Pittsburg, KS
Pittsburg State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pittsburg State University

Jason

Students at PSU are driven to work hard to achive their goal of getting a good job once they graduate, while maintaining a freindliness to peers.

The advice I would have givin myself would be to make sure all classes that I took at the local community college would transfer corectly.

Internet is probably the most frustrating as the school with the student population makes the internet slow.

Pittsburg is known for the education department, the jazz music and the partying.

My advice is to visit as many colleges as possible and look at all the options when choosing a college or university. Always ask for the smallest details about the programs they have and the finacial aid you may be recieving; you can never have too much information. Students, this is a big part of you life and you deserve to get everything that you can out of it, don't let your decision be dictated by you parents. You should take their advice, as well as mine with a grain of salt and go to school where you will be happy. As I've learned the hard way, a good student is a happy student.

Pittsburg is a great school for someone who likes to have fun, study hard and meet new people.

Amy

The financial aid is very helpful to most students. There are many international students.

Try to find a college that matches your lifestyle and beliefs. For example, try not to attend a very religious college if you don't have any religious affiliation; or don't attend a conservative university if you have more liberal beliefs - this will make you feel out of place! Once in college, work on a balance between school and your social life - don't let one keep you from engaging in the other. Open yourself to new experiences, including new people, their cultures, new ways to think, and new activities. Don't go home every weekend! Join clubs or other student organizations. Choose your major very wisely. Never pick something because it makes a lot of money. Imagine something you would want to do even if you weren't getting paid for it - then choose that as your major. Also don't choose something simply because you're good at it. Great at numbers, but hate math? Don't be a math major! In summary, allow yourself to open up more in college - there's tons of new experiences waiting. Don't get too bogged down with one thing. Make it 4 years you'll really remember!

Small town setting, conservative state (KS), some students can be unaccomodating or rude towards international students, little to no emphasis on being environmentally conscious on campus

Caitlin

Pittsburg State University is best known for our mascot, Gus the Gorilla. There is no other school in America with a Gorilla mascot, which, I think, makes our desire for school spirit very strong. I am involved in Cross Country and Track, and have also attended many other sporting events where I have seen so much school spirit from many teammates and students. Our Gorilla spirit stands out strong against other schools and that's why we always cheer and say GOOOOOOO-RILLAS!!!

When I began taking many college visits my senior year of high school, I payed close attention to what I looked for in colleges to help me figure out which one was the best choice for me. What I was wanted in a college was a place that had a friendly atmosphere, was not too big but not too small, had the desired majors available I was interested in, and basically a place I could call home. Choosing the right school was a hard and stressful process, but once I found one that suited my needs, I knew it was going to be the place for me. To students trying to figure out where they would like to continue their schooling, i think they need to decide what they are looking for. Once students decide that, take their visits, and think about their options, they will be able to make the right choice. Parents helping should be supportive with whatever their child wants to do. After making the relieving choice and once attending the college, I would tell students to stay involved in many activities to meet new friends, and make lasting relationships to have an unforgettable college experience!

The best thing about my school, Pittsburg State University, is that I always feel very comfortable with other students, faculty members, and club leaders. As a student athlete, it has given me a chance to meet many more people that I have become great friends with. The university is filled with many aspiring people that I have come to know, and that have been so welcoming from the start. There is nothing better than feeling at home where you go to school, and I am so happy I have been able to experience that that feeling!

Aaron

The best thing about Pittsburg state is that the student population are really close. Outside of class i don't spend much time on campus exept of sporting events. The administration is great. Pittsburg, Kansas is a college toen, the student population makes up half of the cities population.

There are a lot of students from other countries that attend Pitt State. i guess we have the typical college student.

for the most part. a good solid 70 percent of the student population party on a regular basis. Pittsburg State is located in southeastern Kansas so there is a far share of rednecks.

My favorite classes are my core automotice classes. Students to study on a regular basis. The most unique class i have taken is a history class on the state of Kansas. The academic requirements are the same with the other public universities in Kansas Pitt State has one of the best automotive programs in the nation.

Pitt State has 6 fraternities and 3 sororities. Stydents have the opporutity to be apart of a student organization. I met my closest friends in class. Students in their dorm room do leave there door open. Athletes blend in with the rest of the student population. The Dating scene is typical for a college. if i was up on a tuesday morning, i would be study'n or asleep. People party on Wednesday, friday and saturday, and once in a while on a thursday. My last weekend in Pittsburg, there was a block party with about 1000 people.

Anothing but partiers and rednecks

Donald

Pittsburg State University is a school with small classes where the professors can work with you on a personal one on one lev...

Pittsburg State University is a school with small classes where the professors can work with you on a personal one on one level.

The campus is very well organized and are many places to relax or do your school work in a nice quite place.

Some people think that they need to go to a bigger university because it looks better in the long run. But what I've found out while attending is Pittsburg State is the smaller the classes the easier it is to learn what is being taught. The professors make it their responsability to help you with whatever you need. It is also significantly less expensive which is very helpful, not only for me but my parents as well.

Keirsti

Pitt State is a fun, small, down to earth great place to learn and attend school.

Visit the College because if the campus does not feel like you are ment to be there then you probably aren't. The way the school makes you feel on the first or second visit can determine where you will spend the next four years.

I brag about much fun we have during classes. Once you meet a friend in class you have met a friend for life.

Tony

Our school is known for our well rounded Teacher Education program.

Our school is known for our well rounded Teacher Education program.

Research each school well and visit the campus and talk to student who attend there.

Neil

My classmates are eager to learn yet many times unwilling to put forth the necessary effort to do so.

The college experience is one that is multi-faceted . The balance of school, social life, and extracurricular activities can prove to be quite intracate. Firstly, school should always be priority. GO TO CLASS! Commiting just small amounts of time for study and homework goes a long way. Try not to concentrate on one activity or group of people. Try to dabble in things that you may not be completely comfortable with initially. Broadening one's scope of different culture and ways of life is something that I feel is absolutely necessary to being a good member of society. Next, study abroad if it is possible for any student. Although it can prove to be costly, the experience and people you meet around the world are most definitely worth it; I know from experience. Lastly, but not least, have fun. Don't be afraid to make friends with lots of people and try to find pleasure in everything you do. Try to find a school that you think will be supportive of who you are and who you would like to be.

I wish that I had a direct career path before I enrolled in this school. If I had the chance, I would most definitely change my major to something involved with science, physics, or engineering.

Pittsburg State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.