Chestnut Hill, MA
Pine Manor College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pine Manor College

Oceane

My mother had to give up her education and her teenage life to work to give me a better future. That is why I will work hard to be successful and follow my passion to lead a better life than my parents had. To do so I will go to Pine Manor College because I believe that it will provide the education and information needed to help me succeed in my major. I will prove to my mother that her hard work was worth it. I will make my own future and be the successful man my mother and my friends see in me.

Shaneka

If I could go back in time to talk to myself in highschool about college I woulld tell myself to take school more serious because school is not a joke. I would also tell myself to apply to way more schools because you do not want to end up in a school that you hate but you you cannot transfer because you will lose all of your credit. The last thing I would tell myself is that life is not a joke because once you get to college you are on your own and you will not have anyone to help you.

The worst thing about my school is that is it way too expensive, the dorms are horrible, we do not have wifi, and the food sucks. First my school its about 46,000 and that increases each year. Second our room and board is about 6,000 per semester the dorms look horrible and they're super old. Third the food is so nasty it makes me sick. We also do not have any wifi so we have to use internet cords.

When I tell my friends about Pine Manor I brag a lot about how the school is so diverse.

Carline

The unique things about my school compared to others is mainly the diversity. Pine Manor has a Kings college on campus that accomdates to international students and Ai is also on campus. So not only do you have international students but you have artistic students as well. So as a whole, Pine Manor is filled with a bunch of various personalities and cultures.

If I could talk to my high school senior self, I would tell her to stop. I would tell her to stop and just drop everything; just think. Recollect every doubt she ever had and put them in a time capsule. I know life has been hard with the loss of your father but you are worth so much more than just a young woman who has not had a male role model in your life. You are a leader. You became a youth organizer your sophomore year in high school and were in so many news articles, and TV! You broke out of your shell and present your poetry in front of thousands of people, you are going to college. No matter how hard life has hit you, you overcame a lot in your life and you should be extremely proud. Everything that has happened to you, you grown from it and you are the best role model anyone can ever have. So stop. Go outside, walk around with your poetry journal and just write. Dump out the negativity, the positivity and just give room for the next chapter in your life. You’ve came so far. Good luck!

The kind of person that should attend this school is someone who is a leader. This school needs a lot more activities on campus and it's up to the students to be the ones to create them. Someone who is very vocal and assertive to the things they want changed or improved in school. If someone is the kind of person to work in small groups, with small classes and a wide range of diversity, Pine Manor is the school for you. Also, if you like to have one on one times with the professors, you can.

vanessa

When I started to understand stuff is right now as a freshman. I tried very hard in high school and graduated with a 3.8 grade point average and still sometimes I wish I could go back to do more in High school because affording college is super expensive especially for first-year generation. If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to take evry opportunity seriously and get involve in many things as I can and not waisting not even a second during this last year because at the end, when you are recieving your college letters, that is when you will realize if you spend your time playing or if you were actually working hard. I would advise myself to apply for a thousand of scholarship because those people really want to help you but it is up to you to take the first step by applyying and fufil all te requirements and at the end, scholarship might be paying all your tuition for you and it is a blessing to have this opportunity because not everyone can be that lucky to have that opportunity.

I wish I knew how to recieve mor money to recieve financial Aid

I would say the shuttle because sometimes it does not want to show up on time and as a commuter who is also have a bad knee, it can make you want to quit on going to school due to the cold weather.

vanessa

If i had the opportunity to go back in time i would tell myself not to give up keep on going no matter what life throws at you, Because you are nothing with out a high school diploma.

Siqi

They are so friendly and work hard. They have their own thoughts about themselves.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior as I am going to become a college student, I would give myself three advices. Because I am an international student, so the first advice would be well-prepared in my English. In detail, I should recite vocabularies, listen English lectures and talk more. After I came to America, I felt the environment was difficult for me to get used to because of my poor English. Secondly, the advice would be choose a college that can suits me very well, which could help me build up my confidence and learn new things. At first, I choosed a college that has a very strong academics. However, that excellent college doesn't belong to me. I felt disappointed and couldn't concentrated on learning at that time. Thirdly, the advice could be don't be shy and attend more activities. In general, I didn't attend many activities so far, as a result, I just has a small social group. Know more people could help me see another colorful world.

Not enough courses to select, one course only has no more than two professors to select. The choices are limited.

Xiara

My school is a friendly environment for new students to expand their educational values and beliefs.

I would tell the seniors in my high school that college is a whole new setting that they may not be used to. There are certain things that you can do in high school that you would not be able to do in college such as procrasinate and not do you work simply because you just will not succeed. College life is more of a independent setting whether you live on campus or you are a commuter student. You are responsible for making sure that you get your work in on time and you correctly time manage when you will have time to study and when it is time to enjoy the experience.

There is nothing bad about my school. I feel that my school is the perfect example of a school that fits the needs of any particular individual.

Vanessa

In high school i never thought that i would be attending College due to the fact that i am an undocumented student. I would tell myself to continue doing hard and to not get discourged even when i wasn't able to apply for Financial Aid because in the end it would all work out because of my good grades and my perseverance.

One of the worst things about my school is that there aren't as many courses offered that actually peak a students interest. The majority of the courses mostly consist of Biology courses and Psychology courses. The courses that are offered for Social and Political Science are limited and at times only offered every other semester.

I tell my friends that i love that the school is so small. I can talk to my professor about any of my worries and they are always very undertanding because of the teacher to student ratio in the classroom.

Pine Manor College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.