Las Vegas, NV
Pima Medical Institute-Las Vegas

1 Rating

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pima Medical Institute-Las Vegas

Rachelle

I enjoy radiography at this school. Classes are fair and resources are always readily available. Instructors are open when you have questions and grades are live so you always know what you have. I currently am in my externships and feel blessed.

My classmates can be described as determined, we all have a great determination to better ourselves and further our education...

Pima medical instiute is unique from other schools in the fact that it keeps its standards higher then most others. My grades must be no lower than a B to pass, and we need to keep all of our knowlege on the top of our game to compete our certifications. They have hands on experiences to ensure that you learn in all formats, the vetrinary technician program even volunteers at the animal shelters.

Going back in time is a benafite we all wish could be possible, talking to our youger selves a dream most carry. When i was a senior in high school i coul really have used the advice. I would tell my self that its ok to not being doing whats normal. All of my friends were being accepted into universities and here i was barley getting into community college. I was in a bad mental state thinking that I was not going anywhere in life, it cost me and my family a lot of money and two years of time. I could really have used the encouragment. To be told that there is no normal process and that if i wanted to wait i could have, would have made it easier. Looking back, theres a lot i would tell my younger self, but that not doing the normal is ok, thats what i needed most.

Dion

I would tell myself to take advantage of the opportunties available to me. To select a field of study that will allow for me to work no matter what the circumstances may be as far as the economy is concerned and/or if there is a possibility for a potential "outsourcing" of my position. I would also inform myself to ALWAYS make sure to be in touch with my department counselors to make sure that ALL of my credits count towards graduation. Also, to make sure that whatever classes that are taken are also able to transfer just in case I may need to relocate. On a personal note, I would tell myself to get more involved with the students and some of the activities taking place on campus and take advantage of the networking that could take place. To not only allow myself to grow academically, but to allow myself to grow personally as well. Also, the MOST IMPORTANT thing I would tell myself is not to QUIT no matter what the circumstances may be and to ALWAYS use whatever legal resources I could to make sure that I could SEE IT THROUGH to receive my college undergraduate degree!

The admission of certain types of students to the school. The problem is the lack of discipline some of the potential students display before being admitted. Unfortunately after being admitted, these same student types tend to always be the ones that have personal issues that bring down the rest of the class. I am not saying that it is wrong for the school to accept those who want to better themselves. I'd just rather see the school accept those who prove they want to be there than those who don't just to fill the quota for the month.

I would have to say the lack of organization the school has in getting things done. For example, it would seem to make more sense for the school to make sure ALL school related expenses are covered in the cost for those receiving financial aid. For some of the students, they are not able to afford $300+ dollars for added expenses such as drug test, immunization shots, background checks and such on a short notice. Especially when some of these people are enrolled seeking employment (due to not finding stable employment, trying to reclassify) or on a very limited income.

• $0

Pima Medical Institute-Las Vegas administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.