Pinellas Technical College-St. Petersburg Top Questions

Sarina

If I were ever given the opportunity to revisit and advise my high school self, I would adamantly stress the importance of self-motivation. In high school, we have teachers and guidance counselors that hold our hands, and help to keep us focused. Conversely, in college, it is up to you, and you only, to make sure you get your work done, order and purchase the learning materials, and meet tuition deadlines, among other things. Despite the difficulties of getting into my college of choice, it is also up to me, the student, to listen, take notes, and study the coursework and material. With that being said, it is imperative that the student stays organized. Notes are useless if they're not legible, and/or you cant find them. I, unfortunately, had to learn that the hard way. The transition from high school to college is one of many challenges. However, if I could go back to my senior year and tell myself, and fellow students, that as long as they posses self-motivation, can focus and take legible notes, and stay organized, the transition from high school to college will be less difficult, and hopefully alot easier.

phuc

I would tell myself "college is nothing like high school". You have to stay on top of the game and study harder and plan smarter than what you did in high school. College can be the cross roads of life and career. It is time to grow up and do things the right way, make the right choices , and don't let your opportunity fade away. So get ready to open you books, sharpen your pencils, and start drawing your future. It is time to step up Phuc Nguyen!

Krystle

I would say don't let my advisor and my boyfriend decide my course of education. I know it seems like an odd thing to say but what I love to do is help animals. They were trying to persuade me to do accounting or some other career that involved math because I was so good at math. The truth is that you may be really good at something does not mean you love it. I don't want to walk into an office and say my god I hate this job. I want to be excited about what the day is going to bring me. My parents have always said to chose a career that suits your wants and needs and not what everyone else wants for you. They encouraged me to go towards working around animals and though I may be really good at math it is not something I like to do on an everyday basis. Though if you go in to a clinic you know it does involve math when you are calculating perscriptions. SO really I have the best of both worlds.