Pittsburg, KS
Pittsburg State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Pittsburg State University

Janelle

If I could go back in time, I would talk to myself as a high school senior. I would tell myself the importance of higher education and that I should work on it from the time I graduated from high school. I would encourage myself to choose a career and to do whatever was needed to obtain a college degree. I got married and had my first child at 18. I had dreams to go to college, but chose to stay home and raise my children. I wish now that I would have taken at least one class a semester and worked slowly towards my degree. I worked a low-paying, part-time job for 14 years while I raised my two kids. When my first child was in junior high I decided to go back to school. I wanted to be a good example to my kids and let them see how important it was to go to college. Now, there is really no excuse for people to not earn their degree. With many online degrees and financial help, college can be an obtainable goal for anyone.

Anyone interested in pursuing higher education should attend Pittsburg State University. They offer traditional, online, and night classes to meet the needs of all. The college has smaller classes and lots of majors and minors to choose from.

Those who are not will to work hard should not attend Pittsburg State University. The professors demand 100% from the students and are willing to help students achieve that. Also, those who do not want to live in a small town should not attend this college

If I could go back in time and talk to myself as a high school senior I would tell myself to do more research about schools, extra-curricular activites, and even scholarships. I thought that I did a fine job of researching but what I didn't know was that I was really not well enough prepared. I did go to community college before transferring to a four-year institution. I would tell myself that, even though it would save me money, it is very difficult to transfer. Some credits don't transfer and it seems like it puts me further behind than I would have been. I would tell myself that if I would work harder to get scholarships then I would be able to go to a four-year institution for all four years. Most of all though, I would tell myself that no matter what happens, it will be okay. I just need to believe in myself and keep my head up and my eyes toward the goal to graduate.

I wish that I would have taken tests like the ACT more seriously, taken more college classes, and learned more about how college would be. I didn't have anyone to help me through the change to college. It would have made it a lot easier for me if I would have taken the leap to find out for myself, rather than waiting for someone to tell me how it would be.

This is a great school. It is nice for those who do not have a lot of money. First, it is not an expensive school. Also, anything after ten credit hours is free . It helps a lot so that a student may take a lot of hours in a semester but not be burdened to pay more money. I feel good about attending Pittsburg State University.

DeAnna

My classmates are very enthusiastic, talented, inquisitive, and smart.

My classmates are very enthusiastic, talented, inquisitive, and smart.

Dear DeAnna, I'm so proud of you for choosing to go to college at Pittsburg State University! I wanted to give you some advice before you go down to school, knowing what I do now. Do not be afraid to help others different from you. Coming from a small rural town, diversity was never an option, but at Pittsburg it is very diverse. Be prepared to learn from other cultures, other religions, and people that you never thought you would befriend, in the end it will help you become a more well-rounded person. Remember to put school work before play time. College gives you more freedom than you have ever had before, so you must learn to manage your time well. Don't procrastinate with your projects or you will get behind! Be sure to take every bit of advice that you receive from professors and try to understand where they are coming from. Pittsburg is full of opportunities and chances to stay involved, so do have fun, but remember that school comes first! Stay true to yourself and never change for anyone because you are amazing the way that you are!

I can't think of anything that is truely frustrating. My school is very diverse, involved, and fun.

Marissa

I would say that Pittsburg State is mostly known for all the partying that goes on. Also our school is known for our football, and i'm sure our academic success.

My first advice to myself would be to spend more time applying for scholarships. Since so much of my time is takin up by school and practice, I have no time for a job and money is hard to come across. I would have also told myself to work during the summers to save up some money for college. Most importantly I would ask myself if I really wanted to be so far away from my family and all of the people that love me and care about me. When I was making my college decision I was focussing so much on what "I" wanted and what was best for "me," that I did not even stop to think about what would be best for my family; especially my little sister. I would tell myself that if I stayed with her I would be able to help guide her and keep her out of trouble. There have been plenty of instances, since I have been in college, that would have went a lot smoother if only I were closer to my family. I would tell myself to think of others while I was making my decision.

This is not the best place for people who don't enjoy partying. I suppose many colleges are that way though. People who aren't alright with not having very much diversity probably shouldn't come here either.

Very helpful to each other.

Very helpful to each other.

Ask questions about your career choice. Determine to have someone to keep you focused ( to be accountable to). Find study groups for each subject, even if you don't need help. You will find valuable resources and contacts through your peers. Make time to volunteer in the community you are being educated in. Find a church home and do some of the things at church were you came from. Join clubs that will help you after graduation. Start a scholarship finding club for current students needing help with financial aide and help them build confidence as you learn to apply for them also. Look for jobs you can work partime that offer tuition assisatance. Start investing earliy with refunds from student loans and grants, (buying stocks and bonds) to help pay back any money borrowed to fund your education. Look for students from your home high school and mentor them, help them to be accountable to you or others. Last but not least find an outlet to have fun that do not pull you away from your purpose for going to college.

The job opportunities in my field of study for African Americans. Printing management is a degree for those who have family or leads from business associates.

The first thing I would tell myself is that if you want to go to a State College GPA is the only thing that matters. It's okay to take the easier classes and not the AP or College Prep Courses. I have a friend who took the basic classes and she graduated highschool with .2 points higher on her GPA than I did, and got better funding for school eventhough I was in more clubs and took more difficult classes. Then I would tell myself that if you know what you want to major in, pick the best school for you and move there. I knew I wanted to be an interior designer, but instead of moving away to my college of choice I tried to save money by taking the basics like English and Art History at a local campus. It took me 3 years before I finally moved away. The last piece of advice is never move in with your best friend. When I finally moved away to my dream school I moved in with my two best friends from highschool. We haven't spoken since I moved out.

Cesalee

My school campus has beautiful landscaping and makes you feel comfortable.

My school campus has beautiful landscaping and makes you feel comfortable.

Well one thing that i would tell myself is to be more organized in high school. This good habit will help you a lot in college. Also don't lose contact with friends that you had in high school when you move. You might regret it like I did. Another thing is to have good study and homework habits. There will be a lot of homework in college. And the teachers will not baby you like they did in high school.

Well I believe that there is no one kind of person to attend this university. Anyone who attends this school will find something they like or people are like them. There is a wide diversity of people.

Shelley

My classmates are very friendly and they are diverse; anyone can find friends here.

You don't have to follow your sisters foot steps. And don't worry about having a boyfriend and if you do, college will be very tough. Don't stress out so much about school if something happens let it go because most of the time you can't do anything about it. Just stay focused and be yorself. Don't worry so much about you high school friends they will move on and most likely you guys will septerate, but don't worry about it. There are a lot of friends out there. Also, make sure you have a job on the side because it give you extra money, helps with time managament, and keeps you out of trouble.

I wish I knew what I wanted to study before I came here, but this school is good for finding out what you want to do. And they have a lot to offer. I wish I knew more about getting more scholarships and help

Amber

Pitt State is a very friendly and exciting place to be, everyones willing to help you out with what you need and most of the teachers if not your advisors are a big help.

If I had the chance to go back in time I would tell myself read up and get a head start on my classes a week before school starts so that all the information isn't to much to take in the first couple of days. I would also recommend working and saving as much money as possible so that living would be stressfree. Stress is one thing that you don't need in college prepare yourself well with balancing hours and work. College will be the best choice you will ever make and you wil be successful with what you take out of it. Study hard everyday and don't get behind. Then again enjoy your college experience but to a point where to won't get in the way and take any opportunity when it comes to getting paid, Your going to need it!

Andrew

College is great. There is so much freedom, excitement, new people, and best of all plenty of free time. This free time is really the huge difference between high school and college. Some use the free time to play their favorite video games such as Call of Duty or Halo 3. Others use their free time to sleep their life away and do absolutely nothing. Several find themselves going out several nights a week and getting intoxicated. This, by the way, I do not recommend. And then of course there are those who study almost every waking minute they are not in class. This however, I also do not recommend. I think the secret to being successful in college is to find the balance between both your social life (which can be very important) and of course your studies. Getting good grades should be your primary focus because; this is of course why you are there. To achieve and become something better than you are now. Students should stay on the task of getting their degree, starting their careers, and hopefully bettering the world in the process.

The worst thing about my school would probably have to do with the type of people that go there. I am a freshman that lives in the dorms and it seems like almost every single girl goes out and gets hammered every single night with all of the Frat guys. Because of this it is basically impossible to have a relationship with any of the freshman girls unless you plan on getting cheated on.

Probably the most frustrating thing about my school would be the fact that i live in the dorms and the fire alarm gets pulled on a regular basis. And apparently it's the law for everyone to evacuate the building after it is pulled. So thanks to the drunken girls and frat guys we often have to march out into the darkness at 3 a.m. Never a good time lol.

Pittsburg State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.