I hope to continue my college degree experience as long as is needed and is needed for at Pima, and most of all I just sincerely hope and wish that PCC is the right choice for me and the acting/arts major I'm still trying to pursue. Last but not least, thanks HerCampus.com for leading me here to uniglo, seems like a pretty great, cool, and helpful site so thanks! :)

Bernabe

It is a great place to get started on your dream. It is really affordable and Pima is extremely proud of their nursing program. the professors are mostly amazing and really take the time to build connections with their students. The environment is quite relaxed.

Sebastian

i love the college because its close to home and its really cheap and affordable which is really convenient. Also the campus isn't that big which I really like and the class sizes are perfect and the instructors really care about which I really like.

I believe Pima is a great way to get all your general credits out of the way. It also is very cost efficient and saves students a lot of money that they would be spending at a public university. I do think Pima can be a little too easy and can have some professors that don't care about their students or their teaching careers.

Liza

Pima Community College is not just a place where you come to knock out a few general education courses or get an associates degree. The professors here really genuinely care and provide you with an education far above the surrounding colleges. I would recommend Pima to anyone seeking a step into higher learning.

Mariana

I really have enjoyed my time at Pima Community College and feel that I have gained a great education for a great price. Also student involvement in clubs here is really small but was an amazing experience for me and allowed me to meet more students and find a sense of belonging. Also there are opportunities to get to travel to school sponsored trips on the college's dime especially through the Phi Theta Kappa honor society.

Alison

If you're looking for a unique college experience, Pima is the place. It provides a quality education from qualified professors for a fraction of the cost of going to a large university. Pima's culture is all about inclusiveness and respect which is great to see. There are so many different walks of life at Pima so be prepared to meet interesting people. The facilities are great and there's several different campuses around town so it is very accessible. The classroom sizes at Pima are wonderful. There's so much student and teacher interaction, it makes it easy to be successful here. As well, I received many opportunities to volunteer and apply for leadership and scholarship opportunities that I would not have had otherwise.

Kayli

For my first year at Pima Community College I really enjoy it. The professors I've had are always there to help, and I enjoy the smaller classes. It makes the professors more accessible, instead of 300 students wanting to talk to to professor at once. I am glad this is the college I was able to attend before I go to a University.

Karina

Pima Community College is a great start for those individuals like myself who can’t afford a four year university. They offer great education for a less price. It’s also a smaller campus so it’s easier to get a hold of professors when needed. I’ll be graduating Pima in May and will be headed to the University of Arizona. Looking forward to a new start.

Ruben

Pima Community College ultimately is not a complete university experience. Its true purpose is to use it as a stepping stone to an even much higher for of education. Many students, including myself are currently using it to acquire an associates degree for transfer to a true four year university. Pima is also the last of what would have been considered a vocational school with many different programs for those who choose to better themselves in blue collar fields. Pima currently is the best option for those who are seeking a higher form of education or specialization in some field but do not have a clear idea where to start.

Annette

PCC has a variety of courses at campuses all in different parts of town and some at local public domains. PCC also provides a comprehensive catalog of online courses. I was able to benefit form some quality professors that prepared me to successfully enter into a university.

Pima Community College is such a diverse population of students. We are all unique in our own way, but we are also very alike in many ways. We all come from a different background of family generations. From experience, students at Pima are first time college attendees, they will be the first to graduate with a college degree. I can relate because I too am the first family member who will complete my degree.

Edson

The school campus is very nice, it has great views and the library is very helpful there’s a lot of material that can help you out with studying. The class size is a good size, I believe so and I say that because it’s not too big it’s perfect size and helps you be closer to the teacher and learn better. Get a better understanding and not be afraid to ask question because sometimes when it’s a big class people are afraid to talk in front of the class. The food has some bad items and some good items but I think it should contain more healthy items.

Kenzi

I really enjoy attending Pima Community College, especially the Desert Vista campus. Everyone there is super nice and wants you to succeed. I am currently taking classes at the Desert Vista campus and the East campus. Although I enjoy the professors at East campus, every professor I've had at Desert Vista campus have gone above and beyond what's necessary to help their students.

Sabrina

I believe it it a great starter community college, but the advisors want you to stay at Pima longer. They are not very helpful. But the classes and teachers are great! I love how the class sizes are small enough to where to teachers know your name and actually care about how you are doing in the class. They want you to succeed and will be there whenever they are needed!

Mila

. It's a decent school and keeps me motivated toward my goals. The studies and classes are very understandable. Teachers are always willing to work with you and listen to what you have to say about what you feel confused or lost on. Not everything can be relatable or understood when other students see ways to goof off and distract other students. Generally speaking there is not one student who doesn’t have an opinion about what they have to say. Every student have their own opinion and statement about the subjects on hand. Good or bad no one has an attitude of self-entitlement showing they have appreciation for the education and teachers. The student help each other out little by little making it well understood that you are not alone in what you are educating yourself towards. Every little bit is great one little bit at a time. The knowledge I have taken with a grain of salt because everyone is different and every kind of knowledge is very informative with help of other students of course. I do not believe everyone is a genius but I understand that everyone has a sense of much knowledge that very few individuals are willing to enhance. No one is the same or perfect in that sense as well since there is no perfect answer. Good or bad or words of wisdom that doesn’t fully make sense can all be different but helpful one person at a time. No one will be understood if they don’t voice what they need to and since the teachers and students all encourage self-speech it is very helpful towards being yourself and being well educated with the knowledge that you can always learn more.

Cristian

This school is way better than what others put it to be. In high school it was kind of like a bad college to go to but now that I am actually attending Pima is really not a bad school. I like that almost everyone else that attends can be super friendly and nice. The help is always there when you need it. The classes are not big so there is more time with the professors. So overall I think this is a pretty good college.

Robert

Pima is a great institution for students to start off their post high school academic career, regardless if you are straight out of high school, or if you are deciding to return to school. Tuition is inexpensive, and the resources available to students is second to none. I would recommend Pima to any student.

Dixie

I do love the college. It offers a good education at a decent price. A lot better than the local university prices. There's not any on campus housing, but there are multiple campuses around town, which makes it more accessible. The teachers are usually awesome, even the online ones. There are a few teachers who are super passionate and it makes me want to learn more and take more classes in that subject. They offer a lot of different classes as well. You can definitely go here to figure out what you want to do. The facilities are also well maintained and each campus has a general theme. I enjoy going to Pima a lot!

Kelsie

Overall, I really love Pima Community College. I think it's a great "transition" from high school to university. It's obviously way cheaper than the university, so it's nice to get your general education done here. The teaching staff is awesome and accessible, and the resources provided are always open and helpful.

Baylee

I am about to start my fourth semester at PCC and have loved it so far. The classes are easy and the class sizes are decent. I am always able to contact my professors if needed. I have had a couple bad experiences with a couple professors but the rest have been great. Overall i would recumbent attending PCC to others.

Jaylene

I attend the west campus and it is easy to not get lost. For being the arts campus there is not that many available course hours. The foreign language departments is also getting smaller since classes are not being filled. Most of the teachers are amazing and so is the campus, the curriculum is not as big as expected. Due to this many classes will interfere with each others hours, set your priorities. There is a little selection of clubs but no drama or dance club. Any student can go to the office and fill paper work in the office to start a club if you would like.

I love it! I have continuously been provided with everything I need to succeed here. Class sizes are on the smaller side so it gives all students an equal opportunity to have one-on-one with the teacher. My teachers have all been amazing. They are all easily accessible outside of class and give me EXACTLY what I need to succeed both inside and outside of the classroom.

Pima has a sense of community and the professors really try to help you succeed. There are many facilities on campus that can help you succeed however some things could use improvement. I also with there were more classes offered and more on campus activities for students to participate in.

PCC is a great example of their niche of institution. The school's primary focus are associates degrees for transfer to state universities through their Transfer Admission Guarantee program and their trade degrees. PCC keeps class sizes small, and we're always encouraged to discuss course-relevant issues with each other. The professors are generally fun and genuinely invested in the success of every student they work with. We are always encouraged to do our best, and if we fall behind our professors and advisors are there to get us back on track. While PCC doesn't have on-campus housing or some of the amenities that large school has, we are nestled in the beautiful desert city of Tucson. The main campus is surrounded by local eateries, a vibrant downtown, and immense connections to the city's proud cultural heritage. On the secondary campus, students can look out into the desert and see coyotes, cactus wrens, saguaro cactus and other staples of our Sonoran Desert wildlife. I love attending PCC because it has the education I need, the student culture I want, and a setting that I couldn't feel more at home in.

Ericka

I have made a lot friends throughout this college. The staff members are really helpful and nice. They all mean well and try to do the best that they can. All of the campuses are really well dine and very creative. As a campus they try to improve It and make it more enjoyable. I have enjoyed my time here at Pima Community College

Christa

I have my first semester of college under my belt, and I am glad to have spent it at Pima Community College. I was a little nervous coming into college - I didn't know what to expect. The campus that I attend is easy to navigate, and the class sizes are always comfortable. The teachers are available outside of class, are always helpful, and they make class fun. The environment is friendly and open, and the shops have everything you might need.

Rosa

I am taking all my classes online for an Education Certificate. I have not experience the "on-campus" life, as I hardly go there. The times I have been at Pima, the environment seems nice and relaxed. The teachers, coordinators and advisors I have worked with, seem highly professional and responsible. Never have had a problem.

Amaris

Pima Community College is the place to be for any undergraduate student because it has excellent academic standing within the community and provides magnificent volunteer opportunities to students in order to assist the local community based on its needs. The environment is warm and very welcoming. The best part is students are encouraged to become active participants in their own learning as they strive for their own perfect future. I can not think of any place I would rather be.

Joyce

I like it. If you need help you can go as for it and it's available. They have different campuses and you can chooose which one is convenient. West campus does not have healthy food. The Desert Vista campus does. The staff are always willing to help and are accessible, you just need to go and find them.

Alyssa

I am an out of state student, so going through the applications and registration process has been a lengthy process indeed. Luckily and very thankfully, the staff has been very helpful and understanding throughout. I really cannot wait to spend the next two years at a school I know I will benefit from tremendously.

Shannah

You get what you pay for. Most people come here so they can get rid of some of their general education classes out of the way before going onto a really expensive 4 year university. It's good for what it's worth and the class sizes are small so it's nice to have a smaller environment to learn in.

Rebeca

College is all about trying out the things people were once afraid it to do or did not have the chance to do so, That is what Pima Community College is all about. It may lack student housing inside campus, but there are affordable apartments found near all the campuses. The fascinating thing about this college is the environment. Not only does the staff is always wiling to help, they are kind. Students are always able to seek and find help whenever they need. Overall opinion is that Pima Community College is a great start for people who are willing to commit into their studies and great desires.

Rebecca

I love this school. There are a bunch of activities that can get many students involved. I personally like the environment and the class sizes are perfect! Everyone can engage in discussions and it is very inclusive. The school has several opportunities to make your college resume excellent in order to transfer.

Benjamin

Overall I think pima is a really good school and also great for students who are not sure if they will be able to manage life on a University campus. The classes are not over-sized so no student has to worry about not getting the attention they need from their professors.

Laith

I have had a great experience at Pima Community College. The first day I went in for placement tests and the staff were incredibly kind and helpful. They have great material and the teachers always try their best to teach a subject in an easy and fun way. Overall, it is one of the best experiences I have had at a school.

SARAH

It is a good community college. It may not operate at the same level of academic acclaim as a university but it makes up for it in good faculty and good student to teacher ratios. Small classes give more opportunity to get to know your classmates and more of a community feel.

Dania

I think it is a small school, but that’s because it is in Nogales. I think it is a great start to get your basics!

Victor

It's a great learning environment. There are a lot of people who belittle Pima but really have no reason to. From my experience in college Pima has had a great influence with setting me up for success. The professors specifically from the Communication department have been by far my favorite. The instructors have done a great job of teaching their curriculum and helping me develop into a better qualified professional for tomorrow.

Dennis

I would definitely go to Pima because I can get away from family and explore places and new community college and just be around new people and a new location, their classes are probably smaller and make it easier to go to school and learn more too.

Maria

I am very thankful to be a part of this college community. Even after graduating I am choosing this college to return to in order to continue my education. I really have enjoyed this experience. The class sizes are great and the library is awesome.

Julissa

For me my college campus is great! The teachers are always so nice, and friendly. The staff is always eager to help students. The library is open until 7 Mondays to Fridays so pretty much you can always have access to the internet if you need to write a paper. Pima is a great starting point for students like me that come from a small town and does not yet feel comfortable gong to a big University.

Isabella

Great for small class sizes and a fraction of the cost of a university with professors just as great or even better. Many options for majors and classes with times you choose and awesome advisors and counselors who help greatly with choosing classes needed for your major and make sure you understand all information.

Joanna

This is a great college to complete all your general education requirements. The cost is much, much lower than a 4 year university. The professors are knowledgeable, dedicated, and always available. The classes are challenging without being overwhelming. Classes are small. Parking is free.