Winterville, NC
Pitt Community College

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pitt Community College

Chelcie

I would tell myself that I made the right decision in living at home while going to school. It's hard at times because at my age I am ready for some independence. At home, I have been able to concentrate on my grades and stay out of trouble, not to mention hold down a steady job and save some money.

I would recommend it to anyone. It's great for thsoe who want to go on and transfer to another school, or for someone looking for a starter degree, or for someone who just wants a two year degree. It saves money.

I'm getting just as good an education as they are, but for a lot less money.

Morgan

Appreciate the opportunity you've been given and take advantage of it. Don't be affected by outside sources and never accept the idea that failure is inevitable. Perserverance is your most important attribute, and you owe it to yourself not to squander it. Figure out what's important to you, and explore it. The things that you learn in your formative years will be the tools you carry with you through life. Learn as much as possible.

If I could go back in time to my senior year of high school, I would definitely study more. In high school I hardly ever studied. So now that I am in college, I find it very difficult to study. College is much more difficult and requires that I study. Since I never studied in high school, I really don't know how to study. If I had better prepared myself in high school, I think that I would have better grades in college.

There are many great things about my school. I would have to say though, the best thing about my school, Pitt Community College, are the small class sizes. The size of each class has the perfect amount of students in them, not too many or too few. Since the class sizes are small you can get personal one-on-one time with the teacher, which helps me out a great deal.

I would definitely have to say that the most frustrating thing about my school is the parking. The school is growing so rapidly that there are never empty parking spaces. I have to arrive at school thirty minutes early to try and find a spot. It is very frustrating, but it is just a minor problem that I can live with.

Akeem

The parking at my school is very unique, also the school is always growing. They finished building a student center over the summer, and now their about to finish another building (that connects to othe buildings). Also the enrollment rate is increasing really fast.

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior, I would tell myself to pay more attention in class and to annoy one of the stores in the area to giving me a job (because bettering yourself with education is a debt creator). I would also tell myself to be prepared for setbacks, because alot of people have their own interests in mind. I would explain to myself that going to bed earlier helps alot and a good number of the thing on television isn't worth my time, so sell it. I would also give all my money to the H.S. senior me, because it would help me in the long run. I would tell myself to put the money in a mutual fund or highest interest bearing savings account I could find. I would also tell myself to cancel my bank of america account and to stay away from car "repairers" and dealers, just to save myself some more time and money. Simply put I would be in a better position than I'm in now.

I wish I knew how important a students GPA is, I wish I knew how schools (in general) rely on alot of a students money (not just for tution, but for books, gas, etc.)

Crystal

The thing that makes my school unique is how eveyone on campus does not only think about themselves but look out for others around them. The teachers do everything in their power to help their students succeed, they make sure while you are in their class they attend to their student when they need assistance. They do not neglect, discourage, or put down their students, but encourage us to keep going because we will not make it in this world if w give up. Our teachers require us to get to kow our classmates as well. We use teamwork.

If I could go back to my senior year of high school I would tell myself, not to be nervous but stay curious, anxious and willing to learn. I would tell myself that as hard as I am working to get into college, work as hard to be successful in college. Be curious because you are working towards your future and your furture is not far away after. Stay anxious because college is a great and rewarding experience and that some do not get the same reward. Stay willing to learn because it is your future and you need to stay focused on your dreams and goals. When you feel like you want to give up, you push yourself even harder and focus on what you want to achieve. Never settle for less, then what you want because nobody can make you fail or succeed, it is up to you and nothing is to hard or easy, life is challenging but nothing is impossible as long as you stay strong focused, and willing to achieve what you want to achieve. Keep striving, stay educated, stare down what you want in life and go get it. Your future starts today.

I wish I had known about scholarships that I could have gotten and worked for. I was denied by Finacial Aide twice, so I had to pay out of pocket for the two years I have been at my school. With gas prices rising, groceries to buy, the car needs such as gas, oil, filters, monthely payments, books, personal items and more, it is very frustration. Going to school full time and not having time to work, or choose to work and then fail school which is not an option, it is very stressful.

Pitt Community College administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.