Plymouth, NH
Plymouth State University

You may be eligible! These Lenders offer loans to students who attend Plymouth State University

Alexia

My classmates are very outgoing and intelligent.

My classmates are very outgoing and intelligent.

If I could go back in time and talk to my self as a high school senior I would tell my self many things. I would tell my self not to stress and relax, everything is going to work out. I would also tell myself to apply for as many scholarships as possible becuase paying for school is not going to be easy!

I brag about how amazing the PSU community is!

kateri

It has a great location and so many different majors.

It has a great location and so many different majors.

People who aren't "party-people" definitelly shouldn't attend this school! Also, people who are not open minded or willing to stand up for themselves.

Jack

Dear Jack, as you are getting ready to start your college I thought I would give you some tips about making the transition. The most important piece of information I can give you is to find a good group of students to become friends with. Find like-minded people who want to do well in school. Avoid the people who are just at college for the parties whose parents pay for everything. As you get into the new found independence you must learn to balance socializing with friends and doing school work. You can always hang out with your friends later; sometimes your school work can't wait! Just remember to take it easy. College can be some of the greatest years of your life but it can be turned upside down any minute. Don't go with the crowd be your own man and do what makes you happy.

The best thing about Plymouth State University is it's size. The amount of people who attend this school is just right for me. There are enough people who go here that you will not see the same people every day; but enough to know a lot of them. It is also very environmentally friendly which means a lot to me.

This school is a good fit for any one. Every one here is very accepting and it is quite easy for people to make friends. Their are so many clubs that are active here that new students will find like minded people very quickly.

bianca

My classmates are not just classmates, but are family and we are always there for one another.

Instead of driving from Milan, NH to Plymouth, NH my college offers a program where the teachers from Plymouth State drive to White Mountain Community College and we go there. It is a newer program and has been very successful.

I would tell myself that you need to be prepared to work hard for your education. If you want a good grade you have to work for it. I would also tell myself if you need help fight for it and work hard. There is always help for those who need it you just have to be willing to look for it. Sometimes asking for help isn't always a bad thing. Some people will say no but then there are the others who go the extra distance to insure you get the help you deserve. Push the limits and never stop until you get what you need. There will be long nights and assignments that seem impossible but it is those nights and assignments that show you who you are and what you are capable of.

Morgan

Plymouth State University is a small campus in New Hampshire and a lot of people wonder why you would want to live in such a rural environment; the beauty of the campus, dedication of the faculty, and the opportunities the school holds is what makes it my kind of perfect.

Opportunity is the best thing about being a student at Plymouth State University; they have study abroad programs, a variety of clubs including academics, sports, hobbies, and more, plenty of minors to choose from and they strive for your success with their tutors and other help desks that are always open.

Trisha

My classmates are very friendly here at Plymouth State University. They are very understanding people who make the environment at Plymouth State a very comfortable one. The students here are very caring people and are always willing to help others. I couldn't ask for a better group of people to spend my 4 years of college with.

At Plymouth State University there is a wide variety of undergraduate and graduate programs taught by staff that are 100% dedicated to student success. Campus is located in the natural beauty of New England, just south of the White Mountains. We are surrounded by some of the nation's most beautiful landscapes, which allows students recreation oppotunities all year round. Outdoor recreation activites are very popular among our students, this creates opportunties for classmates to form special bonds, making our campus a very friendly and comfortable place to be.

There are so many things that I would go back and tell my high school senior self. A major one would be that the work is worth it. All the late night homework assignments will pay off and the stress of college admissions will end and it will turn into something amazing. It is very important to listen to what your teachers have to say to you, they know what they are talking about, they have been in the same exact spot that you're in now. Take every bit of advice that you can from them, because, trust me, it will come in handy. Don't be so hard on yourself about a bad SAT score, because even though it may be important, it does not measure your worth as a student. Having a tutor is a glorious thing, they help so much and a lot of the time can get you to understand something better than your professor can. And lastly, do NOT procrastinate. Procrastination is an evil thing to get caught up in, just stay focused and force yourself to sit down and do your work!

Kristen

The classmates that I have in the Social Work Department are all really friendly, accepting to transfer students like myself, and really display a drive and passion for social work. It is a great feeling to sit in class with people that care just as much as you do about making a difference in the lives of others in the same way.

If I could go back I would tell my high school self to take one semester off and travel or something crazy to help me find myself before leaving for college. I have changed my major three different times because of not knowing who I really was and what my true calling is. After my second change in major I took a semester off and worked full time and traveled around and figured out my passion was helping people. Last year when I enrolled in Social Work classes I knew immediately this was what I was meant to be doing and found my passion. The one semester that I took to myself and really got to focus on ME was so beneficial!

The most frustratig thing about Plymouth State University is the financial aid situation. I feel students that really need the help may not be receiving it. Many students have parents that make good money so it looks as if they can help their children through school. This is absolutely not the truth. Both semesters I have attended here I have had trouble with getting financial aid questions answered and being assisted in finding other sources of financial help for school.

Marina

My classmates are curious, funny, opinionated and really helpful.

My classmates are curious, funny, opinionated and really helpful.

Learn more Math. It will certainly come in handy.

I haven’t met someone that doesn’t deserve to be here. I think that everybody should have an equal chance to education.

bianca

I would tell my self to visit the colleges i wanted to attend more than once. I have now attended three colleges. First was NHTI where i left after a year since i was home sick since my dad had just passed away. Second was WMCC where i graduated with an associates. I am now currently enrolled in Plymouth State University. My second piece of advice is to take more ruunning start courses to cut the cost down on college classes.

I feel like the worst thing about my school is their unwillingness to help me financially. My father passed away in 2010 from esophogeal cancer. Then in May 2013 my mom was diagnosed with stage 4 stomach cancer. It is unpossible to pay an extra $3000 to be able to continue going to Plymouth. I work two part time jobs and most of my money goes to support my mom since she is unable to work. I'd do anything to not have to ask my mom for help.

I believe anyone can attend this college. An unmotivated student shouldn't attend any college since it is a lot of work. You have to stay on top of your courses and be dedicated to your education.

Plymouth State University administrators: claim your school to add photos and details.